• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Sony has updated their logging methods (1 Viewer)

abs0 said:
Is that why they makes AE's with 50 or 100 foot range? They are hoping player are honest enough to stand in them?
Haha. Exactly. This is about strategy, not cheating. mrmath, your logic is warped.

I can see your comparison of ingame ghostkilling to rl drugdealing. But rl drug dealing to rl downloading movies on the net? Are you fucking serious?

The only real problem I see with my post is that I was not totally clear. FD was not put in the game so certain classes could split, by using it to split, you are exploiting game mechanics, it is just an exploit we are all accustomed to.

I will refer you to shaman getting affliction efficiency items to save mana on det spells like malos and turgurs. Was it an exploit? It lasted over a year before SOE fixed it..

I will also refer you to sticking a green con pet on a big red guy, and pulling him single w/o killing his guards, ie Shyria. (and to a lower extent all those single pulls done with green pets). Obviously an exploit and not something the game designers had put into the game, yet almost anyone who could use it, did.

The reason I said warping and ghost killing are akin to stealing movies is because you do it, you don't hurt anyone, and you gain something. IE xp, or loot, or both. Well flooding the bazaar with your 24/7 bots are hurting honest people. Getting tons of plat and driving prices up are hurting honest people, it's just that you don't notice it. Just like you don't notice that I now pay $10.50 per ticket when I used to pay $5. (I download them movies too, I'm not saying I'm not a cheater, but don't fool yourself is all =b)

Actually, players who farm for items and run those 24X7 traders tend to drive prices down, not up. They find a niche and farm it. They simply don't sell frequently enough to combat LORE issues unless they have the lowest price. They constantly undercut "normal" players, driving the price down of their "choice" item, therefore driving down the price of all lesser items of that SLOT/CLASS/LEVEL throughout the bazaar (because the items are not selling at the normal price, players lower their asking price---simple.). Ultimately, new players get to buy cheap armor because of those exploiting 24X7 traders.

I can tell ya now which I have said it over and over. Most bans were because people used hacks on warp and piggyzone on progression. The idea of progression didnt tip ya off seeing that they were gonna watch for this stuff so it will be a server that was kept up on.

If u used hacks or whatever on progression soon enough the acct will get banned. Most regular server if you keep a low profile and don't go in and KS some group mob or show off you should be fine to warp.

But if you are doing the LS exp or any other afk exp you bet your ass your gonna get banned cause they will watch and go thru the logs but if your a normal player that uses it every so often you should be fine.

This is going to be a dumb question that has perhaps already been covered (and I am sure I missed it) but how safe would /gate be? I stopped using warp a long time ago because I figured sooner or later they would be getting around to watching it but I REALLY want to be able to consider /gate safe.

Thanks - Bot

Well... /gate is a touchy subject... For instance your just instantly zoning whereas the Gate spell has a 4 second cast and a potion has a 10 second cast.

I don't know if Sony is looking for these logs yet, or if they have been, but I would just say take about 10k and get some gate potions ftw.

majin1970 said:
Not everyone here comes here to cheat. I'm probably not alone here, but I don't feel the basic usage of MacroQuest is cheating. It's the automation of functionality that is already possible in EverQuest. Sure, I could sit there and mash my Slam button or Forage button all day, but if I can get the same result with less wrist movements, that reduces the chances of me obtaining carpal tunnel while still being able to play and chat with people I enjoy being around.

I may be speaking only for myself here, but the main part about EQ that kept me in for so long is the people. It isn't the gameplay and certainly not the quests, it's the people that make the community of EverQuest addictive.

I totally agree with this statement. I at least would like someone around (like turk) who will let me know when something is more likely to happen. If turk was (and maybe he is as I am a newbie) still compiling, i would download his at to keep me from being tempted to use /warp or /gate when i'm about to die or don't want to run forever after dieing. I personally don't want my account being banned. I know that just using any of this stuff carries some risk of being banned, but i want to know how likely a usage will get me banned. When I first got on, I read the main post on what to do and not to do. It must need updating. It basically told me I could warp but not to do it infront of anyone, especially a GM. But now that I read more and more, i find that the main post needs updating as it seems like no one even needs to be around to "catch" you warping. Makes me wonder if they would do the same for a bard macro, "look he circle the EXACT location 2000 times, or even 200. How is that possible without a macro" Could be coming someday even if not yet. Of course people need ot be nice when they are warning, but others need to either listen or ignore that warning too. I havn't been on here long enough to see, but it seems that Turk does not SPAM anything, so if he just included a warning on someone elses compile, DEAL WITH IT. Its not like your selling this stuff and newbies like myself need to be able to find this info without looking at all 10000 forums on here. Please don't start being abusive toward each other and please enter your warnings at least in a civil manner. It seems as if Turk has been right more than wrong and it also seems that he would have earned his "personal title" from some kind of know-how. Turn off your easily offended button and try to see a warning for what could be, then ignore or follow as you choose. just my newbie 2 cents worth......

/fade basicaly makes you zone then warps you back to the original spot so I would say fade is no good. Gate is safe except for the fact you are sending a death packet to the server to gate back to bind. This is obvious to anyone looking at logs. So I would say that if you use gate and only gate and don't give gm's any reason to look at logs on your account you would be safe.

neo_vs_hal said:
The difference between Turk's warnings and TeachersPet's warnings is TP gave reasons and examples of why the warning should be heeded. Turk only came out and said "don't do it because I know you will get into trouble, but I'm not going to tell you why I know."

I respect both Turk and TP. However, even if it is the same old story as some want to say, I appreciate TeachersPet sharing the information.

I try to show my intellect by keeping my mouth shut and I know I'm sort of new, but if you are privy to inside info on the goings-on at SoE, it would not be difficult to track down who Turk was if he shared too much. I really don't worry about being banned since SoE gets about $200 a month from me directly and a lot more from people at my office (who get help from my characters and would probably quit if I left). Several hunderd a month doesn't sound like much, but those of us who are multiple-account owners are the real bread and butter for SoE's payroll.

Any active hack should be used with extreme caution. The best hacks I've seen have gone the wayside because of people using them stupidly. Warp is a wonderful tool and I'll continue to use it SPARINGLY till the day EQ dies. Even with warp, I still use over 1000 pearls for coh a month and that's with the AAs to conserve them. Makes you wonder why that kind of movement doesn't show up as a warp, huh?

Anyway, when it comes to certain hacks that usually are responsible for getting people banned, I will always believe it's the end user's responsibility to use the hack only for required fuctions. If you wanna warp across PoK or Bazaar, then /wave bye bye to your account - imo. Yes, I've done it, but it's seriously a bad idea.

Also, for heaven's sake, don't hack new zones in a new expansion. They developers are usually watching the big encounters to adjust them. Think back a minute. They ALWAYS adjust the difficulty of new or even semi new encounters and often adjust the loot when they don't want to make the encounter easier. I have to admit that it was actually rather funny watching someone superkilling in DW in prime playing time with about 60 people in the zone.

solitarytaco said:
If turk was (and maybe he is as I am a newbie) still compiling, i would download his at to keep me from being tempted to use /warp or /gate when i'm about to die or don't want to run forever after dieing.
/keypress instant_camp

That command will save you from death. It would look odd to the people in your group if they are near you (or anyone for that matter.)

Sony has updated their logging methods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back