• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions (1 Viewer)

LorDeth

<<NO GIF ATTACHED>>
RedCents
1,538¢
Test server updating tonight... couple interesting update points.. merc AAxp increase amongst other stuff

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...3-05-2019-patch-notes-and-discussions.255356/

INI:
March 05, 2019

*** Highlights ***

- Added tabs to chat windows. See the UI section for more details.

*** Items ***

- Corrected a grammar mistake in the spell description of Drogan Goblin Familiar.
- The evolving Efreeti Boots and White Satin Gloves will now accept Hero's Forge ornaments in their evolved state.
- Look to the Marketplace this month for the Gnomish Heritage Crate. Each crate contains a random item. Trade these Gnomish Heritage items to your friends or collect them all yourself!
- Corrected the cast proc on Bloodstaff to the higher damage Sympathetic Blaze of Fire VI. Corrected both the proc and cast proc on Deep Cavern's Shard to the lesser Spike of Corruption VIII
- As a temporary solution until the core issues with real estate items can be solved we've implemented the following functionality for real estate anchors:
- - Activating a Primary Anchor Transport Device or Secondary Anchor Transport Device without possessing the corresponding Anchor item will now give you a replacement Anchor.
- - Druids and wizards whose Guild Hall Anchor has gone missing will be granted will be granted a replacement when logging in.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Secret Dawn Mace Muhbis will now return Trillion Cut Elder Mist Diamond and Oval Cut Elder Mist Diamond on failure.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Celestial Fists (Monk Epic) - The spawn in Karnor's Castle that has a chance to be a drolvarg pawbuster no longer shares an encounter with a drolvarg warlord. The remaining spawns in the room have a slightly higher chance of being a drolvarg warlord.
- Prince Ralaifin Mission: A_giant_lapillus_lava_spiderling no longer summons.
- Lost but Not Forgotten - Added an out of character message when speaking to Dismas Kaneriti that indicates that Lost but Not Forgotten is a two group mission.
- Death, Death, Death - This event will be available for 4 weeks a year now, up from 2.
- Unfettered Emerald Excellence - Removed particle effects from Unbearable Heat and Magnificent Presence.
- Fight Fire - Fixed an issue that would cause it to not give the Leading a Charmed Life achievement. Note that you must have the targets charmed for at least a few seconds or they do not count for the achievement.

*** Spells ***

- Changed Whispering Midnight Casting Fire, Whispering Midnight Casting Magic, Blazing Euphoria Casting Fire, and Blazing Euphoria Casting Magic to only work with spells that do damage.
- Corrected the spell description for Hand of Holy Wrath VI.
- Corrected a rounding error that caused critical spells to deal 1 less point of damage/healing than intended.
- Percentage heal spells now display their name in healing messages.

*** AA ***

- Improved the rate that mercenary alternate advancement experience is gained.
- - The mercenary AA experience granted by completing Clayton Teek's daily bonus tasks has been extended to cover levels 106-110.

*** NPCs ***

*** Mercenaries ***

*** Collections ***

*** Progression Servers ***

- Phinigel: Updated the expansion unlock dates for The Broken Mirror and on to reflect the normal extra time in TDS for a level increase expansion.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The water in Trials of Smoke is now stocked with Primordial Lion Fish
- Made some improvements to dynamic zones to mitigate the issue that periodically prevents them from functioning on the Test server.
- Added the following new emotes: /airlute, /facepalm, /faint, /fight, /fistbump, /freakout, /growl, /maybe, /no, /pie, /pizza, /rps, /ttth, and /yes.
- Fixed a bug when looting items in a raid that would display the number of items remaining on the body rather than the number of items looted.
- Fixed an issue where the event calendar would report that events end 59 minutes later than their actual end time.
- Corrected an issue where melee attacks against slain targets would sometimes report as misses.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where DoT damage on players would display the victim's name instead of the caster's name.
- Improved the layout of the Marketplace window.
- Direct damage spells caused by a twincast now have a flag at the end of the damage message instead of a separate twincast message. Twincasts of melee abilities are now indicated as twinstrikes.
- Added the option to blink the active chat window when you begin typing.
- Added tabs for chat. All existing chat windows will be put into new tabbed chat windows and will appear where they were placed before.
- - You can move tabs around in the existing windows, or send the tabs to other windows.
- - When using tell windows, by default all of the tells will go into a single tell window in separate tabs instead of opening a new window for each tell.

- Added -
EQUI_ChatContainerWindow.xml

- Changed -
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_ChatWindow.xml
EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

*** Previously Updated ***

- Trials of Smoke - Fixed an issue that prevented looting of the sigils in the Trial of the Speaker's Amphitheater.
- Spear of Fate - Corrected an issue where Ooglyn would sometimes fail to initiate the Test of Patience.

- The EverQuest Team

INI:
- Added tabs for chat. All existing chat windows will be put into new tabbed chat windows and will appear where they were placed before.
- - You can move tabs around in the existing windows, or send the tabs to other windows.
- - When using tell windows, by default all of the tells will go into a single tell window in separate tabs instead of opening a new window for each tell.

Holy crap, this is a big one, tabbed chat windows?! This can really help with tracking chat spam that is a big annoyance in EQ.

INI:

Holy crap, this is a big one, tabbed chat windows?! This can really help with tracking chat spam that is a big annoyance in EQ.

This is the biggest deal in EQ in a very long time

EverQuest beat Windows to tabs. That's just taking the piss.
unknown.png

Also, new minty fresh patcher bypass screen, no more TBS, rolling with the class OG Vie.
unknown.png

- Added the following new emotes: /airlute, /facepalm, /faint, /fight, /fistbump, /freakout, /growl, /maybe, /no, /pie, /pizza, /rps, /ttth, and /yes.

LOL, this is awesome~

LOL, this is awesome~

now if they add animations to each of those, that would totally rock.. I played Anarchy online, and I could dance like a white man on there

Airlute, fistbump, freakout, fight, faint all have animations.. Airlute plays the lute, fistbump actually "hits" the other person, Freakout is the falling animation, fight "hits" the person, and Faint actually makes the toon feign death and you have to /stand to move. i wonder if /faint will help others with pulling as it actually makes you go into a feign death position.

i wonder if /faint will help others with pulling as it actually makes you go into a feign death position.
If it works just like FD it's a big slap in the face to monks, SK's and Necros! It would be a game changer all around with its implications but I would imagine it would have a cast time....

If it works just like FD it's a big slap in the face to monks, SK's and Necros! It would be a game changer all around with its implications but I would imagine it would have a cast time....
i got curious and tried it, i guess all it does is just lays the toon down and doesnt lose aggro.

Is it just me, or when someone sends you a tell, the xxx "tells you", tells you part is chopped of in the chat now?

How do I get that back? It used to trigger my audio trigger, this really sucks.

Something to do with these new chat tabs is messing it up.

Patch - Test Update 03/05/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back