• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stop Using MQ2 in Front of People (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakidood said:
What i dont understand is why I'm hearing all this controversey now. Ive never heard about this GK nodelay before and all of a sudden it bursts out like wildfire?

It's because MQ users were always pretty low key about its use. Now there are a lot of players using it that show no discretion on its use..

-They are keeping Progression mobs perma killed
-Warping in PoK
-Warping in zones with other players in front of them
-GKing engaged group mobs
-GKing mobs right before a guild engages it
-Not /decaying their bodies when they finish instance zones so that u see 20 corpses in front of the zone entrance.
- Gking mobs right at a zone in entrance rather then a discrete location

You name it and they are doing it without any regard for who sees them. This is then provoking a huge out cry on the SOE forums like I have never seen before. There must be some 200+ posts about this in Jan / Feb alone.

I don't mind folks coming on forums asking if this or that can get them banned I would rather see folks ask then do things that call attention.. But the folks doing the above mentioned just flat out do not care..

I will just say what the dev's at MQ told me

"If enough people get bad attention with MQ, then they will take more drastic steps to thwart us. We can code around any countermeasures they take, but if they shuffle stuff around on every patch, then it reaches a point of diminishing returns and this project will eventually fold"

So folks that want to flame me are just shooting the messenger. It is the responsibility of the MQ community to police itself and report idiots u see ingame that are doing openly stupid things mentioned above so that you dont see 200+ posts every month on the SoE website and the rest of us end up losing out because of a few bad apples

Ok there are people like me that subscribe to RG for the compiles. I am one who uses map features and simple pluggins to enhance my playing experience. I am glad that compiles are here i once lost some accounts from doing adv task in the day since then i toned it down and now keep my nose very clean. I hope that people like myself can continue to use RG as a source for Pre-Compiles and when my sack refills and i have had enough of EQ I will probably attempt some more agressive hacks but with caution. To all my RG fam thanks for the help and at some point I may PM some of you for help with those more rewarding hacks. Be Safe and hope to see you all when SOE is down to one server... 8-)

Kyle100 said:
Yep.. I am against giving out compiles it allows all the 12 year olds to abuse a good thing, if you cant compile it yourself then you are not old enough to use MQ not to mention it betrays the trust MQ puts in us not to give out the compiled version of the product

I agree with most of you post. Just this one seemed a bit out of line to me. We should police ourselves and report idiots. Anything we can do to ban the idiots that hurt the group here should be done. Be smart use with discretion. Its not that hard.

I was reading about one guy that was bragging about ghostkilling a GM Guide during a GM event.. If thats any clue of how out of hand its gotten

While there are many ways that I could have said it, here's the best thing I can think of.

You're acting like the retarded, red-headed, quarter-stepchild of the family. You're like TurkReno on radioactive paint chips.

Here's the deal. STFU and let people be. Don't tell people to stop warping and zoning, because you only get yourself banned from sites like MMOBugs and ridiculed.

My favorite quotes from the MMOBugs thread:

What I find utterly amusing is that a website DEDICATED to CHEATING is now attempting to take the moral high road when people circumvent their system and procure plug-ins and cheats outside of usual channels.

MQ users, like every other species and subspecies, endure a type of natural selection. Those that are smart or strong survive, those who aren't get f'ed in the A. So here's my advice to you:

If you don't want to use it, then don't. But FFS, take the stick out of your ass, get off your goddamned high horse, and don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

Kyle100 said:
I count over 200 posts bitching to SoE about MQ in Jan / Feb alone.. perhaps some folks want to view what I say as negative its not meant to be I am just trying to find someway to keep powerful MQ plugin out of the hands of those that are to stupid to use it correctly.

Those posts for the most part are people that dont know what they are talking about Kyle

Take the poster that saw a group sitting near the 'zone in' to one of the instinsed zones and accused them of gk'ing that zone. How does he/she know if they gked it? unless he/she was part of the group and if so that poster is just as guilty of the 'crime' that the group committed. Or maybe he/she just didn't like those in group. Or just jellous.

I have parked my toons in places that some questioned, without even knowing that I was next to a zone instanced or other wise just sitting there waiting on the rest of my group to catch up or was in transit to somewhere and had to do something for my kids real quick so I parked them there next thing I know a gm or guide is asking me what i was doint there because someone /patitioned me for hacking.

I think they are just jellious and are looking for any reason to have a more uber toon banned makes them feel good (like they can be important) or something. I use mq very conservativly but like to try new things also.

Please excuse the crappy spelling I am a 40yr old dunce LOL :rolleyes:

Intermission ........

soapOpera.gif

We now return you to your normally scheduled show in progress .....

Last edited:
where's the remote...i'd like to change the channel though...don't wanna watch the current show...

You guys done?

I thought it was just getting good.

Now all we need is someone to defend Turkreno and we can make a whole season out of this!

Stop Using MQ2 in Front of People
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back