• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Strange MQ reloading issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
553¢
I am getting a weird error, where I'll get the "beep" for a warning, then I see what appears to be mq stuff reloading/resetting. My group is 6, with 5 CWTN plugins (SK, Shm, Bst, Rog, Zerk), and 1 bard with muleassist.

On the CWTN accounts, they will reload (or appears to be) then just go back into fighting. The muleassist guy ends his mac, and stands there, and i have to restart mac.

On the CWTN guys: ill see "Resetting Aliases this can take up to 1 min" text, then a whole bunch of text spam going past- checking ini file.. scanning buffs, dps, etc.; MQ2rez text goes past; MQ2Posse stuff goes by; KissAssist messages, etc. (which seems like it is reloading/restarting any plugin that's turning on).

Muleassist guy:
- resetting aliases this can take up to 1 min
- "/declare 'MyTargetID' failed. name already in use.
kissassist.mac@16111 (DeclareOuters(string declareFlag)):
/declare MyTargetID int outer 0
kissassist.mac@272 (Main): /call DeclareOuters main

--then the same kind of text like CWTN which seems to be a reboot/relog of plugings.

I think the muleassist guy is breaking something, which is causing the CWTN guys to hiccup. I have tried a fresh ini for the bard, but it still seems to happen.

- VV is up to date
- EQ is up to date
- all plugins/mac/Lua etc are up to date
- mesh up to date

** i searched the forms, and cant seem to find a command to take a log dump, or error code dump or save the text from the mq window to clip it here. - ty!

ty ty

what exactly is the issue?

why do you think mq is reloading? there's nothing you can do to make it "reload" from in game, you can /unload but then requires reattaching via the mq button

it *sounds* like you have something else happening.

are you using "beeponnamed" on your cwtn plugins? /cwtna beeponnamed off because that would beep when you fight a named

are you hitting some hotkey or have some mq2event or lem firing something?

aliases resetting might be /alias reload

I am not actively hitting a button/navigating or anything. (SK set to pullertank, others set to assist @ camp). The beep is the same kind of warning beep when a named pops, but it will beep when it reloads.

I did notice it started in paw and then again beza/zeka zones - which seem to have a ton of mobs with the same name. This seems odd, as i think they would still have a distinct eq_name with the # at the end. but something i did notice. As first i thought it was when i had guys set to Chase, and something funky with the nav/mesh or something, but i re-loaded the mesh generator and didn't stop the issues.

- if the aliases were getting reloaded, could that cause the mac's/plugins to reload or something?

well just specifically for the cwtn plugins, do the command that i said. we don't reload your aliases any time other than when the plugins load and you *dont* already have the /cwtn aliases created

KA has the same system beep for when it encounters a error and pauses. This sounds like its erroring out for beep. Both those zones have shit mesh, are you running off mesh, causing CWTN to stutter (they need a mesh to do most stuff) and your KA to pause cause no mesh?

The beep isnt the issue, ending of mac muleassist (and i notice the reloading of the aliases) is the issue. it happens sporadically, and of course its the bard which is my CC which keeps stopping lol.

I tried to manually reset alisases to see if it would fix the problem the other day but still got the errors.

The bard's (muleasssit) MQ window in game will spit out the longer error msg about "MyTargetID' failed. name already in use. etc.etc." The CWTN guys seem to just be effected by whatever is happening to the bard. (Just my thought, but i am still a mq noob).

Problem - Strange MQ reloading issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back