• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Thinking of coming back (1 Viewer)

RedCents
33¢
HI guys

I did this about 2 years ago and am fancying playing eq again.

Since its now free to play I have a few questions.
Is there a level boost system so you can get gear spells and level up to 50 or along them lines?

I am planning to 6 box using IS boxer and the tools found on here. somthing I have done before.

Now were in FTP other that the usual rules about not warping in middle of pok etc is there anything else to be wary about, I do remember using /zone and accdently warping through POK while the progression server was still in Vellious and nothing came of it lol.

I am unsure if I should go to progression server (is this now POP or later?) or a mainstream server?

I am thinking the following combination of classes:

Tank: SK
Heals: Cleric
CC+ Misc: Bard
Slows/dps: Shaman
DPS: Rogue
DPS: Mage

Or would I be better dropping the shammy for a bst and the bard for a chanter? My last mix included a enchanter rather than a bard and I regreted it simply because I had lack of easy single pulls and had to keep running the cleric to Paci.

To minimise cost of the subscriptions for the cleric and rogue should I just use them as free to play accounts (or silver) or am I better off paying full sub?

Also are there versions of the zone and warp plugins or have they gone fully? I cant see them on the plugin list

Thanks Allot guys.

Last edited:
Warping and any active hack is now easily saw by soe. They added a system that detects it. No one has found a way to beat it.

If you manually pull with bard you can single pull. If you macro pull with sk get adds you can use enchanter it is really a preference thing.

Free to play max level is 90 and you don't get latest expansion and has max 1000 as mark you can by boost for max number. If I was t do it I'd g FTP till 90 with 1000 aa then pay to 95 and alas I want then maybe go back to FTP even though you will no longer get rank 2 spells. Paying gets you the best character.

Now boxing look into kiss assist to run all your toons it's east to set up and is included in the compile. I use fast he l macro for my cleric. Also easy to set up.

Sent from IPad.

Warping and any active hack is now easily saw by soe. They added a system that detects it. No one has found a way to beat it.

Thats a bummer really hate trying to run 6 toons to the same zone lol.

Are there many players at lower level now or are we talking empty zones?

Another part of me is thinking just pick a single class on 1 account but thats a bit pointless if theres no groups and I end up soloing all the way.

You only need to run 3 toons to a zone then you can use the camp fire to get the rest to your camp or what ever

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

All of our efforts over the last 2 years has been to make our compile and macros safe as possible. All of our plugins are up to date for current EQ live server. We have added 6 new plugins over the last 3 months, two of of them specifically for Free to play users.

Dont discount merc usefulness too... What used to take 6 characters can usually be done with 3 + mercs and doesnt cost as much $$$ in terms of accounts.

If you're running 6 accounts, for that little extra boost on bigger targets put your healer accounts outside of group replace them with more mercs (if you have scripts that work out of group that is). I'll drop my cleric and shaman out of group and add dps/healer as needed.

Lol I'm an oldtimer that has much experience of dropping X toon from group for Y toon to join and share effects/buffs etc for easier named kills.. not sure why but dropping to add merc dps never really crossed my mind. Hasn't come up relaly but there have been a few times when that could of been useful. RC!

Hi Guys,

Great info.

Have decided to go for 3 accounts and 3 mercs. Decided to go for SK, Shaman (decided shaman for ok dps, buffles and slows with assumption I will run a healing merc) and a Wiz (3 classes I never really did back in the day)

Spent the last week checking out server populations etc when I intend to play. im at level 12 now on each (small feat I know but my time has been usually limited this week)

The next question is: Am I better off buying some PP and kitting out my guys in okish gear to level up in or best to do the armour quests? Naturally I would spend most on the SK.

Also merc combination Currently running 2x melee dps and 1 cleric (Since Shammy healing sucks till later). Would I be better off mixing in a Caster DPS or not?

first off rule of thmb when u run mercs always know they get some of ur xp, so running MQ2 might as well run 6 toons; secondly at the low level u r at i wouldnt spend the plat get to lvl 65 and then things get easier; thirdly i sale Plat :) let me know if u need services Plat; PL toon creation; as far as ur PM i dont do in home services; Maskoi does those :) GL

first off rule of thmb when u run mercs always know they get some of ur xp, so running MQ2 might as well run 6 toons; secondly at the low level u r at i wouldnt spend the plat get to lvl 65 and then things get easier; thirdly i sale Plat :) let me know if u need services Plat; PL toon creation; as far as ur PM i dont do in home services; Maskoi does those :) GL

Thanks for the offers :)

I figured Mercs would get a % of exp same as pets really. Im not overly fussed as im really only playing as a pass time rather than my life (like I use to). I decided to go for 3 simply for the $$ and the ease of moving my toons around/recovering from wipes etc.

That said I could Always add a Rogue as there FTP same as wizzies just to keep the dps up (plus I love rogues) Only thing that I have just thought of is im more or less relying on Merc healing until my shammy can take over. is it up to scratch?

I might get plat simply so I can keep myself in mana regen pots and mercs. Save having to loot everything and endless vendor runs.

Thanks.

Melee mercs are better for DPS with a shammy. The shammy at higher levels gets Spirit of Panther line which procs off of melee attacks. Your SK, sk pet, 2 mercs, and shammy pet is a lot of damage from that shammy buff.

You will need to keep your cleric merc with just a shammy.

at low levels, Personally I would do 2 cleric mercs and a tank merc, and set up kissassist, so you can afk/semi afk exp and gain levels while you are not physically playing. I know you have a SK, but the tank mercs are actually pretty decent, and once you get up in levels, you should get the T5 merc which just requires you to do the Korasacian warrens theme progression.

thats specifically for AFK playing, but the tank one isnt too bad at DPS either

edit

and do the fellowship, it just takes 3 people to create a campfire, so you can easily gate or teleport back to a bind spot, or zone, then use the fellowship item to teleport right back to the group

Just thought I would give you an update..

I am touching 25 now. I'm using a war shaman bard rogue wiz n a cleric mercenaries. Having a small problem with mq2melee as I can't get it to trigger sneak attack for my rogue. It sneak n hides etc but dost use the disc? Any clues? Am using kissassist.

Also I started a fellowship and used camp fire but couldn't figure out how to teleport my bard back from pok ?

Thanks

Just thought I would give you an update..

I am touching 25 now. I'm using a war shaman bard rogue wiz n a cleric mercenaries. Having a small problem with mq2melee as I can't get it to trigger sneak attack for my rogue. It sneak n hides etc but dost use the disc? Any clues? Am using kissassist.

Also I started a fellowship and used camp fire but couldn't figure out how to teleport my bard back from pok ?

Thanks

I cant help you with the disc problem, but to port back to your camp fire you click on the "fellowship registration insignia" that you get frm the fellowship creation guy. Keep following his prompts until you get one. It looks kinda like a sunflower. If you don't have VoA it wont work in a bag.

did you add the disc to kissassist? you have to manually add it and add what hp it needs to trigger

like this
DPS12=Feral Swipe|100|90|80|70|60|50|40|30|20|10|5

atleast, i did that just incase it switches to another mob, and its hp is low.. but you need to add the hps at which you want it to trigger too

unless its in mq2melee, then you need to turn it on, and /melee save

It acts up sometimes for some reason and will go a whole day without working, so this way I know for sure it does it.. along with flurry of claws and rush, 2 different timers but with both on on /melee it only does 1, so I just bypassed to make sure everything works every time

Awesome will try that.

I had an awesome mac years ago called rogue helper. It did everything flawles I will see if i can dig it up.

Al9s my wiz seems to get stuck on kissassist.. he hits 25 mana meds n dost cast after unless I restart him however my shaman who iis setup identical other than dps spell names works fine, any cues?

No need sussed it. Any idea how I get shaman to use canni 2? put it in buffs but no joy.

hit level 45 just after about 16 hours of playing. the cleric merc makings an amazing tank. So far ive been pulling upwards of 8 to 10 mobs in one go, heals from cleric so it gets agro and just seems to stay alive. been getting 1/3 of a level per pull until I hit dranic scar and needed to slow down a touch.

did you do

canni II or whatever it is called, with

|100|mana

I believe thats how its worked out

Hi Guys.

Update: Im now hit level 51, really enjoying myself although exp wise things have slowed from 5% to 2% in pod/pon.

Not to worry though.

I cant seem to get my Shaman to keep Puma up on my melee guys, Im happy for him just to keep it up and use all his mana doing that as the dps boost is huge.

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=5.1
Role=Assist
CampRadius=20
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=25
MedCombat=1
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
EQBCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=1
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Harnessing of Spirit|MA
Buffs2=Cannibalize II|Mana|80
Buffs3=Spirit of the Bih'li
Buffs4=Stamina|MA
Buffs5=quickness
Buffs6=spirit of the Puma|MA
Buffs7=Null
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=2
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Null
DPS2=tagar's insects|98
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1 greater Healing|50
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
AutoRezOn=0
AutoRezWith=Your Rez Item/AA/Spell
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=YourPetSpell
PetFocus=NULL
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=1
PetBuffs1=quickness
PetBuffs2=NUll
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=/quit
AFKPCRadius=150
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich (BB code):

you have it set for the MA who is the person you first target when your starting the macro

currently i don't know of any single target group buff support.. might have to ask maskoi to add it in or tell you (and the rest of us) what comes after the pipe to make your shammy buff the group with it...

Rich (BB code):

you have it set for the MA who is the person you first target when your starting the macro

currently i don't know of any single target group buff support.. might have to ask maskoi to add it in or tell you (and the rest of us) what comes after the pipe to make your shammy buff the group with it...

Thanks the MA was to see if it would cast but nope. she casts quickness on everyone but not puma. Wonder if its worth setting up shambot?

Its an attack buff.

DPS1=Spirit of the Puma|MA

Will cast it on the MA. Kiss doesn't support casting single target attack buffs on multiple toons.

Yeah once you get level 71 you'll get the group version and making it cast on the MA will still work but it'll boost the entire groups DPS.

Question - Thinking of coming back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back