• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - /test copy and moving to test server (1 Viewer)

avanter

RedCents
436¢
Hi everyone, I am strongly considering the test server and I am looking for any advice or things I don't want to miss. I just log in a toon, /testcopy and everything is copied over? Do I have to take my house contents?

Any friendly guilds on test?

I swore I would never play on Test. Then I tried it. Never going back to Live. The Gold Status, the relatively quiet setting, the ability to copy stuff over and over (unlimited supplies) make it really nice. Not to mention the extremely friendly people in chat. Not nearly as toxic or stupid as most live servers.

Your house contents are packed up in a crate, if you purchase another house and unpack the crate, everything is put in its proper place. Don't unpack till you have your plot/house set up. Then again, if you mess up, you just log on Live and /testcopy again and do it over.

Last edited:
Welcome to test! If you have any chars at level 60 and want to do some velious/luclin stuff a couple of us have been doing some "progression" style play. Mostly just going after raid achievements, but it's been fun to do a couple epic 1.0s as well. Message me on discord afkgamer#0162 if you're interested to join us sometime. Got a couple people in guild, but we're pretty spread across timezones so mostly just kill stuff together when we can.

While I love having new players on test, I am worried that too much attention will cause DPG to crack down harder on the benefits they let us have. Year after year it seems they take away more and more of the benefits we get as testers. While being on test is nice, it's also a privilege. I urge any people who move to test to actually do the job we are here for and put in bug reports often and give them more reason for DPG to maintain the status quo. Another way to help is to make posts on the forums when new bugs are found under the test patch note discussions. Clear and concise steps for reproducible bugs are ideal.

While I love having new players on test, I am worried that too much attention will cause DPG to crack down harder on the benefits they let us have. Year after year it seems they take away more and more of the benefits we get as testers. While being on test is nice, it's also a privilege. I urge any people who move to test to actually do the job we are here for and put in bug reports often and give them more reason for DPG to maintain the status quo.
Speaking of benefits, did you notice that test is now only back to 2 expansions behind, vice 3?

housing doesnt copy, you have to pack your stuff up and manually move it. then you have to hope other people arent using housing system to dupe items and causing housing rollbacks that lose your trophies, yay testcopy!

Welcome to Test! I def enjoy test server and people are pretty friendly there. Not a huge amount of people populate it compared to live but def enough to have 2 that do raids and a lot of people have fun. I do a few tests things myself on there and it is helpful that people play old content and can still help report issues and bugs.

housing doesnt copy, you have to pack your stuff up and manually move it. then you have to hope other people arent using housing system to dupe items and causing housing rollbacks that lose your trophies, yay testcopy!
Necrotizing thread cause I can't find the answer:
So, is duping to test frowned upon? What about claimed tradeables from FFexpacs? I mean, if they still req you to buy an expac I assume you can't test copy a tradeable expac ticket or heroic multiple times by handing them to alts, right? I'd also assume that an expansion ticket activated on test is accountwide, so if you CAN dupe such things, how do they control that, or don't they?

Id think you could get free expacs for all if you could dupe such things without penalty, I just can't find any info about it one way or the other. And what duping is okay vs not okay if not? I know ppl dupe chase items and plat all the time, but idk about /claims that are tradeable etc.

Not even sure why I'm asking since my housing situation and friends make switching unappetising lol

Question - /test copy and moving to test server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back