• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Rogue or ranger? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,549¢
Question for the hive mind. Which is better for overall DPS, a rogue or ranger? Ranger has the bow and buffs advantage but I don't know about rogues. What say you all?

I'd go for the rogue. If I had no other choice, I'd still go for the rogue. I have 6 rogues and love them and their dps. They hang with my zerks easily, and commonly out dps them.

Question for the hive mind. Which is better for overall DPS, a rogue or ranger? Ranger has the bow and buffs advantage but I don't know about rogues. What say you all?

Both are cool, i'd go for at least 1 ranger. Very versatile, easy to box, can track, forage, and buff. If you want awesome dps, then 3x rangers for alliance hits, it's pretty awesome at high-end.

If you're going to forage/farm lowbie zones definetely have an edge over rogue because of both autoforage and headshot.

If you are purely concerned with dps output then go with the rogue otherwise ranger. Ranger can track, pull, buff, forage, and can roll as melee or range dps. I personally prefer utility over pure dps. That said I have a ranger and a rogue. I am not a huge fan of range dps on my ranger with kissassist. If CWTN comes out with a plugin that feeling may change. I only play the ranger on manual if some friends have one spot open in a group or something like that otherwise hes a buff bot or out doing auto foraging for me.

Both are cool, i'd go for at least 1 ranger. Very versatile, easy to box, can track, forage, and buff. If you want awesome dps, then 3x rangers for alliance hits, it's pretty awesome at high-end.
If you are purely concerned with dps output then go with the rogue otherwise ranger. Ranger can track, pull, buff, forage, and can roll as melee or range dps. I personally prefer utility over pure dps. That said I have a ranger and a rogue. I am not a huge fan of range dps on my ranger with kissassist. If CWTN comes out with a plugin that feeling may change. I only play the ranger on manual if some friends have one spot open in a group or something like that otherwise hes a buff bot or out doing auto foraging for me.

You're missing out dude...just turn melee off, park yourself a small distance away and watch your targets drop...hawkeye style.

You're missing out dude...just turn melee off, park yourself a small distance away and watch your targets drop...hawkeye style.
Yeah I know but when it comes to confined spaces the range requirement tend to cause issues, crammed into duck under something, pulling mobs that are not intended, macro failing to back up far enough or there isnt any space to do so. That said I have a range macro for outside and a melee one for inside spaces.

Question - Rogue or ranger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back