• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - SK Gearing - Heroic Stats (1 Viewer)

Anonymous

RedCents
158¢
Hey guys,

I am hoping someone can enlighten me on what the new hotness is heroic stat wise for SK tanking.

I know Heroic Dex used to be the end all be all, but I've seen on the forums people saying Heroic Agi or Heroic Stam are also now worth it.

What do you guys think?

Been stacking Hagi on all my tanks until 1k over cap then Hdex to cap, then Sta after that.... but as Sum1 said, hotly debated but easy enough to switch up with Remnants.... my rule is, hit cap on all, then over cap on agi but that's just me and my clerics can tell you that they are still the hardest working class in the game!

Been stacking Hagi on all my tanks until 1k over cap then Hdex to cap, then Sta after that.... but as Sum1 said, hotly debated but easy enough to switch up with Remnants.... my rule is, hit cap on all, then over cap on agi but that's just me and my clerics can tell you that they are still the hardest working class in the game!

What do you mean by "hit the cap on all"? Do you mean regular stats (not heroic stats)?

My impression is there isn't a cap on heroic stats, since any increase improves your toon overall (although perhaps in incrementally smaller amounts). I basically ignore regular stats nowadays, and stack hdex on my SK, hagi on my warrior, combo of hagi and hsta on enchanter, hdex on hybrids/dps... and if I get a really good hstr aug I'll use it, but only on pure melees like my zerker.

I mean something like this...
stats.png

- - - Updated - - -

I make sure the green exceeds the white (cap) then I keep adding heroic to it until I stop getting AC from it...

So is there a point where hagi is no longer usefull? Has Anyone considered runing like a 50/50 or 40/50 of Hagi and hdex for a raid sk build? The hDex increases Skin proc and touch of the cursed and coil procts, but Hagi gives avoid and ac boost. what would be the safe combo of Hagi/Hdex?

Agi is near useless on raids - mobs strikethrough sees to that

and yet most raiding SKs still go hAgi for some reason. I occasionally raid on my SK, and still said YOLO and went full hDex. With discs and the occasional dragon glyph when shit gets dicey I have zero issues doing what SKs are asked to do on raids.

Hagi is more for casters these days
Hdex all the way for knights (and all melees imo)
Hsta if you are a raiding warrior and shaman (grp or raid)
Charisma if you are a Ranger LMAO :dance:

This is always an interesting question for me. I would think SK would mostly focus on hdex? Raid and group.

@ABWar have you done any parses/calculations on the efficacy of Hsta, with shielding increase etc?

SKs have done the parse with hSta... full hSta aug setups give knights and warriors like 20k hps. When shit is hitting for 50k in the group game and 100k+ in the raid game, the hSta boost was slight. All the knights went for hDex or hAgi (I went hDex) and most of the warriors went hAgi. We do have one warrior who went hDex and he fucking DESTROYS parses.... which is so damn sad its not even funny. We're a very strong dps guild and he will sometimes pop in the top 6-7 dps on certain events.

SKs have done the parse with hSta... full hSta aug setups give knights and warriors like 20k hps. When shit is hitting for 50k in the group game and 100k+ in the raid game, the hSta boost was slight. All the knights went for hDex or hAgi (I went hDex) and most of the warriors went hAgi. We do have one warrior who went hDex and he fucking DESTROYS parses.... which is so damn sad its not even funny. We're a very strong dps guild and he will sometimes pop in the top 6-7 dps on certain events.
Yep, a hDex War can knock out 350k+ dps dual wield all day long with the right group makeup. Short burns in the region of 1.2million.

Some people don't like it very much :shh:

Herioc Stats

Most of us SK's now are far past the soft cap of AC. With TBL AA it says we have 95% Melee Avoidance along with Evolving /Chase gear fairly common now ... I haven't really noticed a difference between 8k ac and 9k + (which is what I sit at with 1hs / shield ) on my SK.

I went primary H-DeX build a couple months after TBL came out AFTER I had full TBL type 5's for H-Agi :bang: so Losing some AC at our current levels doesn't really make much of a difference.

If your knight can tank with a 2hander you will notice a huge difference in DPS procs and a huge dps boost from double riposte etc along with the blocks and parry boosts also help negate taking damage.

The short of it : SK's proc lifetaps more, do a ton more dps, so Mobs die faster, therefore you are not taking as much damage while killing faster, which is the idea of the group content.

H-Agi claims to give more dodge.... but if a mob hits you, your DS, double riposte, lifetaps ... etc actually harm them.

1599351204308.png

Attachments

• 1599351156002.png
    1599351156002.png
    176 KB · Views: 6
understanding where your gear is at and where you're scaling is at on DR is important

I talk a little about it > HERE < ( i did/do hdex on my warrior as well as my sk)

Since I'm a group gear'd pleb and I don't have a dying problem, I go HDex so i can get the sweet secondary benefits from hdex (especially accuracy)

understanding where your gear is at and where you're scaling is at on DR is important

I talk a little about it > HERE < ( i did/do hdex on my warrior as well as my sk)

Since I'm a group gear'd pleb and I don't have a dying problem, I go HDex so i can get the sweet secondary benefits from hdex (especially accuracy)

Thanks Sic,
I was looking for some additional info on it that you talk about in that post. Learning how to tweak a type 5 H-Agi or H-Stam aug after you have min/maxed everything is a pretty advanced tweak / strat that is a minor alteration.

So does anyone have the absolute math for running hdex on a raid sk that is supposed to be tanking multiple mobs at once. vs having hagi and would running a combo set of hagi and hdex be good? like a 35/65 (35% hagi/65% hdex? so you get the full benifit of having hagi and a ton of dex? ) trying to prove a point to a high end raid guild

What you can do if you are so set on having a balance mix of Hagi and Hdex
Look at the benefits of Hdex and go as far as u want on Accuracy whether its your actual attainable limit or not
sometimes1 Hdex makes a world of difference by bumping up your standing on benefit and that Hdex Point is gold (info in stat page)
other times a bit of Hdex does not bump you up and u can afford to ditch some Hdex (u can add Hagi at that point)
if you drop below the next bump on accuracy you basically can drop the rest of that Hdex and again replace it with Hagi (if that is gonna increase your standing on stats)

thats how I viewed it when really going thru stuff w a fine tooth comb

might be hard to get a parse for a raiding sk that is tanking several adds and is in this or that grp w these or that buffs (getting insanely specific)
even if u use the accuracy as a bench mark, dont forget procs........
all that stuff drove me nuts, went Hdex and called it a day :), btw when I have multiple Adds, click epic and move on (Hdex FTW)

So does anyone have the absolute math for running hdex on a raid sk that is supposed to be tanking multiple mobs at once. vs having hagi and would running a combo set of hagi and hdex be good? like a 35/65 (35% hagi/65% hdex? so you get the full benifit of having hagi and a ton of dex? ) trying to prove a point to a high end raid guild
The secondary stat on hDex augs is hAgi anyway, currently 70/33... even when focused on hDex my War is still on 1450 hAgi / hSta, which is plenty to keep shielding at 38 and avoidance over 150

Can't imagine it'd be any different for a knight

Last edited:
Question - SK Gearing - Heroic Stats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back