• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

still confuzzled (1 Viewer)

mcsquizzy

RedCents
ty for your comments redbema.

Problem is I still don't know what y'all consider valuable / good information.

any sort of example would be greatly helpful .. the problem is the only posts i can view are the ones that didn't make the cut. While that is great for helping me know what you aren't looking for, there is still ALOT of information that hasn't been ruled out.

are you looking for tips on ...
how to do a difficult quest?
nifty spots to go AFK without getting ganked?
pros / cons of a certain race or class?

Just point me in a direction and I'll run with it .. but right now I don't even know where the race is .. let alone the finish line.

how to do a difficult quest? - This won't get you access because all this information on almost every quest is already written up dozens of times on thottbot.com. Unless you submit a very, very well written quest guide for very, very new or long quest chains, it's probably nothing that couldn't have been copied and pasted directly from any WoW database site.

nifty spots to go AFK without getting ganked? - This wouldn't get you access because like 95% of all access submissions, the actual submission would be relatively useless. When is the last time someone actually searched a strategy, cheat, or guide website on "places to hide in WoW"?

pros / cons of a certain race or class? - Again, this would be extremely basic information that most likely has been submitted a dozen times before. The WoW character creation screen pretty much gives you the basics, and the game manual included in your WoW box lists the different traits and abilities. It would have to be very well written and actually contain something useful to get you access. Simply putting "Undead get Will of the Forsaken which is a great PvP tool because it lets you break crowd control without the use of a trinket" or such and such just wouldn't cut it.

Now, some examples of submissions that end up getting people access are truly original discoveries or ideas that haven't been submitted in various forms for the last 2 years. Examples include:

How to set your hearthstone anywhere.
Free loot from instances, via exploit or strategy.
New Bot to farm x/y/z.
Point by point instructions with pictures, maps, and detailed notes on how to accomplish x/y/z.
A macro to cause you to launch you straight up in the air thousands of feet, or cause you to teleport, or cause players around you to disconnect.

(Yes, these have all been submitted here and earned people access).

So on and so forth.

Basically, if you don't have something fresh, new, and innovative, you will have to pay for access.

Pide said:
how to do a difficult quest? - This won't get you access because all this information on almost every quest is already written up dozens of times on thottbot.com. Unless you submit a very, very well written quest guide for very, very new or long quest chains, it's probably nothing that couldn't have been copied and pasted directly from any WoW database site.

Now, some examples of submissions that end up getting people access are truly original discoveries or ideas that haven't been submitted in various forms for the last 2 years. Examples include:

Point by point instructions with pictures, maps, and detailed notes on how to accomplish x/y/z.

not trying to be rude ... but these differ how?

If you decide you're going to submit a strategy on how to complete a difficult quest, and your submission looks like this:

At level 32, you can get a quest called "Bury the Fallen" that will give you very good experience and rewards. First, you must speak with Guardian Fennok in Desolace. He will tell you to go kill 6 Risen Casters, which can be found to the west near the lake. After killing them, return to him and then he will tell you there are more undead near some ruins to the west, and they are being led by a large demon. Go there and kill 4 undead to get their skulls, then combine their skulls to make an elixir. When you use the elixir on the demon, he won't be purple any more and you can kill him. After that, return to Fennok and you will get a whopping 4100 experience and 6 gold.

You aren't going to get accepted, because A) It's probably a well-known quest, B) It's probably already been submitted, C) It's probably already written up on Thottbot, Allakhazam, or other WoW sites, and D) Very little time was actually spent making it a worthwhile guide.

Now, take for instance many level 70 quests, such as Karazhan Attunement, Gruul's Lair quests, and the like, write out your own guide, include pictures with directions, locations, strategies for defeating the mobs you have to kill, and you're much more likely to get accepted, because not only was the information actually useful to many people (not EVERY quest is written up on thottbot you know), but people can see you actually spent time and tried to write a useful piece of information, not just punched your keyboard for 60 seconds to try to get access to a private forum.

you can do a cash/trash thread. spend 30 minutes on that. add links,pics, and maps
and i guarantee people will say "YES"

Find something specifc make it spiffy, give examples, make it pretty, etc.

Even if a version of it is already posted inside if yours is the better post most likely it will be accepted.

The more well known something is the better the post has to be.

Jin,

Since you have chosen not to receive private messages, this will have to be a public warning.

I am going to ask you to stop spamming the forums with your anger towards one of the recent submission threads.

There is nothing wrong with submitting your opinion in the thread, and explaining why you do or do not like the post, but there is a proper way to do so, and telling the admins that they would be "gay" for doing so is not it. Also, gravedigging month old threads in order to flame the site is not acceptable.

Consider this your first and second warning. Please read the Redguides rules for understanding on what some of the consequences will be if you continue in this.

RB

jin said:
oh... im sorry, i don't know why i can't recieve PM's. it won't happen again

you can turn them on in your control panel optionis (unless you don't have an active subscription...then you can't use the Private Message System)

i've been trying to be active but i've been busy with HSA's and Exams this whole month so I haven't had the chance to do much online.

My question wasn't if you are "active," rather, if you are part of any forum here. The only thing that I can see is that you are in a redgroup, and hang out in the free sub forums.

Are you a part of the WoW forums? I could go look in the admin controls, but I really would just rather ask.

oooh no. sorry about the misunderstanding. no my subscription ran out and im still stuck on whether to buy subscription or put another submission up

still confuzzled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back