• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - TEST Server Raid Testing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
99¢
Oh boy, spent the last 2 months getting a major crew together (54 F2P toon) on Test to try MQ and my skills at Raiding. Now that I have my MT to 120 max NoS AA and the other 53 guys to 115 (Blood-Soaked equiped) with max CoV AA I have to figure out how to load them all up at once across the 4-5 computers I have and still communicate with them all and try to run the ToV Raids. Any suggstions for PC, EQ, or other optimizations for performance would be excellent. I currently have stick figures turned on, all spell effects off/ultra low, and all the distance filters set as low as I can visibly manage.

Toon loadout below:

BER x 4 | BRD x 7 | BST x 3 | RNG x 2 | ROG x 4
CLR x 5 | DRU x 2 | SHM x 6
ENC x 4 | MAG x 5 | NEC x 4
PAL x 2 | SHD x 2 | WAR x 4

1.There is no FTP on test - its all GOLD. So get them the best equipment you can.

2. Start with the easy stuff. Easiest raid for greatest gear is Zlandicar. (Assist and BURN - No Macros/Events)

3. Try older raids. Just to get used to Moving and killing and everyone assisting.

4. There are a few items you will probably want to get on all your toons. BIFOLD FOCUS, Shield of Immaculate Light, Venenium, Rapier for your Bards, Res Stick on your Priest class.

5. Epics for Clerics, SK At a minimum

6. Learn to move to raid without running 54 toons thru Guild Lobby/POK (Dont draw attention to yourself.)

7. Im assuming you have a guild hall? if not get one. and an entire neighborhood of your own.

Check out my signature.

Welcome to EQ Fun

I have to figure out how to load them all up at once across the 4-5 computers I have

What I did when I ran a raid team is I had a .bat file that ran on my main then called other .bat file over mapped drives. I ran the command,

INI:
eqgame.exe patchme /login:profilename_server:toonname

So just change the "profilename" to the folder group in your autologin what ever that name is your raid toons are under. "server" would be test if that's where you are (or any server shortname), then "toonname" is your character name. put in a line for each toon and a pause helps space them out a bit.

Not sure if this works any longer but if you are using ISBoxer, check out this thread

i run mine on one computer so cant speak to the networking issues, but on top of what @Szazor was mentioning i want to re-iterate the idea of not drawing attn to yourself. test is a a very small server, and although a large portion of the server does box ... it only takes one Karen to ruin a rep on the server or worse. using a druid or wiz for teleport to guild hall anchors is a must and try not to run around in more than one group at a time in open world.

Guild Hall Anchors keeps you out of the guild lobby for the most part, Also the fellowship a small group to your destination, campfire, then port 12 over, then drop a flag to bring the rest

I'm just curious, I run a raid this size on eqemu, how do you organize your crew? like what are your default group setups?
Making the raid setup is the fun part...especially the planning part.

Make 2 tank groups.....
and make some caster groups
and some melee groups

Never going to be perfect.....though with persona's it might change a lot.

My primary raid group probably should only have one wizard - but hey i love wizards. 9 rog 7 zerker = massive dps.
My second raid group is just kicking ass with 18 mages. its unbelievable.

I'm sure a raid group with 20 necro's would be complete badass too - so u see it doesn't really matter.

my tank grp is usually war war sk pal clr clr but with Xtarget healing it probably doesnt need to be this way.

my tank grp is usually war war sk pal clr clr but with Xtarget healing it probably doesnt need to be this way.
I went with two identical tank groups of: WAR WAR PAL CLR MNK BRD (with lots of clerics elsewhere).

I constructed this way for several reasons:
1. With these two groups I can run a "Defensive" (or Final Stand or whatever) rotation where the WARx4 can rotate defensive to keep it up all of the time. I haven't actually implemented the Lua to perform the rotation, but I've done this with a 6 SK 1.5 epic rotation successfully, so I'm not worried about it working well. The only concern is that the timing to switch aggro is pretty tight with 4 WAR. 5 would be more comfortable, but I didn't want to get too out of hand with groups (heh).
2. CLR, MNK, PAL in the group for their auras.
3. BRD because of all sorts of reasons.

Discussion - TEST Server Raid Testing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back