• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning for ToV unlock (1 Viewer)

Meowlicious

RedCents
140¢
So with ToV going to f2p, I am looking to get a fresh 6 box crew going on FV from scratch.

I used to play over on Bertox and had two friends 2 boxing when ToV was live and had a blast going through everything, and really excited to try out VV this time around with a full crew of my own.

What do most people run in a 6 setup that can handle most the group encounters to get those knocked out (I know the Avatar of War one is going to be pain anyway I shake it with those stupid duck mechanics)

Im considering SK // Bard // Shm // 3x melee dps > Are 3x Zerkers still the go-to?

Also new to KA so looking forward to learning and going through all the awesome guides here. Thanks for any advice in advance :D

So with ToV going to f2p, I am looking to get a fresh 6 box crew going on FV from scratch.

I used to play over on Bertox and had two friends 2 boxing when ToV was live and had a blast going through everything, and really excited to try out VV this time around with a full crew of my own.

What do most people run in a 6 setup that can handle most the group encounters to get those knocked out (I know the Avatar of War one is going to be pain anyway I shake it with those stupid duck mechanics)

Im considering SK // Bard // Shm // 3x melee dps > Are 3x Zerkers still the go-to?

Also new to KA so looking forward to learning and going through all the awesome guides here. Thanks for any advice in advance :D
go 1x rogue so you can maximize dps...or mage

Rogue Synergy better than stacking an additional zerker? And I think having a mage in the lineup will take some pressure off the tank while Im gearing/AA'ing so thats a really solid idea, much appreciated!

Didn't know about that interaction, nice.

SK/SHM/Bard/Mage/Rogue/Zerk? Definitely a diverse crowd, but looks like it'll cover the bases and then some!
you said "from scratch"

keep in mind shm is a tough group healer until 110+ish

having the sk helps, but it is a tough go as their toolkit doesn't really shime until much later

I think you're not gonna get much out of your mage in that group other than CoH. A non-standard idea, but since ToV is your goal and you mention easing pressure from your tank.. if you wanted, you could run a pally in that spot. He'll eventually do solid dps in the post-TBL undeadland, and can fill in spot and group heals too to help your shaman out since Sic is totally right, they're kinda tough as main healer until higher levels. I think the combination of sk taps + sk epic + paladin spot heals + shm heals should be decent. I might be wrong, but I think I've heard of pallies being effective main healers on their own around 110ish.

Or you could swap a beastlord in the same spot and get less healing, but still pet offtank if needed and better synergy with the rest of your group.

How are the populations in the test servers? Are there GMs running around banning there as well?
You can be suspended on any server, at any time. Two trains of thought: Don't give a rip, or attempt to stay incognito. It is Test, all accounts are Gold with no cost to you from my understanding. All you lose is time really.

Population can be pretty scarce....not necessarily a bad thing - Everything is instanced anyway.

I think GM's will ban on test just as much - but I have also seen groups in the same spot for days and days so its about as effective as on Live Servers.

Sidenote > How important do you all consider Buff coverage in a 6 box team? Running w/o a cleric seems like it may be a bad idea now that Im thinking about it (and the helpful info from Sic on SHM not really coming online till 110+ for solo healing) for the AC buffs & aura benefits

Do you all prioritize having certain buffing classes in your setup and what would you consider "Must Haves"?

Last edited:
Sidenote > How important do you all consider Buff coverage in a 6 box team? Running w/o a cleric seems like it may be a bad idea now that Im thinking about it (and the helpful info from Sic on SHM not really coming online till 110+ for solo healing) for the AC buffs & aura benefits

Do you all prioritize having certain buffing classes in your setup and what would you consider "Must Haves"?
I think it is important if pushing content, but I have a pocket cleric account so...

Question - Returning for ToV unlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back