• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Something I must be doing wrong... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
81¢
Complied MacroQuest, easy peasy.

I read on the forum and all the instructions that to start Kissassist ALL I need to do it run a /mac kissassist command and it will be plain sailing from that moment. Apparently KA is already in my macro folder, but it isn't. Not in mine.
All the posts I have seen telling me it is there are over a dacade old, so what do I need to do to get KissAssist now?
Thanks in advance.

Go to Kissassist Overview and klick "Watch" where you read "Unwatch" at the following Screenshot:
1000006215.jpg

Than wait until it shows up at your RG launcher in the section Macros. (can take a couple of ours until next refresh-cycle ran). Then click "download" there.

As Kissassist and RG Launcher are Level 2+ you need to be flagged for Level 2 in order to be able to use them.
In order to get there you either need to get a subscription or head to the RedCent-Shop and buy a monthly access to level 2 for 50 Redcent.

To earn RedCent you may post useful informations/questions at the forum. If other like your post they can click the RedCent symbol and you gain some RedCent. If you like others posts, you can click the RedCent symbol at their post which will give them some RedCent (not deducted from yours) and you gain a view RedCent as well.

Complied MacroQuest, easy peasy.

I read on the forum and all the instructions that to start Kissassist ALL I need to do it run a /mac kissassist command and it will be plain sailing from that moment. Apparently KA is already in my macro folder, but it isn't. Not in mine.
All the posts I have seen telling me it is there are over a dacade old, so what do I need to do to get KissAssist now?
Thanks in advance.
You need to either purchase a level 2 subscription here on RG or use redcents to maintain level 2 access. KA is a RG level 2 exclusive macro.

Sorry for all the noob questions, but this is not getting any better.
/mac kissassist command still fails because I do not have 'ninjadvloo' plugin. Opened the file to see if I can see what is going on and this comment is right at the top:

Required plugins: MQ2Exchange, MQ2MoveUtils, MQ2Posse, MQ2Rez, & MQ2Twist (Bards), Extended Target Window and ninjadvloot.inc file.
Optional plugins: MQ2Cast, MQ2Melee, MQ2DanNet, MQ2eqbc, MQ2Nav, MQ2AdvPath, MQ2DPSAdv

I tried - cannot find ninaadvloot anywhere. First one, MQ2Exchange sends me on a round trip where I can get to the source files, and I don't know if I am expected to find and then compile everything on the required list?

Anyone feels like giving me a hint, since we are all in love with each others here?

As you now have level 2 access my suggestion is to go to Redguides Launcher download it and let it install all ressources you need. You may want to consider to delete you self-complied stuff before downloading the Redguides Launcher and this way start with a clean install.
The Redguides Launcher will install mq and the plugins you listed.
If you marked kissassist as "watch" it will download this as well.
In addition after any patch you need all ressources again compiled for the new version of eq.
This is going to be handled well by the Redguides Launcher.

If you follow the link at this post, you will find a step by step guide how to get things up and running.

Thank you all. Thanks Dragon. Everything appears to be working perfectly now. I took your advice and done a fresh install. I was unwilling to just scrap the previous install as I followed instructions to install VS and compiled the code! VS will come hands later.
I did copy previous install to a safe location and I shall....delete it now.
Installer took less time to install everything (including some mod I accidently set to watch) then to install just Git during my previous attempt. I am like a wide-eyed child who just received a new shiny toy... windows opening all over the place ... each more useful then the one before. I don't think I'll have any time left to actually play the game now!

Thank you all, even @Oldman66 !

Thank you all. Thanks Dragon. Everything appears to be working perfectly now. I took your advice and done a fresh install. I was unwilling to just scrap the previous install as I followed instructions to install VS and compiled the code! VS will come hands later.
I did copy previous install to a safe location and I shall....delete it now.
Installer took less time to install everything (including some mod I accidently set to watch) then to install just Git during my previous attempt. I am like a wide-eyed child who just received a new shiny toy... windows opening all over the place ... each more useful then the one before. I don't think I'll have any time left to actually play the game now!

Thank you all, even @Oldman66 !
You have now entered the world of Wonka er...RedGuides...actually same thing. Oompa :hfive: Welcome. I hope you never go back to trying to compile your own.. its SOOOOO much less.

IRL - Something I must be doing wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back