• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,813¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Sicprofundus submitted a new resource:

Sic's Hotkeys - Hotkeys I use

I decided to make a resource that has some of the hotkeys I use for my toons - one because I get asked for them a lot and two so I have a record of them if i lost my hard drive or something lol

After the "Bannening" I've decided to try and make all of my hotkeys void of hard coded names, and use class finds instead
I plan on making some videos in the future avail for RG members, once Caption gets fixed

It should go without saying that these page/button numbers are unimportant - they just...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the examples/idea Sicprofundus

Makes it so much easier, from my MA which I play this is my invis button !
INI:
Page5Button11Line1=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /mqpause on
Page5Button11Line2=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /twist off
Page5Button11Line3=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /alt activate 231
Page5Button11Line4=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[SHM]}) /alt activate 630
Page5Button11Line5=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (!${Me.Invis}) /bcg Not invis

Would the following work for the bard ?
INI:
Page5Button11Line1=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) { /mqpause on /twist off /alt activate 231 }

And I want to add a slight delay before checking if invis held, but no idea how to
INI:

Thanks for the examples/idea Sicprofundus

Makes it so much easier, from my MA which I play this is my invis button !
INI:
Page5Button11Line1=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /mqpause on
Page5Button11Line2=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /twist off
Page5Button11Line3=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /alt activate 231
Page5Button11Line4=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[SHM]}) /alt activate 630

Would the following work for the bard ?
INI:
Page5Button11Line1=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) { /mqpause on /twist off /alt activate 231 }

And I want to add a slight delay before checking if invis held, but no idea how to
INI:

Howdy Jande,

so let's talk about the bard first - you can do something like a mutliline for the bard to simplify things

/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqpause on ; /twist off ; /alt activate 3704 ; /alt activate 231

then if you wanted something to say in group or eqbc if you're not invis you would do something like

/pause 30, /noparse /bcg //if (!${Me.Invis}) /bc ${Me.Name} is not Invis!

According to Allahk the /pause is supposed to be a 10th of a second but is a little less

• You can create up to 5 lines per macro.
  • You can have one command per line. Exception, you can always have a pause command too.
  • Pause commands are special as they are executed at the end of each macro line even though they are typed at the front. This can be confusing to remember since the /pause command is often used in conjuction with another command. However, using the pause command this way saves space and gives you flexibility in expanding the macro if you need to. The value for /pause is the time in approximately tenths of seconds. The actual value is a little lower. So /pause 500 is approximately 60 seconds +/- a couple seconds for server ticks.

• Pause example 1:
  • /pause 55, /cast 1
    • This casts the spell in slot one and then pauses for 55 tenths of a second (5.5 seconds).

/multiline is what i was missing. knew about it just didn't understand how to use it reallly.

Thanks Sicprofundus

This is working great
INI:
Page5Button11Line1=/echo \ay Invis
Page5Button11Line2=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[BRD]}) /multiline ; /mqpause on ; /twist off ; /alt activate 3704 ; /alt activate 231
Page5Button11Line3=/noparse /squelch /bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[SHM]}) /alt activate 630
Page5Button11Line4=/pause 30
Page5Button11Line5=/noparse /bcg //if (!${Me.Invis}) /bc ${Me.Name} is not Invis!

Notice I put the pause before the invis check, cannot do it on same line since:
Pause commands are special as they are executed at the end of each macro line even though they are typed at the front
Had me puzzeled for a bit as they were invis and reporting not invis (depending on timing)

Last edited:
Hey Sic, would you have a good hotkey to use for making everyone stop attack, then restarting attack on command? Using a combination of KA and MQ2Berzerker. Brass Palace is kicking my ass without a cleric to kill the DS for me. Stopping attack can work I think, although for whatever reason I get lag spikes in eqbc, which seems odd. I tried /bcg //backoff, but my reactions I think are a bit slow.

Hey Sic, would you have a good hotkey to use for making everyone stop attack, then restarting attack on command? Using a combination of KA and MQ2Berzerker. Brass Palace is kicking my ass without a cleric to kill the DS for me. Stopping attack can work I think, although for whatever reason I get lag spikes in eqbc, which seems odd. I tried /bcg //backoff, but my reactions I think are a bit slow.

Well - couple things --- if you're having issues with eqbcs - I would encourage you to try eqbcs2 instead - I had similar issues with eqbcs until i was suggested to try eqbcs2 --- its in your release folder

second - you could just force everyone to target you /bca //target id ${Me.ID}

That first named in Brass Palace was a real pain in the butt until I started using Curate's Retort on my cleric

Damn, didn't even know about eqbcs2. Thanks man. How long will the /bca //target id${Me.ID} last before it swaps back to the named? Do I need to keep mashing it? Or do I have to hit /bca //assist mycharname , /bca //kepress Q (my attack key) when the cape of flame, or whatever his DS is, drops?

Damn, didn't even know about eqbcs2. Thanks man. How long will the /bca //target id${Me.ID} last before it swaps back to the named? Do I need to keep mashing it? Or do I have to hit /bca //assist mycharname , /bca //kepress Q (my attack key) when the cape of flame, or whatever his DS is, drops?
well this assumes you have targetswitching on, on your tank, then your toons should just continue to target you until you change targets and/or call for a new one - you shouldn't need to keep smashing it

You could also make the zerkers go into mode 0 and then clear their target or make them target themselves
or
you could also pause your non-zerkers, non healers and clear their target also

You can also use an event (through mq2events) that can issue the command to turn everything off. Then just do a /switchnow to make everyone start again.

I think ;)

Go and farm up Terror's Juju, cleric need not apply

What i do is tash/malo him, either shammy/enchanter/melee Darkend journeyman's walking stick then at 80% click the Juju. Without tash or malo it is not reliable debuff.

Goddamn, that's awesome. I didn't even know it existed. I spent almost a week in poshadow for the bard tash click, just so I could reliably CC in FF, so I'm used to doing annoying farms. That's brilliant.
Thanks man.

You can also use an event (through mq2events) that can issue the command to turn everything off. Then just do a /switchnow to make everyone start again.

I think ;)

As I said in the other thread, I'm totally going to look into this. I've been looking at making hotkeys and stuff, but relying on my reaction time (which is occasionally reduced by certain fermented sugar products) causes the odd few issues. This could be the answer to so many issues I'd been frustrated about. Thanks man.

As I said in the other thread, I'm totally going to look into this. I've been looking at making hotkeys and stuff, but relying on my reaction time (which is occasionally reduced by certain fermented sugar products) causes the odd few issues. This could be the answer to so many issues I'd been frustrated about. Thanks man.

It really is, but the absolute best option (I think) would actually be that clicky @jande shared. Once you have a reverse damage shield on the mob the mob's damage shield will never land. It blocks it. So, you just have to get the clicky to stick and then you're good to go. An event to back you up in case the DS lands early or something might be a good second-order idea, though.

On this issue I have my team parked away from the bridge so when he spawns he won’t automatically attack us. I then have my tank target him, tab over to the cleric and hard cast Curates Retort on the tank. The spell hits the tank and hits the named with the reverse DS. Then the named comes running into camp with the debuff and his beat down begins.

On this issue I have my team parked away from the bridge so when he spawns he won’t automatically attack us. I then have my tank target him, tab over to the cleric and hard cast Curates Retort on the tank. The spell hits the tank and hits the named with the reverse DS. Then the named comes running into camp with the debuff and his beat down begins.

Doesn't curate's retort put a buff on the tank that ALLOWS him to proc a reverse DS? It might be better to actually have your cleric Mark the named as it's coming into camp. I purposefully pull with deflection or shield whatever to give my cleric and debuffers a few ticks to do their dirty work.

Doesn't curate's retort put a buff on the tank that ALLOWS him to proc a reverse DS? It might be better to actually have your cleric Mark the named as it's coming into camp. I purposefully pull with deflection or shield whatever to give my cleric and debuffers a few ticks to do their dirty work.
nah - @kaen01 actually brought this up the other day

Curate's Retort puts a proc buff on the tank - but ONLY puts the reverse DS thing on the target's-target --- so would need to cast it while tank has named targetted --- I actually updated my cleric ini to reflect it

nah - @kaen01 actually brought this up the other day

Curate's Retort puts a proc buff on the tank - but ONLY puts the reverse DS thing on the target's-target --- so would need to cast it while tank has named targetted --- I actually updated my cleric ini to reflect it

That's dumb, then. Why would you want your cleric to cast a 2+ min long buff on the tank every single pull? Seems ridic. But okay *shrug*

I'll have to check this out, as well.

That's dumb, then. Why would you want your cleric to cast a 2+ min long buff on the tank every single pull? Seems ridic. But okay *shrug*

I'll have to check this out, as well.
yeah that's why i just keep it buffing the tank normally out of combat - and then I have it re-cast it for named to get the anti-DS

Is the reverse DS better than the lvl 106+ Mark spell?
I use curate's because I don't keep dps turned on with my cleric - I don't want it moving around routines - I just want it healing

aye
INI:
Heals17=Curate's Retort|99|MA|Once|Cond10
Cond10=${Me.GroupAssistTarget.Named}

My only issue with that is I would want to make sure it didn’t fire on my target if I ran back into the cleric’s aura and was suddenly under 99% health. I could see that screwing me in a dungeon.

I won't go into details, but Curate's Retort is simply one of the most amazing spells in the game.

I think I know what he's talking about.... I've stumbled into some weird situations with it.

I've stumbled into wipes because of it, when it was set as a buff. Then I tracked down what was causing it, and said hey, wait...

Yea, I had some wipes because of it, too. Stuff in Plane of Smoke already has a stupid large agro radius.... hitting them Curate's is a wipe waiting to happen.

Mine was in fight fire. I'd hear a sound like a whip being snapped, then the cleric would get pwned by all the mobs. Wtf. So I dug through my logs to see what was happened just before pwned, and he buffed with retort. So I finally removed it from the buff line up.

Mine was in fight fire. I'd hear a sound like a whip being snapped, then the cleric would get pwned by all the mobs. Wtf. So I dug through my logs to see what was happened just before pwned, and he buffed with retort. So I finally removed it from the buff line up.

Yea, I commented it out. If you're not ready for the cleric to immediately have agro on a pull it can be the start of a bad day.

Silly question but do you use these with the standard social buttons that come default with EQ? I honestly couldn't tell you why but I've always shied away from using any kind of MQ2 command in the default eq windows/buttons and have only ever used them in the MQ2 window.

Is that an unnecessary precaution?

Silly question but do you use these with the standard social buttons that come default with EQ? I honestly couldn't tell you why but I've always shied away from using any kind of MQ2 command in the default eq windows/buttons and have only ever used them in the MQ2 window.

Is that an unnecessary precaution?
I use regular social keys.

mq2 stuff gets caught/redirected before it ever even gets to everquest (not that it is a real issue anyhow), but it is safe

Hello @Sic ,
I was reading your Hotkeys and you mentioned the "bannening" and using class keys. I am pretty new here and bannening sounds bad so I thought there must be a reason to why you swtiched to Class calls. I am copying and pasting you command but i am getting and error when running it.

Hot key for pausing cleric:
/bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[CLR]}) /mqp on

and results are:
[(msg)mage-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on
[(msg)cleric-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on
[(msg)bard-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on

Scratching my head here, what am i doing wrong?

Hello @Sic ,
I was reading your Hotkeys and you mentioned the "bannening" and using class keys. I am pretty new here and bannening sounds bad so I thought there must be a reason to why you swtiched to Class calls. I am copying and pasting you command but i am getting and error when running it.

Hot key for pausing cleric:
/bcg //if (${Me.Class.ShortName.Find[CLR]}) /mqp on

and results are:
[(msg)mage-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on
[(msg)cleric-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on
[(msg)bard-toon] //if (NULL) /mqp on

Scratching my head here, what am i doing wrong?
you need a /noparse in there otherwise it is checking the person issuing the command

This tells everyone in your group to pause their macro
/noparse /bcga //mqp on

this tells everyone in your group to unpause their macro
/noparse /bcga //mqp off

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back