• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

system crash (1 Viewer)

rodmapstone

RedCents
Since the last patch i haven't been able to run wineq2.0 and mq2 for more than about 5mins before crashing to desktop.

is anyone else experiencing this too?

i'm only using the precompiled .zip files - in this case v9.3

if i load mq2 first then i get an eq.exe error message and have to close down; if i load mq2 second i get a warning message saying that it's not compatible with eqplaynice - which incidentally i have switched off.

i have tried loading mq2 at the character select screen and once in game but it still crashes.

i have even tried loading eq via normal windowed mode before and after loading mq2 but no luck.

any advice or direction would be welcomed.

:o)

I am currently using WinEQ2 but not MQ2 (I simply do not trust anything right now until I start seeing posts about complete compiles that are working 100%). I have been up all night with no problems running just WinEQ2.

Raided with six accounts up last night, no issues. Sounds like you need to check you plugin list and remove then add to find which one causeing the issue.

Here is mine:
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2map=mq2map
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2melee=mq2melee
mq2debuffs=mq2debuffs
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2twist=mq2twist

<<which incidentally i have switched off.>>

Are you sure you have EQPlaynice off, also are you using the subscribers version of WinEQ 2.0? It sounds like you need an update, not sure how often Lax updates the non-subscriber version, so if your not a subscriber, pay the dude the 30 bucks and download the subscriber version, he very good about updates for it, usually good to go before MQ on patch days.

Anthrax

Last edited:
system crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back