• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - /test copy and moving to test server (1 Viewer)

avanter

RedCents
336¢
Hi everyone, I am strongly considering the test server and I am looking for any advice or things I don't want to miss. I just log in a toon, /testcopy and everything is copied over? Do I have to take my house contents?

Any friendly guilds on test?

RedCents
825¢
I swore I would never play on Test. Then I tried it. Never going back to Live. The Gold Status, the relatively quiet setting, the ability to copy stuff over and over (unlimited supplies) make it really nice. Not to mention the extremely friendly people in chat. Not nearly as toxic or stupid as most live servers.

Your house contents are packed up in a crate, if you purchase another house and unpack the crate, everything is put in its proper place. Don't unpack till you have your plot/house set up. Then again, if you mess up, you just log on Live and /testcopy again and do it over.

Last edited:
RedCents
2,155¢
Welcome to test! If you have any chars at level 60 and want to do some velious/luclin stuff a couple of us have been doing some "progression" style play. Mostly just going after raid achievements, but it's been fun to do a couple epic 1.0s as well. Message me on discord afkgamer#0162 if you're interested to join us sometime. Got a couple people in guild, but we're pretty spread across timezones so mostly just kill stuff together when we can.

RedCents
423¢
While I love having new players on test, I am worried that too much attention will cause DPG to crack down harder on the benefits they let us have. Year after year it seems they take away more and more of the benefits we get as testers. While being on test is nice, it's also a privilege. I urge any people who move to test to actually do the job we are here for and put in bug reports often and give them more reason for DPG to maintain the status quo. Another way to help is to make posts on the forums when new bugs are found under the test patch note discussions. Clear and concise steps for reproducible bugs are ideal.

RedCents
825¢
While I love having new players on test, I am worried that too much attention will cause DPG to crack down harder on the benefits they let us have. Year after year it seems they take away more and more of the benefits we get as testers. While being on test is nice, it's also a privilege. I urge any people who move to test to actually do the job we are here for and put in bug reports often and give them more reason for DPG to maintain the status quo.
Speaking of benefits, did you notice that test is now only back to 2 expansions behind, vice 3?

RedCents
974¢
housing doesnt copy, you have to pack your stuff up and manually move it. then you have to hope other people arent using housing system to dupe items and causing housing rollbacks that lose your trophies, yay testcopy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)