• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Tank (SK) hDex Limit (1 Viewer)

RedCents
981¢
For a tank, in this case a SK (my shiny new beast from RG!) is there any hDex number where when you hit it you should focus on another heroic? I am sitting at almost 3500 hDex now...should the focus move to something else or keep loading up on hDex? For reference, in a group setting he is sitting right around 740k hps and 13,000 ac.

It's also worth noting that Hdex increases melee crit chance as well. If you're not critting 100% of the time with melee (something I think warriors and zerkers can cap out on right now), adding more HDex is still good. Gives more melee dps, and more melee dps is more leach healing.

Dumb side question, when looking at raid loot.com should tanks use the 1 hdex =4ac =40hp filter or just straight hdex? Having a hard time deciding on which augs for my warrior.
Im no warrior expert. But I follow a simple rule for all my toons. If I want hstam and aug1 has +28 hstam and aug2 has +29 im taking the 29 first. Ive never really understood that filter in raidloot. But I would just use the straight heroic filter for the stat you want

For SK, Pal, rog, mnk, bst, rng, brd, the answer is more hdex always at this point.

For Ber 2550

War with shm buffs 2600-2700 range w/ Ber, 3000 w/o ber

The primary reason for this is beyond Mod2s. Dex increases crit chance, more crits, more dps.

Dumb side question, when looking at raid loot.com should tanks use the 1 hdex =4ac =40hp filter or just straight hdex? Having a hard time deciding on which augs for my warrior.
I always just upgrade to whatever augs are from the newest expansion. I think it's entirely a waste of effort to try to compare augs across expansions and try to decide if a few points of dex/sta/agi is better/worse than more AC or more HP. The game is not that granular that it would make any functional difference in your play anyways. IMO, the only bad decision is using augs from 3 or 4 expansions ago when you can get new augs from the current expansion. Whenever I get a new aug, I drop whatever is the oldest aug that I'm still using.

For a tank, in this case a SK (my shiny new beast from RG!) is there any hDex number where when you hit it you should focus on another heroic? I am sitting at almost 3500 hDex now...should the focus move to something else or keep loading up on hDex? For reference, in a group setting he is sitting right around 740k hps and 13,000 ac.
Man... how do you get that much hDex.... Just checked mine and i'm sitting at 2574. Now I dont have artisan prize on my war nor do I have all of my heroic AAs (the ones you get from each expansion mission). But another 1000+ hdex is tough to accomplish. I'm almost fully ToL raid gear too.

Are these green numbers, or front page numbers?

however, RZ ear, AP, completing all raid achv in ToL/NoS, BiS type 5's, HA's... full equipped raid peoples aim for 3800? hdex (not on zerkers, they run 100% crit at like 3100)

Are these green numbers, or front page numbers?

however, RZ ear, AP, completing all raid achv in ToL/NoS, BiS type 5's, HA's... full equipped raid peoples aim for 3800? hdex (not on zerkers, they run 100% crit at like 3100)
Nice ok, that makes more sense.

Quick question regarding a warrior. I usually try to throw in some high hSta augs (ore ones) too. Should I really be filling every slot with hDex (mostly mission currency hDex augs plus the dropped ones)? Are just a few hSta augs (even though BiS) not worth it?

On my pally, with Trophies active I get just over 4k Hdex and raid buffed I'm sitting at just shy of 800k HP and around 13k AC. If you take the time to do all of the collections from CoTF - NoS you end up with 8 trophy slots which can give you another 400 or so to all Heroic stats.

SKs can go any type 5 and be very successful. I have ran with full AGI, full DEX and full STA. If you tanking pick one you will live. If you not tanking go DEX and you will do a little better DPS. 4k heroic isn't tough to get especially when you get the Raid Vanquisher reward from NOS and TOL and trophies running. Unbuffed 590k HP and 17800AC. Buffed is 950k HP with trophies and banner stuff and if Glyphed its over 1milHP.

Hi, I take it your SK is fully decked out with Spectral gear to have that high of AC?

I just told someone to check with you for realistic max SK AC and other numbers. Those are insane bro.

There is cap has such, just diminishing returns on over 4k. Your mod2s for associated hstat will be at the max, but you will still get crit chance etc for stacking hdex for example.

When people refer to 4000 hDEX, which numbers in the stat window are they referring to, the + stats in gold? 4k seems really high to me, but then, im still pretty slacking for my SK even with a bunch of seaglass curio type 5s. Not the greatest but 4k and above seems hard to get. Of course im missing decent type 7s and raid gear over 115 so thats probably the biggest difference for me. I think im sitting at like 1700ish

Here's my Pal stat page snip with self buffs, Tribute and Trophies on, and 2her on. He's in a combination of ToL and NoS raid gear, so he's not fully NoS raid geared. I'd say about half and half at this point because I'm a very casual raider.

Stat Snip.png

All these SK’s rocking 11k + ac must find this EQ a cake walk. I only just say scrape 10k with shield on (which I never use) and still have no trouble with it.
Back in the day I used a shield a bunch, but since ive started fresh on FV, ive not done it at all. Current equipment to me seems to push everybody towards 2h even casters. There just isn't a large stat difference from what ive seen at least up to 115 non-raid gear.

Question - Tank (SK) hDex Limit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back