• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Slow getting started ... but getting there (1 Viewer)

RedCents
240¢
Thank for support for me to try RG

I am having problems getting my chars to do anything correct other than follow.

After watching the Vids ... and attempting /mac kissassist a few times ... I learn that you need to have your MA targeted before you run the macro.
Searching for more guides for details where I was going wrong was getting to pages that are labeled outdated.
Could not find info on RGMercs to get it properly started
Was at a loss the I noticed this on the MQ2 menu links to Kissassist / MuleAssist / RG Mercs.

This is where I found the info I need to initialize the chars ini / what Hot Bar keys were useful to make and have.
Was able to convert the bca to dge and them to work

Because launching RGmercs from the Lua gui was not working well to get them set up.

RGsecretstash.jpg

Now on to getting chars work better / Shammies like to over shrink .. even with it off on the gui.
working on learning char modes / Campon/ Campoff etc ...

Thanks again Guys great work on this.

Maybe it is my old brain getting it organized was a slow process, but finding RGmrec instructions help ... could not do that in the forums ... the link just looped back to the same page for me.

walk dont run .... take your time, if you go to quick you'll either miss something or slip and fall haha. be sure to enjoy it and have fun its a big learning curve at first but once you get the basics down it will change your eq world ... a lot of us say we quit eq when we joined redguides and now we play MQ

welcome to the best boxing community in norrath

walk dont run .... take your time
Totally agree, great advice ! I spent the first two weeks not knowing exactly what I was doing, and just was thrilled to see a team of guys moving around all by themselves. I did not ask for help on the forums out of feeling dumb. @Barrvile you are doing better than me. Kiss assist is so awesome. starting there is the number one way to get great at using the RedGuides tools and launches you to a better understanding of all that follows. Watch the vids and ask questions here. A Lot has changed since those vids were made, a lot of new tools have come out as well. Some people say rush to the plugins or Lua automations. Long term, it hinders you I think for that type of rush. The community here is really great, just a bunch of old farty dudes and gals who LOVE EQ and want to share that joy. Glad your part of us here.

Request - Slow getting started ... but getting there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back