• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Starting fresh on an "dead" server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
775¢
Hi guys,

Hope you guys in the U.S had a great 4th of July.

With the recent suspensions going on I was thinking to start fresh on an empty server, not sure if it will make a difference but thought I'd give it a go anyway.
I'll be in 'single' player mode throughout. I will enjoy my time as long as I can or till my gaming days are over so figured why not try it this way.

Which server could you recommend with the lowest population?

Thanks.

p.s - I know using 3rd part software can be detected on any server but at least it will give me a bit of peace knowing players won't be reporting me on a dead server.

Should pick a lower-middle pop server, imo. Avoid the top couple and that'll prolly be the best bet

Every time you go for the lowest pop server theyll be first on the merge chopping block next cycle

For others:
If this turns into a tinfoil thread off-topic from the question it'll be moved and merged to the mega thread :)

Should pick a lower-middle pop server, imo. Avoid the top couple and that'll prolly be the best bet

Every time you go for the lowest pop server theyll be first on the merge chopping block next cycle

For others:
If this turns into a tinfoil thread off-topic from the question it'll be moved and merged to the mega thread :)
Excellent, thanks Sic.

Test server with new accounts
I used to think this was not a good idea, but with my recent experience on Live, this is the correct answer.

Once I realized how easy it is to max tradeskills, acquire the components and make the equipment, I realized I didn't need the bazaar for anything anyways.

I always worried about accessibility of items, lack of bazaar and an economy, but honestly in the current game it doesn't matter.

You can max tradeskills through Overseer, and make your own gear from top to bottom.

Accounts are free, just roll another rogue, or a second group, it doesn't matter. You're an expansion behind, but what's the difference if you're not raiding anyways? N+1 DPS?

If you aren't going to raid, then test is the best option.

In fact, I think I'm going to roll a new crew there later today myself

Hi guys,

Hope you guys in the U.S had a great 4th of July.

With the recent suspensions going on I was thinking to start fresh on an empty server, not sure if it will make a difference but thought I'd give it a go anyway.
I'll be in 'single' player mode throughout. I will enjoy my time as long as I can or till my gaming days are over so figured why not try it this way.

Which server could you recommend with the lowest population?

Thanks.

p.s - I know using 3rd part software can be detected on any server but at least it will give me a bit of peace knowing players won't be reporting me on a dead server.
Not sure what you mean by "single player mode" as we are all single players boxing anyway. Unless what you mean to say is you will only be playing one toon. Also, as a side note, play smartly, and not with a bunch of risk (aka AFK fighting) and you'll be okay. I have never had an issue with the software in the couple years I have played with it (I started in 2020 with the software...been playing EQ since beta). Also, as a side note, seems as though after 6PM (PST) or on weekends petitions aren't actively followed up on as it appears Daybreak only has GM's online within business hours anyway from my experience (no doubt due to budget constraints). So, if you are a night player, bonus. I have been reported before (not for afk fighting or anything like that), and never had a rep contact me until the following day after 7AM (PST). I also have filed petitions before, and never gotten answers / follow-up unless it was during business hours M-F. Just my 2 cents. It could just be my luck, but it's what I have experienced anyway. Good luck and have fun!

Question - Starting fresh on an "dead" server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back