• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Test Update 03/03/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions (1 Viewer)

Monqui01

RedCents
235¢
Highlights ***

- TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled.
- Become the Overseer! Gain the loyalty of iconic Agents and protect Norrath from the ever-present ripples of Discord. Send your Agents on harrowing Overseer Quests, into moments spanning the entirety of Norrath's history, and restore balance where you can. Along the way you'll gain fabulous rewards and grow in power. You may even draw the attention of Norrath's most famous heroes, and perhaps a few particularly nefarious villains. Do you have what it takes to gain the allegiance of Norrath's elite?
- Access the Overseer interface via the [EQ Menu] >> [Quests] >> [Overseer] menu option, or by entering the command /overseer.
-- A mysterious presence if the Plane of Knowledge is interested in the currency gained through Overseer Quests.
-- Agents of Uncommon rarity or better can now be Retired via the Agents tab. Retired Agents are permanently removed from the Agents list but leave behind an Echo that can be used to grant a choice between Overseer Category XP or Agents of lower rarity.
-- Additional Agents can now be earned when an Overseer Quest finishes in Critical Success.
- All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.

*** Quests And Events ***

- All players who log in to EverQuest during our 21st Anniversary Celebration will receive a claimable Heroic Character! This character can only be redeemed once per account.
- New 21st anniversary quests are available! Speak with the Mechanical Fortune Teller in the Plane of Knowledge and she will guide you.
- New anniversary items are available at the Special Celebratory Goods merchants in the Plane of Knowledge! These new goodies can be purchased with Commemorative Coins.

*** Spells ***

- Beastlord - Corrected the name of Griklor's Feralgia.
- Enchanter - Fixed a bug preventing Omica's Animation from taunting.
- Magician - Fixed a bug preventing Riotous Servant, Remote Riotous Servant, Pyroxenite Bodyguard from taunting.
- Shadowknight - Fixed a bug preventing Minion of Drendar from taunting.
- Shaman - Fixed a bug preventing Grondo's Faithful from taunting.

*** AA ***

- Rogue - Adjusted all ranks of Etherium Strikes to remove stacking conflicts with the Blinding Speed line of disciplines.
- In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
- - - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities has been removed.
- - - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
- - - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting with Dragons of Norrath up through Veil of Alaris.

*** NPCs ***

- Sporali in Hills of Shade will no longer cast Chattering Bones XXII.
- Restless Ice Infection now has a longer duration.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented high damage 2-handed weapons from dealing their intended damage.
- The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to shroud while on a mount.
- Made the following changes to dynamic zone event replay timers:
- - - When zoning into a DZ you will now be given an event replay timer for each event that has been completed since the zone was launched.
- - - You will not be given replay timers for any event that was already completed when the zone was launched.
- - - If you already have an existing replay timer for an event completed since instance launch your timer will not be modified.
- - - You will receive a warning containing the list of replay timers you will incur upon zoning into the DZ when you are invited to join the DZ.
- - - You will not be able to loot items off of raid bosses or chests associated with the completion of an event if your replay timer was not received from this instance of the DZ.
- Improved how the guild message of the day is stored.
- Improved how fellowship member names are stored.

*** UI ***

- Rewards that have a stackable item as one of the reward choices will see a number indicating how many of that item you will receive if the amount is greater than 1.

- Changed -
EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

They will be standard 85’ers. As I understand it from a recent comment from Ngreth- it’s possible in the future they may possibly raise them to lvl 100....but it’s not a priority thing and nowhere even close to having been worked on.

I wonder what those DZ changes mean ... besides the fact that it’s no longer possible to do a mission on one toon and loot stuff from the chest on another that has a previous lockout ...

I wonder what those DZ changes mean ... besides the fact that it’s no longer possible to do a mission on one toon and loot stuff from the chest on another that has a previous lockout ...
sounds like wow style where you can go back in and do the event, but you just can't gain loot from it

Sounds more like they are trying to prevent people from adding others with chest lockout and then they can loot. (raids)

The veteran changes is a surprise they are basically cutting their xp pot sales as lessons is available to all. But then account only has to be 1 year old for you to get it anyway so probably not such a big cut in sales.

Last edited:
All vets:

I feel not on this, only because I think peeps that have been playing since 99 should have something for that...
I was gonna get mad over this, and then I was like, you know what? The more that play, the more likely this game will continue to succeed. (And all my alt accounts will benefit!)

Not sure how it goes from "TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled." to everyone getting Vet rewards? Did I miss something? They could be trying to fix the issue where the reuser timers go active but were not used.

That is how I interpret it!
time to log in all those accounts again that i made when they were hitting the p7s1 desaster :)

Not sure how it goes from "TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled." to everyone getting Vet rewards? Did I miss something? They could be trying to fix the issue where the reuser timers go active but were not used.
you most likely missed this little gem:

- In celebration of EverQuest's 21st anniversary we have made Veteran Reward abilities available to all players!
- - - The restrictions that limited the number of characters that can activate these abilities has been removed.
- - - The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.
- - - On progression servers, these abilities will continue to unlock starting with Dragons of Norrath up through Veil of Alaris.

also this might make quite some folks super happy after they took away that option (via ticket or /guidehelp) around the time when the ragefire server started:
- The surname command now allows the use of a second capital letter and a single accent character.

Last edited:

read further down in the AA section - as part of 21st anni they are giving vet rewards to all accounts.

I wonder what is behind all this.
Enabling VetAA for everybody. Adding the surname option.

Rarely do they do anything without having something else in mind :)
I dunno, I'm optimistic about the darkpaw thing - I think we *might* actually see some QoL stuff come through

I dunno, I'm optimistic about the darkpaw thing - I think we *might* actually see some QoL stuff come through
which in itself wouldn't be a bad thing.
Wonder about the outcry on the forums about VetAA once they notice. I am biased - yes. But then ... who cares. It isn't that they added any new vetAA for years so ...

which in itself wouldn't be a bad thing.
Wonder about the outcry on the forums about VetAA once they notice. I am biased - yes. But then ... who cares. It isn't that they added any new vetAA for years so ...

lol if we noticed, bet your ass all the hardcores on the eq forums noticed. I haven’t seen any concerns raised ... probably not a big deal to most.

I dunno, my account from 1999 never had any vet stuff as it went through who knows how many incarnations of SOE (and I guess I wasn't subbed...) so...

Happy to get the VetAA. Plus, folks on the EQ forums will always need something to be ragey about. They just need to sit back, have some chamomile tea, and understand the games here to have fun, not have the biggest e-peen.

So wait, an account created 1 day ago, an account created 1 year ago, and an account created 20 years ago will all have access to ALL of the vet AA's?

It's a bit unclear to me exactly what the patch notes meant.

It LOOKS like what I described is true, but that seems way too nice for DPG.

It LOOKS like what I described is true, but that seems way too nice for DPG.
at least that is what I get from:
The requirement that your account must be active for 1 to 15+ years has been removed.

but I see you get why I am sceptic about that change ;-) If too good things happen there usually is something "not so cool" about to happen - at least when "you are in our (their) world now" ;)

And every account that logs in during anniversary gets a free heroic char. So I can create 6 new accounts tomorrow, and in a couple weeks they will all have a free heroic char and full vet rewards! Still WTB Summoned Parcel merchant vet AA.

There's a limit on the number of account you can create a day. So if your plan is to create accounts and get a free heroic you're going to want to start early.

Addditionally, you'll need to ensure you log all the accounts you make into the game in order to gain access to the free heroic as I read it.

Everyone's on the bandwagon for the heroic toons and vet AAs. But how about that 2h damage note in misc.

- Corrected an issue that prevented high damage 2-handed weapons from dealing their intended damage.

So...it's possible zerkers can do moar dps?! But also, it doesn't say their "intended damage" was higher than they were doing.....so this could go either way honestly.

So...it's possible zerkers can do moar dps?! But also, it doesn't say their "intended damage" was higher than they were doing.....so this could go either way honestly.
Also, what do they consider "high damage"? Could that be referring to specifically the Knight only 2 handers? Or any 2H over a certain damage stat? Once again, vaguely worded patch notes that says so much and so little at the same time.

Zerkers were still under it, there was only 1 knight 2hd weapon that hit the limit. (dev not in the bug thread). Cap is being lifted

It looks like the fix will make it into the patch, but since it is a code change I'm not the final word on this.

Last edited:
As far as the Vet AA, it seems like they are giving some sort of incentive for boxers that have lost their old accounts , or no longer can remember or have access to the old email and quit because the AGE / VET rewards are no longer an option ?

I think they could give the standard VET rewards out to all, but maybe add a really great 15+ year one for everyone that has old accounts.

Just noticed that you can't put the tradeable cards in a parcel and get them back after doing a /testcopy. I was able to do this a day or two before the patch.
:(

News - Test Update 03/03/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back