• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning to Live EQ Servers and Redguides (1 Viewer)

RedCents
121¢
Hi Everyone.

I last played Everquest in 2021 and I would like to resurrect my 6 box crew on the FV server. I enjoyed the RedGuides automation plugins but i have read some recent posts regarding account bannings. When i last played, DBG was pretty lax regarding boxing software and didnt enforce unless you were afk.

Has this changed? I would prefer not to manually 6 box, as it is more of a headache than what it's worth. Is RedGuides with the class plugins still usable or has DBG cracked down?

MQ is still considered third party software that is against the DBG Terms of Service and can result in your account being suspended or banned at any time, as has always been the case. You should only use it if you can accept that risk for any account on the machine where you are running this software.

Occasionally DBG will get more aggressive with enforcement. This seems to often be around the time of new raid tier releases. At other times, they seem to not have the interest or capability for enforcement outside of more egregious cases, like AFK play or disruptive behavior. Generally, keeping to yourself, being friendly to others, staying at the keyboard, and not doing anything that could draw reports from vigilantes (including even running your crew on chase through a crowded area) can serve as a good defense.

There is a luck element; the last round of bans saw some people with bot armies online 24/7 spared, while some normal group players or even people who had just started to use the software with a low level team copped suspensions. The software is considered cheating by DBG, and while their enforcement is lax at times, when you use it you know there are no guarantees.

All that said, the game is so much more fun with these tools than without, I'm willing to roll the dice to use them, and just accept that my accounts are at risk. If they get suspended I will transfer their assets to new accounts (they're free and most of us have dozens!) and just move on with a new character or crew. So far it hasn't happened. If you decide to do the same, welcome back and have a blast!

An additional question… any tracking done around which servers have had more aggressive GMs laying the ban hammer?

I’ve been playing on EMU server but debating coming back to a live server. I was on Xegony in the past but would be willing to go to FV or another server if they haven’t had the history of tons of bans. :)

An additional question… any tracking done around which servers have had more aggressive GMs laying the ban hammer?

I’ve been playing on EMU server but debating coming back to a live server. I was on Xegony in the past but would be willing to go to FV or another server if they haven’t had the history of tons of bans. :)
The pattern appears to be there is none. Random accounts on random servers other than those AFK.

Question - Returning to Live EQ Servers and Redguides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back