• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - The Burning Lands (1 Viewer)

btw when you get back to pok the quest is done but check all your guys to be sure they got reward drop that mission before clicking the new item for trials
the question you are asked is the npc name who gave you quest .

the first mission i invised to last bridge where mobs to kill are between both bridge and pulled there , did not want to lose faction since i was already in a bad way with the air peeps anyways.

the first mission i invised to last bridge where mobs to kill are between both bridge and pulled there , did not want to lose faction since i was already in a bad way with the air peeps anyways.

Ah, shoot ... what’s the faction issues to content with? More shit like the VP faction turmoil of RoS.

well if you get close to most the mobs there they will kill you including the quest mob who decided to get into my untimely rumble and the merchant :) so after ya get quest invis up and follow what i did up top for win :)

Yep, wish I never bought this exp. Looks like I'm going to have to tune all my macro's a bit. This is not a friendly multi box expansion.

Out of all the trials of smoke, which is easiest to box? I looked a couple late last night and they both sounded like you had to jump around from pads as they activated. Is there one that is straightforward, hack and slash style?

Ok so this trial stuff is kind of confusing. If I get one trial done...can I pass to Embry all the time or do I have to keep doing a trial each time I need to get to that zone. Also, some have said that if I get into that zone I can use a camp fire to bring in other toons without having them thru the progression...anyone know if that works. If I get ONE trial done can I simply go through the trials zone for ever to the next zone or is it the clicky key that ports me to the next zone each time i finish the trail again? Sorry but this progression unlock crap is pretty FUBAR.

you get one trial done you get a temporary pass to next zone if you leave it you have to do a trial again to get acess
till all trials are done then you got perma acess, the fires should work unless the devs changed it

you get one trial done you get a temporary pass to next zone if you leave it you have to do a trial again to get acess
till all trials are done then you got perma acess, the fires should work unless the devs changed it

If you finish one trial and leave the instance. You can request a new trial and use that instance to pass through to Plane of Ash. The door in the middle will open to let you pass through once one trial is won.

So you have to do all 5 trials at once, or go back and do the Fight Fire again? I'm just about to start in on the trials and if this is true, I need to cut out some more time in my day to do more.

Once you complete one of the 5 trials, you only have to complete the other four, at your leisure. Not one after another once you start. LOL though I am surprised it isnt set up like that!!

Speaking of which, does anyone out there have a current cleric ini that has fast heals and fast group heals to keep up with the brutality of dots/auras etc that are currently going on in the new expansion? Ive tried both of the ones listed in the 11.0 section and they cant keep up.

Speaking of which, does anyone out there have a current cleric ini that has fast heals and fast group heals to keep up with the brutality of dots/auras etc that are currently going on in the new expansion? Ive tried both of the ones listed in the 11.0 section and they cant keep up.

Try turning heals off in kiss and using MQ2Heals ... that’s how I got through EoE in RoS.

Autocleric was decent, too, but I was shocked at how well @jimbob ’s plugin healed. I’m a convert.

Plugins are just way faster. When I use to run dev's macros, I always blanked out my clerics heal section and run MQ2bot. Lotta conflicts though because that plugin was trying to do like a macro and actually run your character, but it was limited and not as flexible as an actual macro, but holy crap it was non-stop constantly casting with zero hesitation. KISS on it's own is pretty fast too, dev's was like being behind a car at a traffic light and the light turns green, but that car waits another 30sec before it goes. I run 3 remedy (lvl96, lvl101 and lvl106) and 3 renewals. Not even sure why people put the slower casting bigger heals in there. For the most part, my clerics spam remedy and the occasional renewal. Remedy is like a .3sec cast, 4sec refresh. The lvl96 one heals for 7.5k(?), my clerics heal MA at 90%. My warrior rarely dips below 80% just using KISS, although have not tried the new expansion mobs at all.

Last edited:
The trials are a lot of moving around and clicking this and that. you know Raid mechanics crap. It seems this entire expac is very anti-boxer. I am very sorry I bought this crap for my entire team, to be stuck behind stupid bottleneck after 2 solo and 1 group quest in the Fing T1 zone.

P.

Ive tried the trial of the three a few times, got one killed. Then got second to 80 but was at 30mana. There would no way I was going to be able to kill the last. 3x100 wizzies with 32K+ AAs in conflag.

I evaced, and the dot killed my group suckage

P.

Sounds like my work-imposed 2-3 month break will give DBG a chance to complete beta testing and properly tune the events. Thanks, guys!

Ive tried the trial of the three a few times, got one killed. Then got second to 80 but was at 30mana. There would no way I was going to be able to kill the last. 3x100 wizzies with 32K+ AAs in conflag.

I evaced, and the dot killed my group suckage

P.

In the trial, do all 4 mobs come at once? Or is it one at a time?

Think all 4 come at once, but on the official forums, sounds like that will be changed. I am up to 5 toons with TBL now and thinking I might as well get the 6th in there, but just gonna work on aa's and gearing out my warrior in EoK stuff and then try TBL trials when they retune it.

In the Trial of 3 its like Dborger said, the easiest to box.

See here: https://tbl.eqresource.com/trialofthree.php

After you say prepared and get your "clues", invis up, with MQ2 NOT running, get to the mob ASAP! ASAP! ASAP! You have literally 2 minutes before you get booted out of the prepared mission. Such bullshit! Anyhow, invis, haul ass then start MQ and begin. I say stop MQ2 before you run invis to your spot because alot of buffing happens as you know...invis breaks. So, the shitty thing about the Trial of 3 is if you are not in the room when the mob aggros, and he will aggro if you are running to the room, with invis off cause mq decided its time to buff...you, and any other toon thats not there yet, go blind! And its not just a short blind either...ITS A WHOLE FUCKING FIGHT WORTH OF BLIND LOL! So.... Anyhow, like I said, the crap part of this is that if you dont engage the mob within maybe 2 minutes...you get booted back to zone in and you have to task back up. GOOD LUCK! :drink

BTW, the 3 mobs will be in 3 little areas off a main hallway once you pass the quest giver...you can look around there before the quest and you will see, not really rooms but balconies very close together.

This mission could be the one to farm gear from to beef up your crew IF we could get some really good ini's posted. I am seeing my tank, and others, after getting battle rezzed, not re engaging the mob right away, and the mob then focusing on the casters. Not sure why yet.

Last edited:
You can just pause MQ2 with "/bcg //mqp on". That way if you get in trouble and need your bots to be running, you just /bcg //mqp off (and make them stop following you if you /afollow) and they are immediately taking action instead of loading up. Make sure returnToCamp is off and chase is on and also have a group uninvis hoykey in case a toon doesn't uninvis and actually does nothing because of invis.

Just finished all the hero missions for TBL to get the sweet Illusion buff. If you have questions about a specific mission hit me up either here or on discord. I did all the missions with 5 of my toons (Sk/Cle/Shm/Bard/Zerk) and a friend who played a monk.

Just finished all the hero missions for TBL to get the sweet Illusion buff. If you have questions about a specific mission hit me up either here or on discord. I did all the missions with 5 of my toons (Sk/Cle/Shm/Bard/Zerk) and a friend who played a monk.

Does the buff fade every time you enter combat because of the stupid small rune component?

I bought the expansion on 1 toon just to check out Beta, I am unsure when I will buy it for my other toons. This expansion has:

[1) zero new AA's
2) very few upgrades to existing AA"s
3) 4-5 spell upgrades of existing Broken Mirror spells (with the every so slightest dps bump on them)
4) Tradeskill gear is Prestige, meaning you willl have to sub all your accounts if you want to use it.

I don't parse anything, but when I move in to a camp, I just run the minimum I think I need which is usually just one group with one cleric. First time I went to this camp, there was one hard mob that made me really think about bringing another cleric along. Then I maxed combat agility. Next day, I went back through breaking in to the camp again and that one hard mob is a total non-issue using just one cleric. Still many more aa's to go. I think the general sturdiness aa is going to add at least 45k more hitpoints to my warrior.

I don't parse anything, but when I move in to a camp, I just run the minimum I think I need which is usually just one group with one cleric. First time I went to this camp, there was one hard mob that made me really think about bringing another cleric along. Then I maxed combat agility. Next day, I went back through breaking in to the camp again and that one hard mob is a total non-issue using just one cleric. Still many more aa's to go. I think the general sturdiness aa is going to add at least 45k more hitpoints to my warrior.

General Sturdiness AA's I think add only 1000 more hp for the TBL ranks, its about 250hp per rank. If you meant, all ranks for all expansions total it adds about 10k hp for a warrior. 1000 hp more is not going to help vs a mob that hits for 35-40k, especially if its a bad combat round with 35k x 4 quad.

Ya, think you're right. I see Increase maximum health by 9000 for the next rank and was thinking that meant it will add 9000 more hit points, but I guess it's you will be 9000 hitpoints from your base hitpoints without gear, aa's or buffs.

A note about the Tradeskill gear, its nothing to get excited about.

Its Prestige tagged since its Tier 3 gear, but you have to loot the tier 3 component drop (Not Tradable) of a namer in a Tier 3 zone. What does that mean?

Its not like RoS where you can just buy it from bazaar and you are done. This time you have to do TBL Progression to make the Tradeskill gear, you can get the bazaar component (a container), but that doesn't help you much unless you do Progression to loot the non-tradable component in a Tier 3 zone. So not as easy as RoS tradeskill gear.

Its Prestige tagged since its Tier 3 gear, but you have to loot the tier 3 component drop (Not Tradable) of a namer in a Tier 3 zone. What does that mean?

Its not like RoS where you can just buy it from bazaar and you are done. This time you have to do TBL Progression to make the Tradeskill gear, you can get the bazaar component (a container), but that doesn't help you much unless you do Progression to loot the non-tradable component in a Tier 3 zone. So not as easy as RoS tradeskill gear.

Not entirely true. The Plane of Smoke trials can drop this item to make the trade skill gear and I have seen many from the trials. I don’t consider the trials to be Tier 3.

Tradable on FV :hfive:

Was not able to get it yet but from all the feedback I have seen so far I am happy to be a 24/25 expansions owner.

Taking a big picture view on things, prior to the release of TBL someone started a thread that I casually read asking about things like slows, ATK debuffs and CC. A common reply was that such things were no longer needed because the tank could just grab half a dozen or so mobs and just tank them while everyone else did DPS. The consensus of that strong minority was that there was no need for bards or enchanter's or whatever other support you might want.

After release it became painfully clear that some tanks weren't as shit hot as they'd thought they were.

My gf and I haven't had a lot of time to work on progression at all but single pulling, mezzing and some other help from my main bard seemed to make most of what we've seen manageable.

Just my thoughts for what they're worth

Discussion - The Burning Lands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back