• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - So I can get my old account back (1 Viewer)

Frost

RedCents
11¢
Yes, after sending an email to blizzard and asking them to reinvestiage the banning of my paladin account that I had a year back, they replied to me with an email containing the pdf, whatever, that is for account retrieval.

"Same shit," I thought. But just curius, I checked it out. Turns out that now you don't need to photocopy anything more than your I.D. Before when I had tried to retrieve my account, you had to have an I.D., active credit card, and cd key.

So now without the requirement of my lost CD key, i can get back my old account.

:)

I got one back last summer in... July?

And all I needed to do was copy my driver's license and have it signed by a notary. So the CD key thing has been gone for quite a while apparently. At least close to a year.

I didn't know it had been like this for so long, Khatib.

It's strange they would just decide to highten the chances of a false account getting back...but they still have it need to be notarized? Lol, I would think notarization would the first to get removed, but then again I guess that is their strongest 'catch'.

You have to have it notarized because that's an extra step saying, "I'm an official with a license to protect, and this person who's filling this out and who photocopied this ID actually matched the picture on the ID and this is who it is." Basically that's the whole point. And then you send it to Blizzard saying, "Hey, Frank Smith, the name of the creator of that account, is ME. Now reset my flippin email and password, kthx."

And yes, it does make it incredibly easy to steal back an account that you sold. I used it on one that I'd sold to a guy I kinda sorta knew on my server at the time, which hadn't been logged in in over 15 months, played it for 2 or 3 months, got it to 70 and stuff, and then sold it again. Cause I'm a dirty bastard like that. And I'm pretty sure he'd abandoned it to leave it rot, so I still don't even really feel bad about that one.

Out of curiosity, I tried it with a different account that I'd sold to mmoaccounts.com, an account trading company, and Blizz wouldn't even take me to the point of asking for the notarized thing. I don't remember exactly how that one went... I claimed it was hacked I think... but they basically just told me it was gone for good, that both high level characters had been transferred to new accounts and there was no way they could reverse it. I said -- wait a minute, don't both new accounts have to be in my name too to transfer? Why can't you give me those accounts then since they're technically mine too... or whatever. I really tried pushing the issue out of curiosity mostly... and that I have little sympathy for people who spend RL money on powerleveling and shit... But yeah, no dice there. However that company does their shit, they know how to cover their tracks really well.

I did it like a year ago, so I dunno on the numbers, but that looks like the exact same form and same address I got it from.

I just had Kinko's fax it for me since I used their Notary and was already there, rather than wait to do it at work the next day.

News - So I can get my old account back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back