• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Shaman, Bard, Enchanter all same group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
293¢
Given that my tank is a NOS raid gear SK and my dps is a team of magicians, one of which is current raid gear - I could legit see dropping the bard or the enchanter, but I like both. Do any of you fine folks also run both bard and enchanter in same group? Or maybe, shaman and enchanter in same group? Or maybe, all 3 like me? should i drop one for a ranger?

Given that my tank is a NOS raid gear SK and my dps is a team of magicians, one of which is current raid gear - I could legit see dropping the bard or the enchanter, but I like both. Do any of you fine folks also run both bard and enchanter in same group? Or maybe, shaman and enchanter in same group? Or maybe, all 3 like me? should i drop one for a ranger?
I use my enchanter for one thing. Mezzing. I mean they kinda contribute otherwise, but seems redundant with a bard in the group. Bards themselves have a lot of utility, mainly the double invis. If I had to choose one for my group I'd probably pick bard, but enchanter is easy mode for me.
Either way, I only use one or the other, not both.

As long as you're having fun and your group manages to do what you want it to it doesn't really matter what classes are in it. I have a group thats got War Clr Enc Bard Rng Wiz

I dont disagree but Bard adds some immense value it's the one class you can't skip. Ench is just weak - honestly I don't get the point of the class these days.
I agree on the merits of in-game class balance, bard DPS, and utility wins every day, but I wanted to mention that non-game factors, like quality automation, have an impact on the "fun," too.

Those who play a bard as main will have a different perspective than someone who is a rogue at heart and just wants automatic CC in the group.

I agree on the merits of in-game class balance, bard DPS, and utility wins every day, but I wanted to mention that non-game factors, like quality automation, have an impact on the "fun," too.

Those who play a bard as main will have a different perspective than someone who is a rogue at heart and just wants automatic CC in the group.

So thats all I want is cc. And thats why I go bard because I get that + massively more dps. I get it I’m just saying it’s such an ocean of difference in group adps that it’s not even funny. Nothing wrong with playing what you want but I Just like to note the volume of ADPS is massive when adding a bard vs ench.

Do what works for you. The best group is the group that best suits your play style my friend.

TLDR; To each their own, you'll get more DPS by dropping ENC for sure. Double invis isn't such a big deal in Laurion, but man it is HUGE everywhere else. Selo's is king, fuck there's nothing like getting there fast haha

I started with a 3box, ENC/DRU/BRD but eventually grew to 6 (WAR/ENC/DRU/CLR/MAG/BRD) and realized it wasn't the ideal comp at 6boxing.

Felt like Enc/Brd were repetitive, but I wanted a max Enc so stuck out some really slow DPS kills till 125. Now I have him if for whatever reason I need an enchanter, but he usually just collects dust or buffs in the GH/GL.

I swapped Enc out to Ranger - way more DPS. I enjoy the RNG, but really wish I had put a BST in that spot now.

BRD > ENC was my choice, haven't found a scenario where I prefer the ENC yet at least. For my current comp (sk/rng/dru/shm/mag/brd), I'm testing the rng/bst swap - and dru/wiz swap (thanks to mq2wizard - really didn't want another ka/rgm/afnuke/non-cwtn-plugin).

I say the last part only in that I did run the ENC and no bard for a hot minute, because it was all CWTN plugins. I still prefer the bard, typically i like manually pulling so I drive a lot from him and thought the all on one plugin would make it worthwhile for me, but BRD just rocks.

I'm actually also trying out a new group.

Shadow knight, Enchanter, Bard, Mage, Cleric, Zerker.

Enchanter has really nice life leech spells for melee users. See how this support group will help my main group.

Discussion - Shaman, Bard, Enchanter all same group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back