• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Suggestions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,352¢
Hey guys, gals, and rangers. I have been running a 6 box team of pally, enc, zerk x3, clr. I can say that team has served me well up to ToV and even a lot of ToV content. I keep hearing things like drop a zerker for a bst, change the enc for a bard, change the clr for a shm...

I know it is best to box what I have fun with, but I have taken the advice and am currently leveling a bst (108) and shaman (110). The pally and the bst are the only 2 gold accounts. All of the others have been subbed for a month to get all the 105 AAs, except the new shaman. I was really struggling to level with the shaman in free to play mode, but I started using an out of group clr to heal and it has been wonderful, however, I am at the stage of burnout from exp grinding. Herein lies my question.

What do you all recommend I do to get the 2 toons to 115 other than sitting in GD and killing Tizmaks until my eyes bleed? I want to start doing missions, like Grik and the merc / partisan, but based on my knowledge of my core group there is no way this team is ready to kill Grik yet. should I break down and sub the shm now? The reason I want to wait until 115 is so I can farm AA's for the month and max out as much as I can before going back to free. Right now my kill rate for trash in GD is about 10-15 secs slower than my core group above. I assume that will get better when these toons are 115 so it is looking good so far.

Hey guys, gals, and rangers. I have been running a 6 box team of pally, enc, zerk x3, clr. I can say that team has served me well up to ToV and even a lot of ToV content. I keep hearing things like drop a zerker for a bst, change the enc for a bard, change the clr for a shm...

I know it is best to box what I have fun with, but I have taken the advice and am currently leveling a bst (108) and shaman (110). The pally and the bst are the only 2 gold accounts. All of the others have been subbed for a month to get all the 105 AAs, except the new shaman. I was really struggling to level with the shaman in free to play mode, but I started using an out of group clr to heal and it has been wonderful, however, I am at the stage of burnout from exp grinding. Herein lies my question.

What do you all recommend I do to get the 2 toons to 115 other than sitting in GD and killing Tizmaks until my eyes bleed? I want to start doing missions, like Grik and the merc / partisan, but based on my knowledge of my core group there is no way this team is ready to kill Grik yet. should I break down and sub the shm now? The reason I want to wait until 115 is so I can farm AA's for the month and max out as much as I can before going back to free. Right now my kill rate for trash in GD is about 10-15 secs slower than my core group above. I assume that will get better when these toons are 115 so it is looking good so far.
if you get to 113.5 you can do the 4 missions (you can task add them) and they'll get 115.

after that grinding really.

autogrant going up into EoK and some focus lines are nice - but they leave a TON to be desired compared to what spells and such you use at 115. so rolling into current content but with AAs from 2 expansions ago (when some don't work on the current spells you are using) and being f2p with f2p gear can definitely add up to challenge and frustrating.

it might be worth to mix and match your main crew and your PL crew to kind of have some "ringers" in each group.

I found out that doing old progression can give a fair amount of xp or aas to toons and are a lot easier now when your toons are 110+.
So if you want to go out of ToV a bit i would suggest to do some old prog like TBL one for the djarn's mask and RoS one for the familar.

I had same issue, but I just had to give in and sub them to gold for a month, just made life so much easier. I'd agree it would be easier and a break in the tedium to just go back in content a ways so that the under aa'd characters are more helpful. XP can get painfully slow though. If you can set the lowest character to puller that will help. Don't have to actually pull with them but set them as puller and they will level faster when in a lower zone like FM etc.

I found RoS zones gave exactly the same xp as TOV and mobs were easier.
Zones like Howling Stones and Gorowyn and Sathir's tomb are great for grinding 110-115. Dont worry about the loot from named...Just go for lots and lots of easy mobs - and very few people. And now is probably a good time to save the 4 TOV missions for the grind from 115-120 Im sure its going to be painful.

Question - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back