• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Funny - "The Prime Candidate" (1 Viewer)

Heh, reminds me of a programming assignment I had to do in my C++ class last semester. The assignment was the same as the one mentioned above; write a program to check if a number is prime. Most of the students in the class just found algorithms online and implemented them in their code, but there was one student who just went through and hardcoded every number up to 1000 as either prime or not prime.

He didn't pass the class.

I don't actually understand why you would need to know how to do that to get a job, it's just weird I've been coding for 15 years and I never used that sequence for anything... If someone asks me to do a Fibonacci sequence or whatever it's called when I apply for my next job, I'll just say thanks, but I don't want to work here if this is the kind of crap you are gonna pull...

/slams door.

They can ask me to reverse engineer an app or show them I know how to use the stl library or something you actually have to use or be able to do, but these kind of tests only produce a bunch of likeminded drones and I guess that's what some companies wants, but I'd rather be with a team that values thinking outside the box and individual talent.

Thank you EQMule, I completely agree with your sentiment on this!

If however, blah blah blah... [boring diatribe of script removed due to being pointless]

Nothing to see here, move along!

~TheFiddler~

Funny - "The Prime Candidate"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back