• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - silver accounts (1 Viewer)

skye

RedCents
290¢
do accounts not go silver anymore? I went gold on 2 free accounts and when it ended they went back to free.

do accounts not go silver anymore? I went gold on 2 free accounts and when it ended they went back to free.
you can't "buy" silver accounts anymore like you used to - but they 100% do go back to silver after they go from gold back to free - tho i have seen reports where someone needs to relog a couple of times before it takes place --- you might even need to login via the new dbg launcher or some nonsense

I have new accounts that are silver
Yes there has been much debate on this subject and they were allowing many new Gold accounts to revert to Silver but that stopped a year or so ago, at least that is when people starting reporting it no longer was working. Many people have said they also have new Silver but then they look up the creation date and it is before 2014. So 6 of one and half a dozen of the other but its something one should not count on happening any longer.

Also make sure you logged in thru the patcher - this is to Skye. Cause the patcher tells the game what your account status is.

Your account would have a special flag if it were eligible for Silver. Log into your account management then come back here and click this link - it should take you to a list of what your account is flagged for:

The flag you want to look for is "EverQuest Chat Token (formerly Silver Membership)".
My non Silver eligible accounts do not show it. Even though they are paid right now. So that means when I stop paying on them I would not go to Silver. I have stopped paying on one created in 2017 and it did not revert to Silver.

https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ

Last edited:
I have seen both versions of this. I read that 2014 was the cut-off, but I have many accounts made in 2018 that are all silver. Some guildies that made some last summer /fall all went back to Green without going Silver though... its unclear how to get to silver.

@Smokeybear72 That is consistent for me also. I had not realized that distinction because I paid for one guy 3 (or so) years ago, and another guy about a year ago. After that it was always Krono. So I just thought it was a change they made with all access.

This thread of discussion is very interesting.

I'd read about old accounts, grandfathered being given silver status. There was talk that people could pay a fixed price to get silver, but that was withdrawn. The information I find on Daybreak pages suggest that you pay to go up to gold, and when it lapses you go to F2P, you go direct to F2P, you do not collect silver.

This spin on paying with Krono or paying with $$. Could it be intended, or something they haven't closed the loop hole on.

But something important stands out.

I look at the Daybreak page now, under the "membership" section, 1 month membership is $14.99.
Move the mouse over to the right, under the "tradable krono" section, 1 krono is $17.99

An extra $3 to get the silver status; extra character slots, AA cap to 1000 from 250, and whatever else is the difference between F2P and silver.

Hopefully this doesn't get hit by the nerf stick and remains available to all who wish to get Silver accounts.

@manydills I redcent you for providing an experiment and giving a result, thank you.

I mean, krono don’t need to cost $17.99. On trading sites like this it’s more like $10-ish (honestly, could be less now.. I don’t buy krono anymore). Even better, you earn krono in game by buying them from people with plat. I’ve scored six krono in the last week or two with /buyers up at 2mil a piece.

This thread of discussion is very interesting.

I'd read about old accounts, grandfathered being given silver status. There was talk that people could pay a fixed price to get silver, but that was withdrawn. The information I find on Daybreak pages suggest that you pay to go up to gold, and when it lapses you go to F2P, you go direct to F2P, you do not collect silver.

This spin on paying with Krono or paying with $$. Could it be intended, or something they haven't closed the loop hole on.

But something important stands out.

I look at the Daybreak page now, under the "membership" section, 1 month membership is $14.99.
Move the mouse over to the right, under the "tradable krono" section, 1 krono is $17.99

An extra $3 to get the silver status; extra character slots, AA cap to 1000 from 250, and whatever else is the difference between F2P and silver.

Hopefully this doesn't get hit by the nerf stick and remains available to all who wish to get Silver accounts.

@manydills I redcent you for providing an experiment and giving a result, thank you.
Ah HA! This may be the answer. I have always wondered why people were paying the extra $3 for a krono. That pricing is not new and is the original pricing since 2012.

But this sure would explain why using a krono gets you Silver status. Cause you paid and extra $3. But I don't think its a nerf, it makes sense DBG never told anyone about this benefit.

Ah HA! This may be the answer. I have always wondered why people were paying the extra $3 for a krono.
You pay the extra $3 for it to be tradable. No one is buying krono from daybreak to consume themselves in lieu of just paying the regular monthly subscription (ok, I'm sure there are some dumbs out there that do, but still). The people who buy the krono direct from daybreak are most likely going to immediately trade it for ~2M plat or trade for chase loot items.

Question - silver accounts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back