• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Tell Windows wont pop up (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,526¢
I cant get my tells to go to their own window on my warrior. I have reset my UI, my send tells to tell window option is on, I have reset my UI a couple times.

1651290501183.png

log out of eq. delete your default ui folder, rename your eqclient.ini file to eqclient.old. Launch EQ from launchpad, let it reinstall files. See if you have same issue.

I remember that you could break tells when too many tell-windows were opened at the same time.
This usually comes down to entries in the UI_charname_servername.ini file.

Either rename/delete the file for the character in question or try to fix it:
- open the file in Notepad++ (for example)
- collapse all (alt+0)
- Select all [Chat x] blocks and delete at least some of them (usually you know how many chatwindows you have on your interface - so I think everything beyond [Chat 20] can be deleted - but you know best)

log out of eq. delete your default ui folder, rename your eqclient.ini file to eqclient.old. Launch EQ from launchpad, let it reinstall files. See if you have same issue.
I loaded a different warrior layout I had and it went back to normal. I saved the file on the side so i will look into it at some other time to see if I can sort it out.

Problem - Tell Windows wont pop up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back