• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Should we kill off IRC on Redguides? (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
IRC these days is fairly quiet, we have ~10 people in the channel who rarely chat, and mostly just idle.

The discord server that Coinstop set up for us has been much more active. Is it time for RedGuides to change with the times?

EDIT: Congrats to Discord! Welcome to our new chat:
https://discord.gg/GUeSzr9

Last edited:
Re: Should we kill off Redguides IRC?

We know my vote ;P
Also, there's a trivia bot in there for you guys that enjoy trivia.
Will be adding an EQ trivia section soon, right now theres computers, greek mythology, game of thrones, and a bunch of other stuff im sure a ton of us are into

Last edited:

I'd just like to mention that on my mobile device the title of this thread is:

"Should we kill off Redguides"

I just about lost my fucking mind ... until I clicked on it and saw the FULL title included "IRC" at the end.

If that was on purpose ... well played.

I'd just like to mention that on my mobile device the title of this thread is:

"Should we kill off Redguides"

I just about lost my fucking mind ... until I clicked on it and saw the FULL title included "IRC" at the end.

If that was on purpose ... well played.

it's not april, changing the title :)

Please don't kill of IRC!

:(

Slightly off topic, but I found an issue with Discord. If I'm direct messaging someone on RG discord channel for example, it uses my Global discord screenname, while my RG screenname would be "aspire2008". I can switch the global screenname which isn't an issue, but then everyone in my other servers think's I'm someone new if I direct message them.

You can always change your screenname for the server you are on, but there is no option for direct messaging, which always defaults to your Global screenname. Anyone know a way around that?

Please don't kill of IRC!

:(

Slightly off topic, but I found an issue with Discord. If I'm direct messaging someone on RG discord channel for example, it uses my Global discord screenname, while my RG screenname would be "aspire2008". I can switch the global screenname which isn't an issue, but then everyone in my other servers think's I'm someone new if I direct message them.

You can always change your screenname for the server you are on, but there is no option for direct messaging, which always defaults to your Global screenname. Anyone know a way around that?

I believe you right click and message from within channel it will keep that Nick from that channel.

Forgot to say: Set IRC out to pasture... Noone is ever active and generally, people were talking days apart.

Request - Should we kill off IRC on Redguides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back