• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Implemented Site/server changelog (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
This thread includes changes to the website itself. Very old posts are likely out of date, so skip to the last page.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We now have a SymSrv, almost as if we live in modern times! Send those crash reports in - we're ready for em. Huge thanks to r1pt1de who has helped streamline our dev process.

Some changes today resulting from user feedback.

• New Bazaar posts will no longer appear in "What's New" aka "Activity Stream".*

• If you want to see all new posts including the bazaar, use the "All New Posts" option.

newposts.png

• Users can now ignore entire forums. Banish them from sight using "Forum Tools" on the forum's page.**

ignoretlp.png

• Users can now ignore threads. Banish them from sight using "Thread Tools" on the thread's page.**

ignorethread.png

• Manage your ignored threads/forums from your settings.

manageignore.png

*Old posts are still there, give them time to filter out.
**Ignoring a thread/forum will not remove it from the "What's New" activity stream. Sorry!

Made feedback scores visible in private messages.

Big updates to the forums coming soon, just waiting on vBulletin to make a few fixes.

• New server, it's beefy, and it's for nothing but Redguides.
  • New backend software (LEMP)
  • DNS switched to Cloudflare.
  • Every piece of software we run has been updated, from vBulletin on down.
  • URL style has changed, but old URLs should redirect.

Known bugs:
  • I broke your Update.exe, you'll have to fix it or re-install.
  • Magelo/Zam tooltips have been removed because they break the site. I'll contact Zam/Magelo about switching to https.
  • IRC bot is down, will fix when I get time.

Please let me know if you run into any other bugs!

Maybe I am tripping but the # (Code) quick button used to be in the "Quick Reply" on posts.

I went to use it after the update this morning and it was gone. Either that or I don't remember always having to use - "Go Advanced" in order to find the quick button for the code tag.

I just submitted a thread to the Bazaar and received a confirmation email...instantly. I like it. If PM alerts come through that quickly, I will really like it. Thanks, Redbot!

Bad news for tooltips: they're not coming back any time soon.

At the moment this isn't something that can be changed. We'd eventually like to get to https but there are some limitations preventing us from doing so at this time.

Hopefully sometime in the relatively near future though. Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,

Stephen "Sas148"
Community Relations Manager
ZAM Network, LLC

• Added ranks to the site, you'll see them above avatars.
  • Removed the plat coin from beside usernames of contributing members.
  • Removed all "automatic" user titles, they were from 2005 and not very amusing.
  • Messed up everyone's custom user title. See this thread to get yours fixed.
  • Verified users may now have user titles as well.

Last edited:
  • Added user tagging feature. To tag a user, simply add @ before their name and they'll get a notification.
  • Added quote notification feature. When your post is quoted, you'll get a notification.
  • Added tag & quote desktop notifications.

All notifications are site-only, no email spam. If you desperately want email notifications let me know.

There is an issue when you use [code=rich] tags and someone coincidentally has a name in your code, it may tag them as well as mess up your code. If this happens often I'll fix it, but for a temporary fix use the [noparse] tags when accidental mentions are popping up.

tagging example:

Maskoi

disable tagging example:

[noparse]@Redbot[/noparse]

Last edited:
  • Fixed the code tag's "select all" issues with modern browsers in all styles.
    Rich (BB code):
    try it here, for example

Some big updates today:
  • Added a new payment processor for Paypal haters.
  • If you subscribed to Level 2 after July 2018, you can now cancel your subscription from our site (you can also still do it through paypal.com)
  • New forum software, Xenforo 2! We've modified it a bit, with too many changes to list.
  • Resource manager, it's a nice way to find macros / plugins.
  • Removed "plugin descriptions" and "read the friendly manual" forums as they've been replaced by the resource manager. Not a big loss, you only ever used it for the KissAssist manual.

• broken forum links in older threads should now work.
  • code editor text is now visible in the dark style (thank you @kaen01 for the report)

Last edited:
  • added chatbox to the bottom of the forum list.
  • 'Plugins' in Navbar links to an alphabetical list.

• Wiki posts have returned. To wiki-fy a post, just ask me here or in chat. If you'd rather do it yourself, select "thread collaboration" in thread tools, and then edit the post in the thread you wish to make collaborative.

• All level 2 users may now edit resource descriptions. If you see something missing from a plugin or macro description, please help us correct it. If it's a big job, reply to the resource and we'll get you something in return for your work.
  • Added an edit history to resources
12/12 update: a bug was found, the above features have been reverted

12/18 update: all bugs (hopefully) fixed, features have been returned.

Last edited:
  • Adding/updating .ini's in the kissassist.ini library will no longer be announced in Discord, and will no longer show on the Resource index page. If you have a bunch of .ini's to add, you no longer need to worry about spamming everyone.

• Disabled profile posts, as most users were confusing them for private messages.
  • Only the current resource owner may reply to reviews. Thanks @Sicprofundus

Last edited:
  • Added a new post counter to "What's new". Love it or hate it? Let me know.

Saw that on the mobile platform this morning, now on the desktop. I'll get used to it. It's not in my way and if I don't like it, I can ignore it, but I think it's one of those things I'll end up missing if it's gone.

Anyone else have to re login over and over? had to login like 5 times today

Implemented Site/server changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back