• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Solo Journey (1 Viewer)

RedCents
32¢
Ironically enough I want to try a solo or duo journey 1-120. Any suggestions on what class(s) might be able to accomplish this? I know this community focuses on multi boxing but I've found you all to be really helpful all around and would like some input. I'll be running this toon on FV I think.

Thanks!

I would suggest a duo if it's either/or. SHD SHM. Solo I'd go with NEC.

SHD/SHM is just a consistently strong combo. SHD is extremely OP and will carry the group. Toss in mercs. SHD can split pulls to minimize the lack of CC, SHM provides some extra oomph for the SK.

Nec for solo just has all the tools. Decent DPS, feign for mistakes, lifetaps, pet. Mage used to be up there but just doesn't have the extra QOL for solo play that Necro does. They also excel in longer fights which is what would be the case typically as you get into higher expacs where mobs have 50M Hps+.

totes solo - I would pick someone who can FD, as it lets you explore boundaries.

Nec, Shd, Monk, Bst

Can't argue with SK/SHM duo - stupid strong that only continues to get better as the tool boxes round out.

Straight solo I like necro or enchanter. The necro toolbox is perfect for the job as listed above. I like the enchanter for a different kind of challenging experience. Once you get charm line you can work your ways through zones taking the best possible pets and having them murder their friends. Then murder them when they are almost dead for more xp. Then go find a new friend. Once you start feeling really brave with it you can buff your pet up. In all fairness though I do not know how well this works once you get into the later zones - my solo play enchanter is in House of Thule atm. If you molo it, a cleric merc will heal your new friend's as well - making you a group of three that covers the core bases

Ironically enough I want to try a solo or duo journey 1-120. Any suggestions on what class(s) might be able to accomplish this? I know this community focuses on multi boxing but I've found you all to be really helpful all around and would like some input. I'll be running this toon on FV I think.

Thanks!
Magician, Necro, or Beastlord for ease of play. If you want helpful chars with low interaction add a bard
/Melody 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...can autocast haste/mana/slow/procs/spell aug/ etc forever with one social key

I think you can solo to 120 with any class, just very slowly for some classes. Going on with what others said about FD, I’d like to toss out there Fade from bard is extremely nice and comes pretty quick once you start AAing. I took my bard 1-70 solo.

I think you can solo to 120 with any class, just very slowly for some classes. Going on with what others said about FD, I’d like to toss out there Fade from bard is extremely nice and comes pretty quick once you start AAing. I took my bard 1-70 solo.
I 100% believe you sat in a tavern somewhere doing /mac overseer from level 1 to level 70 burdsjm...lol

Puss In Boots Drinking GIF

Another!

Happy Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

Question - Solo Journey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back