• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

some reading (1 Viewer)

LOL, I like the article. Quite a fun read, but I think everyone missed the point (author included). Games like this don't exist anymore and won't ever exist again. I've bought countless MMOs since EQ1 and been let down everytime. EQ1 really isn't the EQ in the article, corpse runs, grouping, etc... has all evolved and no longer even required to play EQ.

Sadly, I'm waiting for the MMORPG genre to evolve past the WoW stage its in now. SWTOR gameplay looks like WoW in space and I've decided not even to buy it. GW2 shows some promise, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. EQ Next is probably my biggest hope and will probably be my biggest and last disappointment. I suppose this is how my dad felt when board games were no longer popular and everything started to shift to electronics (pong, atari, etc...)

LOL, I like the article. Quite a fun read, but I think everyone missed the point (author included). Games like this don't exist anymore and won't ever exist again. I've bought countless MMOs since EQ1 and been let down everytime. EQ1 really isn't the EQ in the article, corpse runs, grouping, etc... has all evolved and no longer even required to play EQ.

Sadly, I'm waiting for the MMORPG genre to evolve past the WoW stage its in now. SWTOR gameplay looks like WoW in space and I've decided not even to buy it. GW2 shows some promise, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. EQ Next is probably my biggest hope and will probably be my biggest and last disappointment. I suppose this is how my dad felt when board games were no longer popular and everything started to shift to electronics (pong, atari, etc...)

I actually played MUDs before EQ1. When I first created EQ1 account, I thought ftw is this shit, pvp sucks! But year later I moved from MUDs. MUDs have best pvp in the world :)

What comes to WoW stage and SWTOR - yes, it's shit. SWTOR is even more instanced/singleplayer game then others so far. SWTOR is a single player game with global/regional chat. Some cities to visit and trade - I have beta access, gonna try someday, but I doubt I'll play it.

EQ1 is single best MMO for me since 2001. I do play Rift now, but I only log in once a day for an hour to do daily quests. Even raided once, greenscale. Raids are not that bad, quite fun actually.

I do hope original EQ1 type of MMO will be released someday. Maybe some indie company finds money and makes niche game like EQ1 once was. I know it's all about money and make your games playable by 8 years old and half-brained truckdrivers..but oh well, hope is just hope.

I have to agree with meeskino SWTOR is nothing more then a single player game in a mmo world. Not for me

I actually played MUDs before EQ1. When I first created EQ1 account, I thought ftw is this shit, pvp sucks! But year later I moved from MUDs. MUDs have best pvp in the world :)

MUDs FTW! ever play on Dark and Shattered Lands?

some reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Back