• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - TLP wants it all to move faster now... (1 Viewer)

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
RedCents
2,993¢
I was on the forums at DBG today and all the TLPers are complaining they want the next expac unlocked, now! Not in months, they don't want to wait for um, whats the word, oh yeah... progression

This I find so hilarious that I had to post here about it, let me see... all the TLPers wanted a server that let them feel 15 years younger, only to find it was no fun being stuck 15 years ago, they want mercs, they want Plane of Knowledge, they basically want what they had all along, the framework in live to progress from level 1 to level what the fuck ever you want up to 105 and at whatever pace you want to set but still have options. You remember when you got impatient on live when you tried to relive the lower levels and grabbed a merc to make life easier.... Welcome to EQ for 2015, shit has changed, adapt or complain to the short bus driver your TLP is going too slow, its the short bus of EQ and you can get off it and come back to live anytime, we will welcome you back and even help you kill that pesky dragon your whole group keeps dying on. Oh and gear? we vendor all that shit you all desire so badly.... oh and we have cookies....

PS sorry guys wanted to post that on the DBG forums but they frown on my language... fuck em

Actually its Ragefire which want SoV, nothing more.
We want 3 month per xpac, thats pretty much all. The last poll dbg did, had total borked and misunderstanding options.

I stayed on Ragefire because it was to be the faster of the two servers progression wise. For some reason they feel the need to make polls that are misleading. All they need to do is say Ragefire is 3 month per xpac and Lockjaw is 6 month. One last transfer to which you prefer and be done with it.

lol, I'm on Ragefire and perfectly happy with the slower unlocks. Gives me time to expand and develop my bot army.

I might even start accounts on Lockjaw too just for during the day when my Bro is busy.

lol, I'm on Ragefire and perfectly happy with the slower unlocks. Gives me time to expand and develop my bot army.

I might even start accounts on Lockjaw too just for during the day when my Bro is busy.

There is nothing to expand anymore.. my group is 60, and adding a new lv 60 takes what, 4-5 days ?

I was on the forums at DBG today and all the TLPers are complaining they want the next expac unlocked, now! Not in months, they don't want to wait for um, whats the word, oh yeah... progression

This I find so hilarious that I had to post here about it, let me see... all the TLPers wanted a server that let them feel 15 years younger, only to find it was no fun being stuck 15 years ago, they want mercs, they want Plane of Knowledge, they basically want what they had all along, the framework in live to progress from level 1 to level what the fuck ever you want up to 105 and at whatever pace you want to set but still have options. You remember when you got impatient on live when you tried to relive the lower levels and grabbed a merc to make life easier.... Welcome to EQ for 2015, shit has changed, adapt or complain to the short bus driver your TLP is going too slow, its the short bus of EQ and you can get off it and come back to live anytime, we will welcome you back and even help you kill that pesky dragon your whole group keeps dying on. Oh and gear? we vendor all that shit you all desire so badly.... oh and we have cookies....

PS sorry guys wanted to post that on the DBG forums but they frown on my language... fuck em

We don't want mercs or PoK or any of that right now. We want what you said in your first line... "progression." The expansion was beaten. The expansion has been farmed out by the top guild. The tier 2 guilds are now moving in on the end game content. If we were going by what everyone understood was the "deal" with Ragefire and Lockjaw, then Velious would be getting unlocked around mid December or so. Instead, they made a new poll with dubious questions and effectively duped people into voting for a 6 month unlock.

And you're right, it isn't fun to be stuck 15 years ago. That's why the majority want to be un-stuck and want to, again, progress to the next expansion. I'm not even in the top guilds on Ragefire and I haven't even killed Trakanon once yet and I don't care. I've had my fun with Kunark and I'm ready for Velious now. If I wanted to kill Trakanon for the gazillionth time in my life I would load my 105 arx raid geared SK and blow Trak's head through his ass in 1 swing. I got 60, I got my epic and I hit up my old favorite hot spots and had my fun. Now I'm ready to do a shawl quest and screw around in Velious and who knows, maybe join one of the big guilds and do some raiding this time around since there is a lot more of it to do.

Also I feel like you think there is some disparity between a "Live" server player and a "TLP" server player, but there isn't any difference. We're all still Everquest players and we're all playing the same game. A large population of "TLP" players also play and raid on Live in parallel. A TLP server is just a different rule-set and it's something different and generally "new" again in some ways.

Sorry that I got a little bored of farming Arx for a year straight so I joined up on Ragefire. On the same token, I am now bored of farming Kunark and Classic for the last 6 months and I want to progress.

That's hilarious

Cry for new content -> get new content -> use massive bot armies to farm new content -> cry for more content.

The top tier guilds on ragefire are a bunch of whiny cunts who need to stop worrying about the size of their e-peen. If you're so bored with the game then go out and get a life, go get laid, go do something else. The game doesn't revolve around how bored you are with it.

Pretty funny how fast this has degenerated into "get a life and get laid." TLP discussion brings out the best in everyone, even people with no vested interest in it. :rollseyes:

So...why don't you go out, get a life and get laid? If you're bored with EQ then stop playing it for a couple days/weeks/months and go get some sunshine instead of crying online about it. Either that or take some time to enjoy the game and stop rushing through content. If you're too dumb to realize that rushing through content is going to end up leaving you bored then I'm not sure what to say.

So SoV gets released, you mouth breathers rush through the content again, farm the shit out of everything with your bot armies, wake up the sleeper because e-peen, then cry and whine for SoL to be released after you're all bored with farming content you rushed through for the 'zomg server first!' kills. It was your choice to rush through the content so enjoy being bored with it.

Everyone who plays EQ is a virgin. Just accept it. Each login negates each time your labia/penis has touched another human.

I think the real issue is that the EQ dev team has limited resources, and fixing the broken Broken Mirror comes first. They simply can't roll out Velious on TLP right now. Nice of them to give you a bullshit vote, though!

Ideally, they would have done two things with TLP:

1) Ragefire would release expansions as people voted.
2) Lockjaw would release them at a P99 pace, years inbetween each one.

I was not going to mention how many times over 15 years I have had sex while gaming, but its a few... It is actually one of my wifes favorite "tricks".... half a bj then wander off into the bedroom....

Everyone who plays EQ is a virgin. Just accept it. Each login negates each time your labia/penis has touched another human.

Now this is the type of logic I can get on top of!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, "everyone wants..." statements are retarded. I play on the TLP. Sure, most people want Velious after 3 months, but after that only a handful of peple would want anything after to come sooner than 6 months. After SoV, there is so much stuff to do, including grinding for AAs.

Discussion - TLP wants it all to move faster now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back