• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Sigil + SOE (1 Viewer)

IT sux...I had good hopes for Vanguard, as microsoft is the BEST marketter in the world (heck Windows is shitty compared to linux ,and everyone is using Windows) ..

But now , Vanguard is with SOE..A company which has proven that it can't do any marketting (They had max 230K users on EQ1 at the peak, while wow is close to 6 millions, in 1 year)..

And SOE is also taking customer services for sigil , meaning more indian GM's , that do nothing..Great, a game killed before it s even started.

mandrack said:
(They had max 230K users on EQ1 at the peak,

That's a BS number, I have no idea where you pulled that from, at peak they had MANY more users than that.

You also say MS can market anything, have you ever heard of Asheron's Call 2? Let's just say SOE did much better in marketing MMORPGs than MS ever did.

Also Vanguard is not turning out to be anything even remotely decent so I don't think it matters much what company markets it.

p.s. move this where it belongs.

Last edited:
Why's this in the EQ1 strategies and cheats forum?
What relation does it have to current EQ1, and even better, waht relation does it have to strategies and cheats for EQ1?

No offense, but this topic has taken up on every MMO board everywhere, I see no reason it is posted on a forum that are totally unrelated to the subject ;)

mandrack said:
But now , Vanguard is with SOE..A company which has proven that it can't do any marketting (They had max 230K users on EQ1 at the peak, while wow is close to 6 millions, in 1 year)..

Where in the name of bloody fuck did you pull those numbers from?

Take a few more things into consideration, Bucko..

EverQuest is a 7 years old game. It has 11 Expansions.

Planes of Power alone has more progression content into that SINGLE expansion set than there is in the whole of World of Warcraft at the moment.

WoW is a year and a half old. Zero expansions.
Kunark was released within the first year of EverQuests release in March of 1999.

A year and a half from WoW and we have nothing.
Peak highs or not, EQ is a 7 year old game that is going strong for how old it's getting.
Do you really think WoW is going to be around in 7 years time?

Clairification on some confusion.

Now EQ users are probably around 100k to 200k users now... Noone has exact numbers but SoE.

At the Peak of EQ I'd say it reached 2million subscribers as a rough estimate.

Wow is nearing 6million subscribers I believe. So, yes Wow is a more popular game. Its able to appeal to many more people than EQ ever has. Does it make it a better game? NO.

Anyone that plays WoW can tell you, It has a very large number of uneducated and just plain out retarded players. Its mainly becuase even a person that is stupid and has no MMO experience can get to lvl 60 and progress in WoW. Now, a retarded person with no MMO experience has a VERY HARD time leveling in EQ. Hence, the larger player base, becuase it appeals to more people.

Which is a better game? its all a matter of opinion. As for which is more Popular? WoW by far is becuase of its ease of use and play ability by people with room tempature IQs.

You wanna Argue that? ... Please Do a google search for Learoy Jenkins... from PALS FOR LIFE of Laughing Skull Server. If you find that video im sure you'll side with me lol... and laugh a bit as well.

I'm sorry, It was posted in the wrong forum... My mistake.

I've got a few friends in VG beta, that are long time EQ players, they all are saying that VG has so far been a really fun game.

As for the CS, I think SOE is only supposed to be doing the technical or installation parts and Sigil is going to doing all in-game CS. But who knows.

Sigil + SOE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back