• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Guide - Synergy (1 Viewer)

ludwigd

RedCents
530¢
Hello,

I don't know if it will be usefull to anyone, but i wanted a clear view about all the synergy i heard of.
So here is a little chart of them and what they do. And to who it is usefull ( to me ).

Please tell me where i am wrong :)

synergy1.pngsynergy2.png

people have their ideal grp suggestions
tank (pick your poison)
healer (i alternate shm w cleric)
bard (i prefer to always have one)
bst (i like the adps as well as personal dps)
(2) dps slots

knowing that does having a balance of DIFFERENT synergies play a factor in bottom line dps
or do most people say F it 2 zerks and done

Far to many people never understand how this effects box teams. Partly because of the 1500 + AA these now require to be used with current content.

But this is a great graph that should be listed / stickied into advanced boxing tips.

Apologize if this is a dumb question but wouldn't the hybrids like Rangers and Beasts as an example get the caster benefits too for their DD spells etc? Trying to wrap my head around reading the chart.

Apologize if this is a dumb question but wouldn't the hybrids like Rangers and Beasts as an example get the caster benefits too for their DD spells etc? Trying to wrap my head around reading the chart.

The OP did say the chart was his view of abilities that were useful to classes, for him.
Looks like it was largely grouped together by type (Melee / Caster / Healer / Tank), with hybrids being melee.
Still a good chart. Also, it makes people think about the different interactions which helps everyone learn about them.

Not a dumb question.

When this was first posted I remember having the same thoughts. I run a ranger almost 100% of the time and he gets benefits from both melee and caster synergies.

The OP did say the chart was his view of abilities that were useful to classes, for him.
Looks like it was largely grouped together by type (Melee / Caster / Healer / Tank), with hybrids being melee.
Still a good chart. Also, it makes people think about the different interactions which helps everyone learn about them.
I agree on the value of the chart and I appreciate the effort that went into it and that the poster shared it! I was just asking for my own knowledge rather than assume. I appreciate the responses and again thanks for sharing your chart.

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but I'm currently running a necro, shaman, mage, enc, healer merc, and druid (85-88) with alt tabbing (and it's hell). I wasn't sleeping last night and was reading up on almars guide about boxing and it sounded very interesting. It sounds like I should have the trinity of tank/healer/cc though. I have a few questions.... Is anyone effectively running a group without a tank (using merc or pet as MT)? I did box a warrior and cleric in the past long ago, so I started growing up a troll warrior and dwarf cleric. I also have a wiz, ranger, bard, bst (60-74). I basically grew up any class I thought I'd be interested in playing and I'm at the deciding point. I really enjoy necro, and would like him to be my "main". What would you guys suggest that I run with him from those I listed or ones I haven't yet. I'm currently on break from college and planning to get the warrior and cleric in range of the others before I go back. My necro is 21 years old in game, and on a silver (currently paid) account and before that guide I planned to make my shaman and mage paid too for the J5 merc (nec/shm/mage/merc/merc/merc) since running accounts alt-tab is killing me. Thanks in advnace!

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but I'm currently running a necro, shaman, mage, enc, healer merc, and druid (85-88) with alt tabbing (and it's hell). I wasn't sleeping last night and was reading up on almars guide about boxing and it sounded very interesting. It sounds like I should have the trinity of tank/healer/cc though. I have a few questions.... Is anyone effectively running a group without a tank (using merc or pet as MT)? I did box a warrior and cleric in the past long ago, so I started growing up a troll warrior and dwarf cleric. I also have a wiz, ranger, bard, bst (60-74). I basically grew up any class I thought I'd be interested in playing and I'm at the deciding point. I really enjoy necro, and would like him to be my "main". What would you guys suggest that I run with him from those I listed or ones I haven't yet. I'm currently on break from college and planning to get the warrior and cleric in range of the others before I go back. My necro is 21 years old in game, and on a silver (currently paid) account and before that guide I planned to make my shaman and mage paid too for the J5 merc (nec/shm/mage/merc/merc/merc) since running accounts alt-tab is killing me. Thanks in advnace!
definitely off topic from the OP :(

however - pet tanks are viable depending on your goals - doing missions and all progression content becomes much more challenging with a pet vs a real deal tank

hmm, why no shaman for melee? They add procs to melee swings (and add crit melee chance)

also, I think druid increases fire DD damage

hmm, why no shaman for melee? They add procs to melee swings (and add crit melee chance)

the OP is talking about the Synergy focus abilities from the focus AA Tab

I didn't think shaman would be able to main tank. I know the slow helps a lot, but would they do better than a pet tanking especially if it was a mage tank pet?

The most experience I have is with necro. I did do a lot of boxing while overseas with a war/cleric. I always end up rolling a ranger and twink him out. I'm just trying figure out a fun group that revolves around the necro (or at least he can be part of) that doesn't feel like a full-time job while remaining fun.

I didn't think shaman would be able to main tank. I know the slow helps a lot, but would they do better than a pet tanking especially if it was a mage tank pet?
maybe I'm confused by the point of this chart -- shaman has synergy with melee characters because they have specific spells and abilities that target melee and are unique to shaman (two group-wide spells that add very good melee procs, epic that gives 65% extra melee crit rate to the group)

maybe I'm confused by the point of this chart -- shaman has synergy with melee characters because they have specific spells and abilities that target melee and are unique to shaman (two group-wide spells that add very good melee procs, epic that gives 65% extra melee crit rate to the group)
like i mentioned - this chart was intended to talk about the Synergy focus AA abilities classes get. not overall synergistic components to class toolbox.

people have their ideal grp suggestions
tank (pick your poison)
healer (i alternate shm w cleric)
bard (i prefer to always have one)
bst (i like the adps as well as personal dps)
(2) dps slots

knowing that does having a balance of DIFFERENT synergies play a factor in bottom line dps
or do most people say F it 2 zerks and done
2 ZERK for the Win!

Just wanted to thank you for this since i just found it cause i never thought about how the synergys worked together till recently.
again THANK YOU GREATLY for this chart

I don't have any parses but Druids also have DD's and Bards have both DD and DoT so anything that synergizes those will also affect them. I fairly certain that CLR/SHM/DRU synergy will affect Bard songs as well

I don't have any parses but Druids also have DD's and Bards have both DD and DoT so anything that synergizes those will also affect them. I fairly certain that CLR/SHM/DRU synergy will affect Bard songs as well
You have to read (sometimes in detail) what the synergies work on. The wizard one for example, doesnt work on fire spells, but works on non fire wep procs. The necro one increase all crits.. IF they cost at least 100 mana (so no wep procs).. the devil is in the details.

You have to read (sometimes in detail) what the synergies work on. The wizard one for example, doesnt work on fire spells, but works on non fire wep procs. The necro one increase all crits.. IF they cost at least 100 mana (so no wep procs).. the devil is in the details.
yeah Bard DD songs all cost mana. I had noticed a while back that Wizard synergy worked with Bard insults which was pretty cool

The Mage & Enchanter synergies work on DoTs despite the descriptions in the AA window saying otherwise.

At 120, the mage synergy can add a few million damage to the large necromancer pyre during burn conditions. It'll modify the next fire dot that ticks while the synergy is active.
The enchanter synergy will modify the next fire or magic DoT that hit while the synergy buff is active.

Do synergies stack? If you run 3 mages in the group, can you have 3 different synergies running? or do they override each other?
Never tried multiple classes in the same group when boxing...

Do synergies stack? If you run 3 mages in the group, can you have 3 different synergies running? or do they override each other?
Never tried multiple classes in the same group when boxing...
They dont stack, but depending on automation suite, could always set it up "if i have X buff, dont cast X trigger for it", and maintain a high uptime, since most of the triggers (all?) have a refresh time.

Recently I took my bard out to do something while dragging a healer mercenary along. I checked parses later out of habit and I noticed that the healer mercenary was firing riposte and as a result triggered Troubadour's Synergy. I was amused

Guide - Synergy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back