• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Returning to EQ (1 Viewer)

RedCents
172¢
Hello RG family, I am a returning player with a 6man group. Have heard the new xpac has gave melee dps some good improvements. With that said I am running War/Shm/Bard/rogue/zerker/bst or 2zerker.
The girlfriend got me a nice laptop as my desktop had shit the bed. My issue is the laptop is running out of ram on my 4th account. These are my specs. Should I be running my accounts under all Processors or assign 1 to each. Little rusty just trying to get my feet wet again and be smooth sailing.. I do have 64gb of ram on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_4312.jpeg
    IMG_4312.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Not sure if this will help, but it could be that too much is rendering and choking out the laptop. I run into similar issues, but by adjusting some settings to hide AFK players, decreasing the sky and turning off new water in old zones, I get better performance.

Sic’s FrameLimiter vid may also help out, as decreasing the frame rate of background windows can help to keep everything running a little smoother.

Not sure if this will help, but it could be that too much is rendering and choking out the laptop. I run into similar issues, but by adjusting some settings to hide AFK players, decreasing the sky and turning off new water in old zones, I get better performance.

Sic’s FrameLimiter vid may also help out, as decreasing the frame rate of background windows can help to keep everything running a little smoother.
Yes I am definitely going to get FL when I get the new Ram cards hopefully 2morrow.

if your playing on test there is a memory leak issue atm due to dx11 ... which causes ram to swap memory with your HDD ... if this is the case than zoning 1-2 toons at time is your best bet right now

Try the frame rate limiter as suggested. And more RAM will make a huge difference.

Welcome back to EQ and welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

And buy yourself some level 2 in here! You have enough Red Cents. That way you can really beef up your group with add ons or just collect them!

Here is a brief run down:

Hello RG family, I am a returning player with a 6man group. Have heard the new xpac has gave melee dps some good improvements. With that said I am running War/Shm/Bard/rogue/zerker/bst or 2zerker.
The girlfriend got me a nice laptop as my desktop had shit the bed. My issue is the laptop is running out of ram on my 4th account. These are my specs. Should I be running my accounts under all Processors or assign 1 to each. Little rusty just trying to get my feet wet again and be smooth sailing.. I do have 64gb of ram on the way.

Hi there,

I just returned recently to the game myself and I had 8GB RAM as you. I had lock ups and crashes, delayed loading etc. So I put some money into my old laptop and upgraded it to 16GB RAM. No issues since.
Looks like for a full crew 8GB is not enough recently. 3 years ago, my setup with 8GBRAM was just fine...

8GB on Windows 11 is unfortunately not enough. You'll be happy that you've upgraded the capacity, 16GB is new minimum now but I always recommend at least 32 for anything above "just browsing facebook" use. Congrats on the new laptop and welcome back!

Chris Farley Hello GIF

And buy yourself some level 2 in here! You have enough Red Cents. That way you can really beef up your group with add ons or just collect them!

Here is a brief run down:

Thank you! I will be doing that once I get my new Ram squared away. Don’t want to waste any Sub’s on waiting hehe

8GB on Windows 11 is unfortunately not enough. You'll be happy that you've upgraded the capacity, 16GB is new minimum now but I always recommend at least 32 for anything above "just browsing facebook" use. Congrats on the new laptop and welcome back!

Chris Farley Hello GIF
thank you for the info that makes sense! Just waiting on my Ram! Super pumped

Returning player here too. Keen to give this a try.
I have an SK tank, and a Shammy healer/CC, and looking at one of the great articles on this site, it would seem like a popular 3rd to add would be bard ? Would that be right ?
I don't have any clues about the other 3 yet, but perhaps I just start with those 3 first.
Any advice or beneficial experiences anyone has had would be very much appreicated :-)

Returning player here too. Keen to give this a try.
I have an SK tank, and a Shammy healer/CC, and looking at one of the great articles on this site, it would seem like a popular 3rd to add would be bard ? Would that be right ?
I don't have any clues about the other 3 yet, but perhaps I just start with those 3 first.
Any advice or beneficial experiences anyone has had would be very much appreicated :-)
SK/Shm/Bard is a fantastic start to a group, thats what I started with. You'll find kills will be a little slow but you'll be able to hang most anywhere. Prepare to add 3 more boxes for DPS pretty quickly, the addiction is real.

SK/Shm/Bard is a fantastic start to a group, thats what I started with. You'll find kills will be a little slow but you'll be able to hang most anywhere. Prepare to add 3 more boxes for DPS pretty quickly, the addiction is real.
LMAO ok, that's awesome, thank you so much !!

IRL - Returning to EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back