• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Servers coming down... Again (1 Viewer)

Dunno about you, but Verant was actually pretty good.
Small studio that still put People, Product, and Profit in that order... as they grow and profit comes first you see shit like this.

I've spent my whole life developing software / products, and understand shit happens and estimates are the nice way of saying "guess".
DBG is clearly working on a skeleton crew and their focus is on the xpac & TLP... Baffles me how much they have pulled out of the game as far as resources. I know EQ isn't pulling down numbers like WoW, but it is definitely making $$.
They are trying to milk the TLP teet before it dries up, and they are drawing people away from live servers and making it worse, then they throw in poor execution and communication = fun times all around.

I'm not angry about recent stability issues / down times exceeding estimates. It's the lack of communication that has happened while these events have taken place. Like the Sunday when the login servers went down for like 2hrs before being acknowledged during an event weekend... Like get 1 dude with a phone to be on call to alert the production team when shit happens.

My damn EQ keeps locking up and I'm too damn lazy to mess with it... I have resorted to playing wow now. /em crys in a corner.

On the bright side, my old boss called me up and asked me to come back to work for them so this nightmare I'm in is over and back to the good life ;)

My damn EQ keeps locking up and I'm too damn lazy to mess with it... I have resorted to playing wow now. /em crys in a corner.

On the bright side, my old boss called me up and asked me to come back to work for them so this nightmare I'm in is over and back to the good life ;)

gratz

that some of my toons still are deguilded. that it is not possible to reinvite them. that some are still in the guild and that they should work on a solution pretty fast...

I am very close to contacting my bank and get them to reverse any charges Day Break has on my card from the past 30 days. I have recently purchased 15x pre-order of base EoK and 1 premium, and whatever 1 year sub. I am not so much having a problem that they fucked up at doing their job, but that the close down threads and threaten CUSTOMERS with bans if they dare to question what is going on.

They discovered a problem
They are working on figuring out a solution
It is obviously not an easy solution (I imagine it will take either fixing by hand, or roll backs. One will be very time consuming, the other will create mass outcries)
And like most folks, I am sure they don't much care for the "fix it now dumbass!" comments

Played with out guilds before (or guildhalls) it isn't that much of an inconvenience.

just my 2 cents

lol now 1 account of mine is trying to log into another account of mine in the lauchpad screen...weird

2 things you can do: 1) Hit the END key during the launch, do it early, click thru the screens, when login credentials are asked type in the correct account and it should remember correct creds for the next time. 2) IF you are using ISBoxer, do the same as 1), or, you can go into the virtual files created/used by ISB and search for the cred entries and correct them. The virtual files reside in the regular Everquest folder, and are named eqclient_DisplayName.ini (Displayname is the name you used to SHOW in ISB), and eqlsPlayerDataDisplayName.ini.

ISB files will have AccountName, assuming you are using MQ2AutoLogin. If not, I forget what all is included in the inis.

- - - Updated - - -

Current DBG notes about Guilds

So it looks like they're saying that we have to have the guild leader boot people and re-invite them. Won't this wreck guild hall decorations by those members? (I realize that will be perceived as a minor issue to most)

My guild leader toon's guild manager tool shows everyone as offline, even if they're online. Will have to try this "fix" when I get home.

2 things you can do: 1) Hit the END key during the launch, do it early, click thru the screens, when login credentials are asked type in the correct account and it should remember correct creds for the next time. 2) IF you are using ISBoxer, do the same as 1), or, you can go into the virtual files created/used by ISB and search for the cred entries and correct them. The virtual files reside in the regular Everquest folder, and are named eqclient_DisplayName.ini (Displayname is the name you used to SHOW in ISB), and eqlsPlayerDataDisplayName.ini.

ISB files will have AccountName, assuming you are using MQ2AutoLogin. If not, I forget what all is included in the inis.

- - - Updated - - -

Current DBG notes about Guilds

Thx for all those options but i just read them now, i deleted the account that was logging wrong and typed again the login and password and now its all good

News - Servers coming down... Again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back