• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

The new thing they are doing? (1 Viewer)

What have you been gking? What kinda gear did you have? What server? Gking in open zones? Been checked out by anyone lately? Is your eqplayers profile updated naked and set to private?

nothing open, demiplane at 4am est. no messages or anything, just 2 of us crashed, then came back in to nakedness. if we got caught then we got caught, but hell, an entire strip was more harsh than a susp or rollback.

Did you crash or get "You have been disconnected" Black screen and goto Server Select?

Its it was an actual crash, as in to desktop, with an error window, chances are it wasent a GM and you got bugged. But then again, how would one explain what you were doing when you crashed to cause this bug? LOL

If you were "You have been disconnected" Yepo it was a GM. Either way, gear is much easier to get back than level and 1000 aa's. For me, I would take the strip and regear in one day or less. Especially since I dont keep anything on my monk at all except his gear. All farmed gear for sale gets moved in a very ingenious untraceable way lol.

All we were doing was kiting hatchet around a bit. The adds killed us and we decided to leave the zone. We gated out, got our corpses in lobby. All the toons in the group got a FULL DEMI 365day lockout and the 2 monks in the instance were stripped. My bank was stripped all but some dumb droppable I had in shared bank.

Is DpoB a Dynamic Zone or an Instance?

365 day lockout is some kinda bug. Its been posted on Sony boards.

What the heck is a GM doing trolling at 4am est anyway. They need to get a life hehe.

They're both known bugs (losing the gear and the lockout). You can petition but you better have a good story.

I've had fellow guildies that this happened to. Neither of them are mq'ers either. The were with us during a demi run the night before and when they logged in next day, their toons were naked.

I've also had 2 guildmates in the past week try to log on and find all their toons deleted. Both of them got all their stuff back, but Sony will not tell them who ganked their accounts. This seems to be a problem that is happening more and more lately so careful with what you do and change your passwords more frequently.

I had a real odd bug sometime back, about a month or so and it took like 4 days for them to fix it...

I was exping in Rescue Cicero Hard. When I complete the mission both my cleric and enchanter got booted, but I noticed on the screen on the cleric "you have lost 9 levels" so I quickly looked at my enchanters monitor and same thing only "you have lost 24 levels!"

I petitioned as my toons were basicly unplayable for 4 day while they investigated the issue. After 4 days they just rolled back my cleric and enchanter to 3 hours beforre I started the mission. Hell if I knew they were gonna do that, I would have took all my gear off of both first!

They're stripping characters of all gear on the toon and bank. They nailed me earlier today, and thats all they did was wipe the gear. Well, except for one toon the gm decided to roll clear back to level 1. Level one toon with full raid buffs was kinda amusing in its own sick way though.

I'm surprised they'd feel confident enough that you were hacking to strip your characters and roll them back, but not suspend or ban you.

Still no answer to my petition, 10 hours have passed. Maybe in India they don't know some of the words I used so I will retype it in Hindu and resend tomorrow.

I had my gear and bank stripped by a GM once. There was a GM in the Umbral plains one night. Guess there was going to be an event of some sorts. Im guessing Deodan had me targetted and accidently gave me a buff called ''jt_buff''. It had no timer on it, couldnt be dispelled, added 500k hps to my total hps and regened to full each tick. I left the event and went on to exp in RSS. A few weeks later I was caught killing names in RCoD and they told me my gear was going to be stripped and 3 day suspension. I was even stripped of flags. That was almost 2 years ago on the Legends server.

Yea I kinda scratched my head over it to, the guy caught me redhanded too. The GM was kind of an asshole about the whole thing, but it is his job I guess.

If they wiped my gear, I'd hang it up. EQ doesn't mean enough to me anymore to go through getting geared back to my current level. :rolleyes: Now a 20 day rollback, 10 day suspension.. I could live with. 20 days of loss isn't much to me.

There's really no difference between slicing a toon to level 1 and banning them. Maybe they think you'll keep paying for the account, shrug. The 20 day rollback 10 day suspension on first offense seemed like a win/win to me. Most addicts aren't gonna quit EQ over 20 days of loss, but it still stings enough to make you think twice... and with the threat of "We'll be watching you!" it might just sway some people to stop cheating all together. Banning / lvl 1 is just a loss of revenue if you ask me. Unlike other people who post here, I run one main, and one alt. If they stripped my main naked (and possibly demoted to lvl 1) I'd quit EQ in a heart beat. I'm not starting over in a game that's 8 years old. There are lots of other choices out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to agree, this striped and/or demoted to level one is not the brightest way to go, I know that if one of my Mains were to be hit with that, I'd cancel all 7 accounts and go do something else. EQ isn't fun anymore....EQ/MQ2 now that is still fun :) There has to be a ton of 4+ account people out there that Mq2. I don't know what the monthly rate is but i'm assuming it is still about 14 bucks that works out to 170ish a year and in my case that is about 1200 a year. If they piss off enuf mq2ers then they stand to lose a lot of hydras not just a few players.

I would have to agree. I really don't raid much any more do to all the time I put into work. If or when they do a stip to lvl 1 of one of my 12 toons, that will be it for me. Lord knows I could put the money to better use.

:rolleyes:

After 4 days they finally get back to me:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is GM Anuhadu, thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. I have investigated the matter and it turns out that you were caught hacking by a Developer of EverQuest, and he wiped your character. There was a mistake made in processing your account, and it was not suspended with review for banning as it should have been. I have corrected this, and suspended your account as per the directions left by this Developer.

A supervisor will review your account at some point during the next 10 days. He will determine whether the account is permanently banned, or if the account will be released to you at the end of the 10 day period. If the account is released in 10 days, you will NOT get your items back, as it was determined that this character was using the cheat program since it's creation in December. Consider yourself lucky to still be level 75 and maxed AA points if the account is released. Good luck to you and safe journeys.

Sincerely;
GM Anuhadu
In-Game CSR - EverQuestSony Online Entertainment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The kicker is, I can't cancel the account while it is in "banned" status. Grats to SoE for losing another 8 accounts between myself and my friend.

man what a 50/50 chance. sucks if you don't know for sure if you got cought or you got bugged .. Would be nice to know when to petion and when not to :P GL hope you get the account back

Honestly what sony is doing with the level 1 rollback is quite appropriate hehe. Unless you're dumb enough to use your primary main monk (if that's the class you play), pretty much all these GK superbots were PL'd quickly then self leveled even faster to 75 + capped aa + anguish loot. For all the boo-hooing about losing all that leet gear you worked so hard for ... grow up ... you didn't work hard for shit. This all assumes that you weren't stupid enough to use your primary as the GK bot ... in which case stupid is as stupid does.

As for me ... yeah I PL'd a monk. Yeah that monk has capped aa and CoA gear. If it got rolled back to level 1? /shrug ... didn't get my main or other accounts that jimmy'd all that free loot.

I have to agree KeithClancy. I'm referring to general getting busted for MQ usage. Warp, afk macroing, etc. I personally don't GK because for me, personally, it's crossing a line which I don't belive in. Sorta like "GOD" mode. What's the point of playing then? Heh, anyway, not trying to judge, just how I personally look at it for my own toons. Additionally, the flood of "I had my ass handed to me for GKing" would seem to suggest steering clear of it. Back to my original point, I'm talking about mains using MK in other less controversial ways. I don't know that this sort of punishment is being handed out for those offenses....

I'm not crying about anything other than they took away the last fun I had in EQ. Alot of events with GK made the game fun again. I don't mean sitting waiting for anguish mobs to die. Stuff like Sendaii was really fun. EQ without MQ sucked anything after the PoP expansion. Whoever designed that expansion needs to come back if they think EQ can ever be what it was. The bonehead devs just keep throwing time sinks at us and then wonder why the population has dwindled. I used to raid every night religiously, and I did it for years. The only way to succeed in the game is to be socially involved nonstop, and that did nothing but hurt the game. Even when I am raiding on my main, I am amused by how many times I say... it's no wonder why we cheat.

Last edited:
It was the first time I have been caught. I came up with a brilliant idea to kinda threaten them into giving me my account back with my gear but I will keep quiet about that until I get a reply from the smart people in India... ummm, I mean SoE.

Historically speaking, threatening Sony is probably the worst thing you can do. What's proven to work from time to time are apologies and stories about how your damn teenage kid blah blah blah "I whipped him good and put him in internet restriction" blah blah blah. Sony can delete your account anytime they want for no other reason than they felt like diong so. They own it ... not you. You pay them for time, so the only thing they owe you is your time paid ... but even then they can just give you a refund.

Threats accomplish nothing because inevitably, those threats are meaningless.

ominous54 said:
It was the first time I have been caught. I came up with a brilliant idea to kinda threaten them into giving me my account back with my gear but I will keep quiet about that until I get a reply from the smart people in India... ummm, I mean SoE.

I just said hey this was my first offense and banning is kinda rough I never denied or admitted I was doing it. I just kept asking when my suspension would be lifted (I was banned lol) and finally got ccount back....

1. I'm not a teenage kid
2. I already cancelled all of my accounts so if the worst thing they can do is ban them, I'm not scared.
3. What I threatened them with is HUGE. Now it is just a game I am playing with them to entertain myself.

The new thing they are doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back