• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Seeking the Sorcerer (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,382¢
Ok first off I want to say thanks to sic for making all of those videos. Second I want to ask someone, it could be sic if he has time / wants to, make a seeking the sorcerer video for those of us that are mortal and can't DPS through it. I currently have tank and clr on paid accounts and bard and 2x zerkers on free accounts. all toons are 115 all but tank are in ToV tier 1 visibles with a smattering of tov tier 1 non visibles. all of the free accounts have at least all free AAs, they all have a lot extra since I farmed AAs while they were active. My tank (paladin) has ToV crafted visables and a mix of ToV crafted / T1 non visibles. Cleric is geared slightly better than the FTP accounts.

You might be saying but wait that is only 5 toons. Yes I purposely left off the 6th account because it is completely worthless right now. It is a 113 FTP shm with lvl 105 gear and 0 AAs. I don't want to activate that account until i get him to 115.

I can kill the first mob fairly easily with no issues. While killing the 2nd mob, that seems to hit like an M1Abrahms a toon, non tank, usually dies I think it is usually the bard. During the 2nd boss adds spawn and I am not sure what is going on, but I think the bard goes on vacation or something (using the same ini as sic's bard). I know in Sic's video he kills so fast that he avoids mechanics, but with this setup I can't match that dps.

I can drop Griklor on the 2nd drop using the 5 toon setup, and I drop him on first drop if I add the 3rd zerker, but the point of this is trying to figure out a way to do it with 5 toons so I can rotate in the shaman and bst. I am trying to replace clr and 1 zerker with shm / bst.

On a side note someone told me that it was a bad idea to use shm and bst because of the overlap. Would you all agree? should I stick with 3 zerks and shm over cleric? or 2 zerks, bst and clr? At this point it is not about what I want to play, rather what will get me over this hump short of subbing the 4 accounts to cross that hurdle.

you want to be picking up the "vomit" ground spawn and using the single charge spell that it provides to control the adds away from where you're fighting. You can make a social that will automatically grab it as long as you're in range, you don't actually have to locate and click on it. 1 Cleric should be able to easily heal this event.

I relied on dragon glyph on my under geared toons until they where not undergeared. Not sure if that is an issue for FTP or not as all my accounts are paid.

@Turaj Steelfist why don’t you replace the SHM with a dps merc if he is not doing anything? Also, the key here is utilizing the mechanics (ie the vomit/ground spawn) that is previously mentioned. I think sic uses it also. When I used to fly through this mission, I would click the ground stuff once or twice.

EDIT: disregard the mezz comment, I was wrong. The mobs are aggro locked, not un mezz able

What is your group dps? When are you burning? The ads can’t be mezzed (but they can be punted with the shaman) so that’s why you think your hard is on vacation. You need to add those mobs to the unmezzable section or turn off mezz in your bard ini. You are wasting valuable adps if your bard is spending time trying to mezz unmezzable mobs.

1. Look back at strategies to learn how to use the ground spawn and control ads
2. Turn off mezz or add mobs unmezzable list.

Try those two things and come back and tell us how far you got.

Last edited:
Ty I will use the hotkey. The reason I need the shaman is because I a=m trying to get the exp for him and the missions are massive exp. I have been farming exp just grinding so far. Very useful advice. I was thinking that since I could do Grik so easily that this one should have been a tank and spank based on Sic's video. I will make the appropriate changes and give it another go.

Ty I will use the hotkey. The reason I need the shaman is because I a=m trying to get the exp for him and the missions are massive exp. I have been farming exp just grinding so far. Very useful advice. I was thinking that since I could do Grik so easily that this one should have been a tank and spank based on Sic's video. I will make the appropriate changes and give it another go.
a toon with 0 AA toon is not worth bringing for anything that is challenging you.

leave them outside the zone, and task add them afterwards (before you open the box).

a mission that is kicking your ass is not a place to PL

and in case any confusion or you were unaware, you can do many of these missions with chests with a group of 6, then drop 1 toon before opening the box, inviting a complete stranger to the task, get them in zone, and remove your other dudes, and let them invite 5 competely other toons and now that team of 6 can get the credit and lewts and achieves for me the mission

Good news. I am much closer to beating this event now. Just need some more practice since my tank is not as geared as Sic's and mine is a pally. It seems to be a timing issue when the red circle spawns. I just need to work on moving the group better. I got very close last night got the 3rd boss down to about 40%.

@Turaj Steelfist You are wasting valuable adps if your bard is spending time trying to mezz unmezzable mobs.

This is incorrect, the adds are mezzable, I have run this mission dozens of times and mez the adds with my Enchanter. My personal preference is to Mez over using the item to distract the adds as it is less of a change of pace, and I find it had to keep track of where/when the adds are going to re-activate. Also if your dps is slow you can end up with an add on the first boss which will require a mez anyway.

The biggest issue I have with this mission is positioning, I usually keep the tank near the doorway where the 1st boss activates and keep the rest of the toons back so when the adds spawn they will go for the tank first and give me time to mez. If there is anyone positioned between the tank and the door they will get stomped by the add before you realize what is happening.

Save your burn for the second boss, and when you get the red circle use the "Come to me" button to get your toons to follow your driver just make sure you keep the tank between the door and your group.

I still fail this mission occasionally due to positioning and the adds, once you figure that out the rest is pretty easy.

I wouldn't say it is the hard way, just personal preference. I drive with my Enchanter so I like to have my finger on the pulse with CC rather than using a clicky I am unfamiliar with.

Good news. I am much closer to beating this event now. Just need some more practice since my tank is not as geared as Sic's and mine is a pally. It seems to be a timing issue when the red circle spawns. I just need to work on moving the group better. I got very close last night got the 3rd boss down to about 40%.
when i run it again ill screenshot the map and mark some spots that make this mission a breeze

I've always used the positions that sic uses in his video. I don't use the come to me buttons or anything like that. I just have the toons in a camp mode before I pull the first mob, then I change them to chase mid combat. Soon as it hits the ground I run past the spawn point of the second one and then double back so the group is behind me and the tank is closest to the second mob. Since the toons are already in chase they automatically engages as soon as the tank does. Then on the third it spawns where the second goes down, and I use the aggro on the tank to drag the mob around while the "chase" toons are just stuck to the back of the mob. No need to pause anything, come to me etc.

In the event you get to the point where a specific toon is called out, you'll need to swap to them and have them moved away from the rest of the group until the atk hits. That toon WILL take a DoT hit, and it will hurt and it will probably kill that toon. But it's important that you move them away from the rest of the group so it's not a total wipe.

Beyond that I do MEZ the adds, nothing to do with the ground spawn at all. Enchanter is light on their feet for this, and a bard should be able to handle it as well.

Best of luck.

Ok first off I want to say thanks to sic for making all of those videos. Second I want to ask someone, it could be sic if he has time / wants to, make a seeking the sorcerer video for those of us that are mortal and can't DPS through it. I currently have tank and clr on paid accounts and bard and 2x zerkers on free accounts. all toons are 115 all but tank are in ToV tier 1 visibles with a smattering of tov tier 1 non visibles. all of the free accounts have at least all free AAs, they all have a lot extra since I farmed AAs while they were active. My tank (paladin) has ToV crafted visables and a mix of ToV crafted / T1 non visibles. Cleric is geared slightly better than the FTP accounts.

You might be saying but wait that is only 5 toons. Yes I purposely left off the 6th account because it is completely worthless right now. It is a 113 FTP shm with lvl 105 gear and 0 AAs. I don't want to activate that account until i get him to 115.

I can kill the first mob fairly easily with no issues. While killing the 2nd mob, that seems to hit like an M1Abrahms a toon, non tank, usually dies I think it is usually the bard. During the 2nd boss adds spawn and I am not sure what is going on, but I think the bard goes on vacation or something (using the same ini as sic's bard). I know in Sic's video he kills so fast that he avoids mechanics, but with this setup I can't match that dps.

I can drop Griklor on the 2nd drop using the 5 toon setup, and I drop him on first drop if I add the 3rd zerker, but the point of this is trying to figure out a way to do it with 5 toons so I can rotate in the shaman and bst. I am trying to replace clr and 1 zerker with shm / bst.

On a side note someone told me that it was a bad idea to use shm and bst because of the overlap. Would you all agree? should I stick with 3 zerks and shm over cleric? or 2 zerks, bst and clr? At this point it is not about what I want to play, rather what will get me over this hump short of subbing the 4 accounts to cross that hurdle.

Here is the best run down that i do with my group setup. I watched sic videos as well and its all about dps
SK/SHM/CLR/RNG/BRD/BST (Yes i know i have 2 healers but im lazy and it has saved me so much because im careless lol)

1. I setup right behind the first guy in doorway.
2. Make that your camp. I drive with my bard on this mission.
3. Run over and say ready or whatever.
4. Group engages and starts their burns. I only pop quick time/FE combo.
5. Guy dies, i run to pull the 2nd named in the room behind.
6. Activates and i pull to group. Burns still running.
7. 2nd named dies fast because of peak burn buildup.
8. 1st named respawns and i push everything else the bard has to kill named
9. Name dies with only 2-3 adds (maybe?)
10. Event ends and go to chest.

I had some trouble at first as well because i always blew my dps load on the first named. Trial and error is always best practice. Space out your dps and shouldnt be more than a 4-5 min. fight overall after your group gets going :).

FYI all toons are group gear from ToV Crafted!, besides the RNG. He is CoV Raid geared. but the BST still beats him on parses sometimes /shrug

If you are using Kissassist let me know and i can help out with your ini

Thanks guys. Been crazy week at work so haven't had time to play, i put in 13 hrs and 15 mins at work just yesterday.

I will give some goes again this weekend.

I use CWTN for zerkers, cleric and kissassist for bard.

I agree I have the dps right now that I know I can just taskadd before the chest and it is just a matter of practice.

If you haven't done it yet, you should use and force alliance on your zerker toons. That will add some more dps if it procs. Somemore dps can always help.

@Grpsmashin step 8, first name respawns? That doesn’t happen. There is a third named that pops right as you call the 2nd. That’s what you’re talking about, right?

OK Restless assault was fun even though I died about 10 times. I am having trouble on the final boss. I beat it, but kept killing the wrong one. I need to watch sic's video on making my toons change to my target when I change. It helped a bit when I turned on mimic me, but even then I had trouble getting my toons to reengage. but doing the TA thing my shm is now 30% into 114, I so can't wait until 115 so I can sub him and farm AAs for a month.

OK Restless assault was fun even though I died about 10 times. I am having trouble on the final boss. I beat it, but kept killing the wrong one. I need to watch sic's video on making my toons change to my target when I change. It helped a bit when I turned on mimic me, but even then I had trouble getting my toons to reengage. but doing the TA thing my shm is now 30% into 114, I so can't wait until 115 so I can sub him and farm AAs for a month.
for the cwtn plugins - just turn on switchwithma if you want your toons to switch with your ma. for that fight i absolutely don't recommend fighting it. I recommend having everyone in mode 0 and slow rolling that entire fight. narandi fight is stupid and you can wtf splode yourself instantly

On Seeker the sorcerer, I usually save the big burns for Boss 3, Bled enraged.

Restless Tijeoly, goes down quite fast with a lesser burn, so I save the juice for Bled Enraged. Run over to Icebound Bledrek and make sure noone falls into the staircase/hole.
I also make sure the Berserker(s) have the Dissident/Dicho up, for the massive damage burst when Boss 3: Bled Enraged spawns. Activate the big burn/epic on this part of the event. I am geared to ignore the other game mechanics and only kill the 3 Bosses.

If you like to have more control of the the Dichos are fired, you might edit the ini file and add a button on your tank with a broadcast to each berserker:

/bct Berserker1 /${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Dissident rage]}
(or a /bct berserker1 /keypress (then the dissident hotkey#)

Good luck§!

ok so i said next time i ran it i would SS the map and post it. since mine is a little different than Sic. I actually do SOME Of the mechanics. I have the macro i have posted and someone SS up in the post. here is the map location i use. I put the WHOLE group where i have it pointed at. i pull the first mob around and ontop of group then spin tank into spot i marked. then once it dies i target second named and do same thing, pull it ontop of group then spin away.

Doing this keeps me always in range for the above macro to give me the pile of straw. i wait to use it till the first add comes, then i immediately use it and drop it where the second named static spawn was. most of the time i only end up with 1 now, but at one time i would have 3 of them i had to use.

He says something about "spewing" on someone, thats when i start hitting the macro every 20 seconds till i get that pile of straw.

Started doing this instance at 112/113 and been doing it ever since, just got easier and easier

Attachments

• Velketors Seeking Sorcerer.png
    Velketors Seeking Sorcerer.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 32
I have not run this one solo yet with my 6 crew as I was not 6 boxing when I last ran it. Does anyone know if MQ2Enchanter will auto mez the flesh piles or do I have to handle those mechanics manually?

If it is any consolation, I don't think there was anything to mez at 120 as it died in seconds.

If it is any consolation, I don't think there was anything to mez at 120 as it died in seconds.
Lol, ok thanks! Was quite a while ago when I ran it with a group and it seemed the chanter had a hard time mezzing them. Thought they may not be mezzable and I know we used to designate someone to use the piles when we did the raid at 115.

at 115 with 1 raid geared tank and tov group gear on the rest this fight to me didnt seem that hard at all I had a harder time with Griklor than I did this. group was SK/Shm/bst/Brd/Zerkx2. killed Restless where he stood at. ran around the corner to engage the 2nd named in the little area behind where you were just fighting kill 2nd guy. 3rd guy spawns turn burn on and kill it. Ive done it that way each time and havent failed it. No using any mechanics no using any glyphs.

at 115 with 1 raid geared tank and tov group gear on the rest this fight to me didnt seem that hard at all I had a harder time with Griklor than I did this. group was SK/Shm/bst/Brd/Zerkx2. killed Restless where he stood at. ran around the corner to engage the 2nd named in the little area behind where you were just fighting kill 2nd guy. 3rd guy spawns turn burn on and kill it. Ive done it that way each time and havent failed it. No using any mechanics no using any glyphs.
Yah, last time I ran it I was 115 with 2 toons of mine, 2 others and mercs and it was a struggle due to time/dps. It's silly now. Did it for achievements on other toons I didn't have then.

edit- only 1 pile spawned and MQ2enchanter mez'd it and it popped before I could target it cuz 3rd named died.

Question - Seeking the Sorcerer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back