• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning player - Aug help (1 Viewer)

antlaw

RedCents
73¢
Hey guys, I've managed to get my team to max level and got some decent AAs and group gear but I'm completely lost on getting augs. I'd like to at least get my tank fully aug'd. Where's the best place to farm for some beginner augs? Something I can actually farm and not just complete a mission ever 5 hours.

Hey guys, I've managed to get my team to max level and got some decent AAs and group gear but I'm completely lost on getting augs. I'd like to at least get my tank fully aug'd. Where's the best place to farm for some beginner augs? Something I can actually farm and not just complete a mission ever 5 hours.
I would focus on things you actually want to get, instead of randomly filling slots.

Check the gear links in my sig for suggestions.

you should:

get the crafted gem of adroit/sec for the last several expansions - this will cost you 1 ore/brick each (can even check if you would use vitality or brilliance to fill slots

but between tov, cov, and tol, that is 6 very respectable ac augs which you can replace as you get other stuff you would prefer, can even go get tbl ones too if you are in dire straights

here's one of my tanks for example:

1658769913128.png

for type 5s, unfortunately, you need to farm currency or you can do CoV mobs that drop the CoV type 5s - this is a GREAT way to farm AA and also get type 5s while you keep your lockouts farmed on missions --- morweena in cobalt scar has the hDex type 5, for example

Here is a resource you can use that attempts to use best in slot (BIS) augs for your tank. Inside the post, you will find my .ini snippet I use. It isn't perfect, but it is a great start. Combine with eqresource.com for your selected expansion, will help you get the augs you want/need with little hassle.

For starter type 5's you can get the tbm augs with tradeable currency called remnants of tranquility. You'll have to do 2 quick quests and then a fairly short mission.

Last edited:
The Best Shield Aug at the moment is:
1658791378020.png

It drops from Shak Dathor Warlord in the Umbral Plains at point 8 on the map.

1658791516187.png

And just around the corner - a harder camp is Sylra Fris who drop a 105 AC aug.
Go get them both for your tank.

Question - Returning player - Aug help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back