• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Social Engineering and the SoF beta (1 Viewer)

discip1e

RedCents
decided to post this as a new thread:

PAY ATTENTION!

I did this for DoDh beta and it worked like a charm.

I missed DoD beta sign-up, but still wanted to beta. I called SOE CS line. I told them I was sent an email, but the email was blank after the "Welcome to Beta" line.

Remember to stay pissed off! You are the ripped-off consumer here!

The CS guy was quick to ask my email to resend my information and help me set up beta. He even flagged my account on the spot!

An alternate way (what I did for TSS) is to act heartbroken, and say you got the email but accidentally deleted it in a tragic mix up. The CS guy wants to play the hero ( I guess in hopes it'll get back to his supervisor). He'll again set you up on the spot.

***Remember*** Most people calling in regards to the beta (and only a few actually do) are asking for it because they forgot to sign-up. They are typically honest about it, and Sony gives them the standard "better luck next expansion" company line.

Be creative and you WILL be a beta tester.

Last edited:
Not to crap on your thread, but this is almost useless for a place such as this. When I beta test I want to make sure I know the exploits before hand so I can milk them to the best of my ability when the product goes live. We beta test for a reason, not every nook/cranny from legit testers gies live. They are for the most part goody goody two-shoes people that will /bug and /report any any/all bugs they encounter.
I hope for your subsciptions sake you do not include bugs you find in beta servers.

I have never reported a beta bug, bro.

I posted the above because beta's are fun, auto-levelling toons and such.

BTW, I have chosen not to do beta this time. . . .think I might be on my last expansion before quitting EQ, but will see when that day comes.

Social Engineering and the SoF beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back