• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Tank Questions / Disciplines / AA Help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Hello again, more questions for the knowledgeable :)

I asked one of the questions once before, but never got a response to it, so hopefully somebody can shed some light here. =]

1] When my group is leveling up in chapterhouse, I tend to put my merc on tank mode and my ranger on puller mode, so he goes out there pulls and returns to camp. He occasionally dies out there, and sometimes it's as simple (and dies close enough to the group) for the group to target his corpse, and type /corpse in order to activate the cleric and restart the exping without player intervention, is there anyway to do this ? I always have to get involved to fix it everytime he dies.

2] If my puller dies, and I'm not in a fight - can I dictate that one of my group members cast "Group Perfect Invis" or "Group Perfect Invis VS Undead" (Depending on which map you're in, you'd need one or the other - so it would be nice If I can indicate which to use based on where I'm hunting) so this keeps the group safely out of combat until I'm able to do something?

2a] If This is a possibility, especially with the help of MQ2Navigation, or even without, is it possible for a designated group member to run towards his corpse, and /corpse him back to the group, in order to activate resurrection? From the very successful pulling kissassist does, I don't see why this would be a difficult thing for it to do - it knows where the corpse is, it knows how to get there since it ran the puller there, and with invis he won't even get agro'd, so if question#2 (invis) goes in effect, and he starts the corpse retrieval process, runs it back to the group, it would automatically res, accept res, start rebuffs, and start pulling, this would completely remove any player intervention needed on my part 95% of the time. Right now in difficult zones (like chapterhouse) its impossible for me to leave them without constant attention (and in most cases, a retrieval of corpse every 30 mins or so, unless im lucky) This possible?

3) Disciplines; Example: Ranger Discipline - "TrueShot" this doubles the likiehood of crits with bow, and raises damage as well, is there anyway for the character to activate trueshot right before it starts using "autofire" (archery, basically)

4] Discipline "Weapon Shield" which bascally renders the Ranger completely invincible to all melee attacks, is there a way to set it so if my ranger gets to 15% health or lower, it automatically enables Weapon Shield, giving the 24 second melee invulnerability a chance to allow the healer to bring him up to health before he dies? This would prohibit deaths a lot, but I don't know how to use this, its not technically a buff, it's not really a heal, it's a self defensive skill that should only be activated based on his health percent

5] Warders Wrath (Ranger Discipline) Increases all crits by 100% for a set amount of time; this would help all Melee skills, how would you use this? If I set it to buffs, it uses it when its out of combat, and wastes it..

Thanks in advance for your time and attention to my questions, I truly appreciate it.
If I can be of any help, let me know.
Thanks

Wow ok. If this relates to Kiss.

1. under heals there is a rez option for clerics. Cleric will /corpse if the corpse is within 100 of them and rez.
AutoRezOn=1
AutoRezWith=Blessing of Resurrection

On your ranger under general RezAcceptOn=1

2. No. an interesting idea though I might add an Idle tag like if no mobs for 5 min cast whatever. Buffs1=Group invis|Idle|5 or something. Would be later this spring

2a. KISS=Keep it simple stupid. Nothing simple about that. Kiss actually has no clue who the puller is only the MA. most people don't use mq2nav.

3. DPS1=Trueshot|97|Me and see #5

4. Not while pulling. Find mob, Tag mob, Get back to camp. you might want to figure out why are dying so much. do you have any defensive/HP AAs might be time for a gear upgrade. Maybe pull with your highest level snare so the mob can never catch you or pull with your farthest range no/low damage spell.

5. Please read the instructions Attack buffs http://www.redguides.com/community/...sAssist-7-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info#abuf

your problem in CH is its a maze and kiss wants to pull the closest mob.
some times the closest mob is the one behind the wall behind you.. not the one in the same room as you.
so your ranger will run off and pull the one behind the wall get agro from a mob on the way and then run back to camp,
but the is a delay on the him getting hit and running back to camp.
i use my enc to pull so he has like 200K of runes to burn before getting to camp.

my advise change zone. or try one of the big rooms in the basment

Question - Tank Questions / Disciplines / AA Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back