• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Severe FPS drop when using EQBC (1 Viewer)

Tonydews

RedCents
602¢
Is there any reason as to why my game client drops severly in FPS (maximum or below 30 FPS) when I have EQBC opened and online? I usually can easily get a smooth 60+ FPS, but this thing just makes it drop miserably for no reason. And thus it makes movement and the HUD a bit of a pain and hard to keep in control.
PS: My computer is a war machine for gaming, it can easily handle 6 EQ clients at once at 60+ fps, this is a nearly 25 years old game, for Christ's sake...!

Hrm no clue here that would make eqbc do that, unless your network doesn't like eqbc

Would recommend a few other thingstho

- framelimiter
- ensuring your RG, MQ, and EQ folders are exempt from file syncing and AV scanning

Not to echo, but I had the same/similar issue the last 2 days since coming back to RedGuides and EQ. I also followed what Sic was saying up above on the Framelimiter items.

In addition, I hit the wiki below and made sure the interfaces and dnet groups were all clean and in sync.

Reference Link [Troubleshooting]:
1. Check the output of /dnet interface
2. Set one of the discovered interface names with /dnet interface <name>
3. After you do this you need to unload and then reload mq2dannet on everyone
/multiline ; /plugin dannet unload; /timed 10 /plugin dannet load
4. then doing a /dnet interface you can verify everyone sees the same one
5. The arrow is pointing to your currently selected interface device - if you have no arrow, you have nothing selected.
then a /dnet info should show all your toons

Worked for me and best of luck!

Tonyency,

I can't think of anything off hand that would cause your FPS to drop from 60 to 30s from just EQBC running.

Can you verify that the client(s) are actually connecting successfully to your EQBCS server?

If your clients are connected and your FPS is suffering type the following on each client.

/plugin MQ2NetBots unload
/plugin MQ2EQBC unload

Does your FPS jump back to normal 60 FPS?

Problem - Severe FPS drop when using EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back