• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - so i joined but have a couple of questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
simple stuff im sure firstly when using auto forage it states in log that eg,roots kept but look in bags and theres nothing there. next LDR tag above my head when running group can i disable it. Lastly but very annoying maps ive gained so many labels i can no loger see map without massive zoom in i already use goods and brewall i tried turn labels of but left me with nearly blank map any help appreciated

MQ2AutoForage has a configuration file, might be set to auto destroy common stuff like roots. Check your config to start with.

Maps, hit the button '2' on the right side of the map window to turn that layer off and on. Layer 2 is where MQ adds the labels for each spawn.

Leader tag, read this

Yes. Open macroquest.ini and scroll down to [Captions]

Find this and delete it, save. ${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}

Same with guild role. ${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}

Reference you should read: http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Caption

Last edited:
Look at the resource for MQ2Map and you can see all the configuration options and can fine tune how many labels show up without completely disabling Layer #2. It's still good to keep up labels showing the location of mobs because you can target the mob by right-clicking the label even if you don't have line-of-sight to the mob.

Discussion - so i joined but have a couple of questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back