• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Thanking those that inspired me. (1 Viewer)

Maskoi

old and salty
RedCents
81,516¢
As I am going blind from trying to get KissAssist 4 ready for release tomorrow. I was thinking why the fuck did I take on the task of writing it in the first place. This is kind of rant of why I chose to pursue KissAssist. Its been 6 months since I started it back in March 2011. I actually started white boarding/planning it over 1.5 years ago while i was updating Shambot.

While I try to help everyone I can with the knowledge I have. Over the years I have come into conflict with the elitist programmers (and those that think they are) mostly Devs types not macro writers so much. The conflict is being treated like an idiot because I don't know every single little thing of MQ2. I ask a lot of questions because I am always trying to learn how to write better macros. I do get a lot help but I also get a lot of attitude.

It is my opinion that any talent that had a chance to contribute in recent years just gave up because of all the assholes and lack of encouragement in the MQ2 Community. If you frequent macroquest2.com as I do there has been no new major project in over 3 years. While I have to give credit to those that don't play EQ anymore but still maintain MQ2 I can still call them out for being assholes. This is one of major reasons I try to encourage and reward contributions here.

One thing in 11 years of EQ that hasn't changed is the great people and community here at RedGuides/NotAddicted.com. It is the main reason I chose to write and maintain KissAssist exclusively for you guys here. I have encountered attitude every where else but here over the years and that was part of the inspiration for this project.

I wrote KissAssist to replace all other macros. I took every thing I know about playing EQ for 11 years in a party/group environment and applied to this macro. I tried to distill the common elements of all classes and simplify them into a user friendly easy to use macro. The goal was to combine the most frequently used macros Healer, Hunter, Puller, Assist into one. The release of 4.0 Beta is the first major step of this goal.

The people that have the spirit of what I love about EQ and MQ2 are as follows.

pms
From mq2 for all his help with mq2melee and not being the typical asshole I encountered from MQ2. Also without his contribution none of us would have been playing after House of Thule.

s0rcier
While many have told me flat out they would never touch his code I consider him a mad genius and an inspiration because he must have gone through a lot of bullshit as well to bring us MQ2Melee and other plugins.

Loonies
Author of Zbot. Until I wrote KissAssist I only used 3 macros, Puller, Shambot and Zbot. I refer to Zbot everyday for inspiration while working on KissAssit. Loonies code was the most innovative of any macro I have every used and I have used most of them. The range and ease of use is something I have tried to emulate in KissAssist.

Redbot, Alatyami, Siddin, JMO

While none of them have actively played EQ in 2-3 years they kept Redguides/NotAddicted.com going until I was able to make my it make it home again.

All of you
That have stuck with us or recently joined us. We have some amazing things in store so stay tuned. :)

Last edited:
-WIN-

Maskoi wins the internets for today.

catsaturday191.jpg

That's an awesome post Maskoi, I am new here but I am very grateful to you for all the amazing work you do here. Shambot for one being updated was huge for me. This new kiss macro is a life saver because it's so easy to set up. I box a lot of friends toons and I can set it up on the fly, log toon in, check out their spells, plug them in, change a few settings in the ini and they are good to go! The new version coming out is sure to be even more amazing. Thanks to all the people who don't really play much or anymore who still help out also. I just want to enjoy my EQ experience and you guys help me get back at SoE for all the years of having to do sht like take boats everywhere and they were buggy for every year they were in the game! That's just one example, lol. Anyhow, glad you're here and doing this great service for all of us.

You know those assholes at MQ2 are just that, but man they are quite responsive to those that donate $10 dollars. I did the math and it makes perfect sense of why they are, the way they are.

5 Developers x $2 dollar hookers = $10 dollars

Seeing as $10 is the min. for VIP access, I see quite the coincidence. It is my strong belief that one or all the devs have contracted various STDs from the continued support of MQ2 in $10 dollar donations.

This is just a theory, albeit a very good theory about the A**holes at MQ2.

You know those assholes at MQ2 are just that, but man they are quite responsive to those that donate $10 dollars. I did the math and it makes perfect sense of why they are, the way they are.

5 Developers x $2 dollar hookers = $10 dollars

Seeing as $10 is the min. for VIP access, I see quite the coincidence. It is my strong belief that one or all the devs have contracted various STDs from the continued support of MQ2 in $10 dollar donations.

This is just a theory, albeit a very good theory about the A**holes at MQ2.

Lmao :D

Thanking those that inspired me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back