• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Surf from school/work (1 Viewer)

i think i just prefer to use google as a proxy :)...although...the airforce figured out how to block that one :(

(on topic)...

wow...that's a lot of reading...don't have time right now...
basic overview?

www.http-tunnel.com works great for this. It's a high bandwidth tunneler that doesn't have much lag. The only downside is that to use the high bandwidth, you have to pay a monthly fee and you cannot tunnel UDP packets at this point in time.

I suppose if you have a fast Up connection at home, OpenSSH would be great for you though.

It's neat when you see a howto that is exactly what you're doing to get past lame security measures. There are also some great proxy.pl scripts that can run quiet easily if you don't want to setup a serious proxy. SSH Tunneling is a great way to get beyond any secruity methods. If your host blocks port 22 there are a lot of others they can't block so well that you could run ssh on at home to get passed it.

Now if you could run EQ without registry entries that'd be cool... You could set yourself up, have EQ on a USB key and then copy it over to the machine you want to use just for your session :)

have proxy will route :)

or you can always use webzip to download entire sites to use.

Greenyoda said:
Use Torpak, Put it on a usb. Its your own personal firefox with untraceable connections!
I had firefox installed on a computer (the one where I'm getting past its firewalls) and I opened up Torpak from a USB and it said something along the lines of:
"There was an error, could not open up up Torpak.
Creating Error log."

That was all that happened :(.

Torpak and Firefox cannot be run side-by-side from what I remember reading... That's why I've never used it (FF with Web Dev extension > All)

Surf from school/work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back