• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning player couple questions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
102¢
Hi all.

I have recently started playing again having not played since CotF

I used to play with wife and alt tabbing a 2nd character on my pc.,wife doesn't want play now so I trying to box all three i wouldnt say its the most fun i have had so been looking for 3rd party software and came across this site

I Remeber mq2 having a bad rep back in the day but seems like its a better no cheat version now

If answer is somewhere sorry I missed it but do you have to have gold accounts to get most out of mq2
Does mq2 have something to ease cpu strain like wineq2 did
Is there a way to try it first before paying someone said if you compile it you can try for free do you need a special complier for this
I would like to run 6 characters but unsure if it would be laggy on my pc

Thanks all

Hi all.

I used to play with wife and alt tabbing a 2nd character on my pc.,wife doesn't want play now so I trying to box all three i wouldnt say its the most fun i have had so been looking for 3rd party software and came across this site

I Remeber mq2 having a bad rep back in the day but seems like its a better no cheat version now

If answer is somewhere sorry I missed it but do you have to have gold accounts to get most out of mq2
Is there a way to try it first before paying someone said if you compile it you can try for free do you need a special complier for this

Thanks all
Welo back Klunk!

MQ2EQWire will assist with your processor problems. Without it, 3 toons on my ancient cpu would lag like a raid with full graphics. With it I can run 6 and only lag in places like guild lobby.

I believe you can try it on test without paying but I might be incorrect. I jumped right in when I joined last year and I haven’t looked back.

Hi all.

Thanks all

Welcome back :)
You do not need gold accounts but it will for sure make your life easier :D
MQ2 is not hard on your PC nor is everquest. Modern pc's / laptops should run everything with ease.

I gift you a month for free "second level" so you can have fun and test like I did when I returned.

Happy hunting!

Welo back Klunk!

MQ2EQWire will assist with your processor problems. Without it, 3 toons on my ancient cpu would lag like a raid with full graphics. With it I can run 6 and only lag in places like guild lobby.

I believe you can try it on test without paying but I might be incorrect. I jumped right in when I joined last year and I haven’t looked back.
Thank you ill look into it

Welcome back :)
You do not need gold accounts but it will for sure make your life easier :D
MQ2 is not hard on your PC nor is everquest. Modern pc's / laptops should run everything with ease.

I gift you a month for free "second level" so you can have fun and test like I did when I returned.

Happy hunting!

Wow thank you very much i look forward to trying it

Well I had a little play last night made some level 1 characters made a group and started.
Got the cleric healing the ranger attacking but I could not work out why the mages weren't casting
After looks of looking I realised I hadn't set a percent for them to start casting
All I can say is why was I alt tabbing all them years lol looking forward to having another play tonight

Well I had a little play last night made some level 1 characters made a group and started.
Got the cleric healing the ranger attacking but I could not work out why the mages weren't casting
After looks of looking I realised I hadn't set a percent for them to start casting
All I can say is why was I alt tabbing all them years lol looking forward to having another play tonight
Some of the fun with coming back and using MQ2 is diving into the .ini files. Tweaking them to do different things, learning what causes what, and actually making them do what you want is just as satisfying as getting a new PoP flag was back in the day. Keep at it. It’s a jolly good time

Some of the fun with coming back and using MQ2 is diving into the .ini files. Tweaking them to do different things, learning what causes what, and actually making them do what you want is just as satisfying as getting a new PoP flag was back in the day. Keep at it. It’s a jolly good time

Yer looks interesting to learn the ins and outs of it all

some tips.
1) come to the forums every 24hrs and hit posts with RedCent (bottom right side of other peoples posts is a Cent Sign with Redcent. Give one get one. 50 redcent = 1 month access. can give 3 every 24hrs x 30days = 90 redcent a month.
2) as questions. LOTS of questions. There is no stupid question.
3)there are versions of MQ2 that allow cheats. Redguides does not, its why i love it.
4)absolutely, i alt tabbed for 20+ years, then came to redguides and was like WTF why in the hell did i do that.
5)enjoy the game

1) come to the forums every 24hrs and hit posts with RedCent (bottom right side of other peoples posts is a Cent Sign with Redcent. Give one get one. 50 redcent = 1 month access. can give 3 every 24hrs x 30days = 90 redcent a month.

I thought it was 4 every 24hrs. I barely ever send mine out because life happens so I could be wrong. Great tips all in all!

some tips.
2) as questions. LOTS of questions. There is no stupid question.
3)there are versions of MQ2 that allow cheats. Redguides does not, its why i love it.
4)absolutely, i alt tabbed for 20+ years, then came to redguides and was like WTF why in the hell did i do that.
5)enjoy the game

Thanks i was slighty confused about the redcents thing,
I need read more posts, I only had time for a bit of a play i made a group with 2 x mage, wiz, zerker, cleric and a SK , with the view in future to group them with my mage main, shammy and possibly bard i have but im now wondering if i should have gone for a pure melee group ;)
But plenty of time to mess about with classes

Question - Returning player couple questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back