• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Soft Spot (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
I am running my group in TOV working on bring up aa's. NOTE - it is essential to do it as you go along. I my case I was a flimsy warrior. That has changed dramatically in the last week.

However, I noticed a single player LFG 113 shaman. I mentioned I would be more than happy if he would like to join me for a bit and just drop one of my grp. members. (war, beast, nec, mage, ench, and cleric). From what I have read on redguides , the most logical one to drop would be the healer and have the shaman do the healing. We tried it and he had issues keeping up. Helping others should be on my terms vs his - Right? What other class if it was not the cleric , the shaman could make up in dmg.

Shamans do seem to have an issue keeping up with healing. don't like grouping when one is healing. I would much prefer a merc healer lol. I would have maybe tried swapping out the chanter. But again hard to let go of my chanter. Hmmm

Probably just not a great shaman player. We don't really spend a lot of time at lower levels these days, they blow right through.
Waaay back you learned to main heal with Torpor and our (in)complete heal, you learned every trick. Then you had time to carry those tricks through expansion after expansion.
Today it's just bam!, you're a heroic level 100. Of course, this is the same for every class. I know I would be terrible at some of the characters I run.

Guy could turn out to be a great player with some time, and shaman can absolutely main heal.

On top of things already mentioned... in my experience most eq players are pretty terrible at the game, even the ones who have been playing for a long time. There is maybe 10% of the player base that just hard carries the rest.

I'm the greatest Shaman who ever lived. I guarantee I can out DPS anybody in your crew. You just caught a bad player. After Bards the second worst class in terms of human play is Shaman.

On top of things already mentioned... in my experience most eq players are pretty terrible at the game, even the ones who have been playing for a long time. There is maybe 10% of the player base that just hard carries the rest.

I used to blame the players who seemed to have no interest in learning their class. But Sony/Daybreak swamped us with AA abilities but then never really instituted a system that would demonstrate those abilities and their usage. Then it just becomes a matter of laziness along with lack of curiousity.

One of the glorious things about VV MQ and KissAssist was the learning curve as a person implemented all those AA that they never learned in the past! Tweaking those INI files was a lot more fun than playing the actual game!

I am running my group in TOV working on bring up aa's. NOTE - it is essential to do it as you go along. I my case I was a flimsy warrior. That has changed dramatically in the last week.

However, I noticed a single player LFG 113 shaman. I mentioned I would be more than happy if he would like to join me for a bit and just drop one of my grp. members. (war, beast, nec, mage, ench, and cleric). From what I have read on redguides , the most logical one to drop would be the healer and have the shaman do the healing. We tried it and he had issues keeping up. Helping others should be on my terms vs his - Right? What other class if it was not the cleric , the shaman could make up in dmg.

Buy him the Shaman CWTN plugin and watch your group not be able to keep up with HIM anymore :)

If you would like this person in your group, I would drop the necro. Their dps doesn't really shine on quick fights.

I own all the Plugins but I was a great Shaman long before the plugins. I really was one of the first dps Shaman. One of the first to view the toon as all Stamina = Mana as opposed to just a second tier wisdom caster. I was well known enough I couldn't get my toon name on FV I went with an altered version. And that's not bragging man it's just the truth. I was hesitant to let the Plugin drive MY Shaman but after using it I love it. I play a different way but it accomplishes the same. No shame here I love me some plugins.

I own all the Plugins but I was a great Shaman long before the plugins. I really was one of the first dps Shaman. One of the first to view the toon as all Stamina = Mana as opposed to just a second tier wisdom caster. I was well known enough I couldn't get my toon name on FV I went with an altered version. And that's not bragging man it's just the truth. I was hesitant to let the Plugin drive MY Shaman but after using it I love it. I play a different way but it accomplishes the same. No shame here I love me some plugins.
Just giving you a hard time :-)

were you in Shahrazad?

Just giving you a hard time :-)
I'd give you a Red Cent but I'm all out. When do they roll over anyway I really want to give the creator of the OMM Mac one for answering my my question but the Red Cent clock is whack.

were you in Shahrazad?
No sir I was in several guilds on Karana. To be honest I don't remember most of them now. I had a stroke a couple years ago it played havoc on my memory. But I'll never forget Damage INC DI till I die those were my people.

I love this thing :) Can I get one in Pally too. LOL

Shamans, if played right can lead a group. Back in the KC days, I will buff, slow and spot heal to help with the cleric. Back then, Shaman 'heal' via slow and dot heal. root and slow for extra precaution or poor crowd control. If the shaman is that high level, then... he/she/them should have no issue healing... Canni plus dot heal should get the mana backup really quickly as well as dot + nuke for damage.
Hope this helps!

Question - Soft Spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back