• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - TBL Fight Fire mission (1 Viewer)

RedCents
83¢
Is there any real secret to stopping the last 4 mobs from going untargetable every few seconds? Seems whether I choose to kill the lieutenants first or the armors first doesn't matter.

It's an annoying mission only because this portion takes as long as the rest of the mission combined, and this mechanic is more of a hassle than a mechanic when you can drop the mobs quick enough that you only have 2 seconds of engagement before they go into another 10 second "stun" phase.

When one goes into lock-down mode, start killing the next mob. When that one goes into lock-down mode, go to the next one, etc, etc. You end up tanking up to all four at once, although once they're being damaged you usually only have 2 up and hitting you at once.

What specific problem are you trying to solve? I would manually add one of them to target and just keep pounding it down. While this is going on you can punt/mezz/kite the other 3.

If you’re having trouble getting them locked down.. it’s nice if you have a char who has a solid mitigation ability (like tanks/monks etc) so you can soften them with malo/Tash, then punt/mezz them or whatever. I remember having some problems with resist checks.

Last edited:
uh... my assumption that all four were locked down when one was stunned.... not gonna lie

nope, they lock down individually as you’re beating on them. I think its at certain hp intervals, but not sure. I believe most people focus on 1 at a time, as it’s the easiest (albeit time consuming) method.

I used to do the one-at-a-time method, but as others have said, it takes forever. So, I started to just wail on whatever mob was active and able to be damaged. It was slightly more difficult to tank, but that's why I bring a cleric along to these things.

The inactivity/activity portion of the fight can be used to set up your achievements. If you kill the Jann and leave the armor up you will get the inhabited achievement. If you kill the armor and leave the Jann up you will get the uninhabited achievement. Save one of your discs, on tank, for this fight. The four bosses have relatively low hit points and don’t hit very hard. Though I admit that is subjective to the armor of your tank is wearing. Create an assist me button /bcg //assist(you name here) and as soon as they become active start attacking the correct one do you want for the achievement and hit the assist button.

Strategy - TBL Fight Fire mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back