• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Returning for ToV unlock (1 Viewer)

Meowlicious

RedCents
140¢
So with ToV going to f2p, I am looking to get a fresh 6 box crew going on FV from scratch.

I used to play over on Bertox and had two friends 2 boxing when ToV was live and had a blast going through everything, and really excited to try out VV this time around with a full crew of my own.

What do most people run in a 6 setup that can handle most the group encounters to get those knocked out (I know the Avatar of War one is going to be pain anyway I shake it with those stupid duck mechanics)

Im considering SK // Bard // Shm // 3x melee dps > Are 3x Zerkers still the go-to?

Also new to KA so looking forward to learning and going through all the awesome guides here. Thanks for any advice in advance :D

So with ToV going to f2p, I am looking to get a fresh 6 box crew going on FV from scratch.

I used to play over on Bertox and had two friends 2 boxing when ToV was live and had a blast going through everything, and really excited to try out VV this time around with a full crew of my own.

What do most people run in a 6 setup that can handle most the group encounters to get those knocked out (I know the Avatar of War one is going to be pain anyway I shake it with those stupid duck mechanics)

Im considering SK // Bard // Shm // 3x melee dps > Are 3x Zerkers still the go-to?

Also new to KA so looking forward to learning and going through all the awesome guides here. Thanks for any advice in advance :D
go 1x rogue so you can maximize dps...or mage

Rogue Synergy better than stacking an additional zerker? And I think having a mage in the lineup will take some pressure off the tank while Im gearing/AA'ing so thats a really solid idea, much appreciated!

Didn't know about that interaction, nice.

SK/SHM/Bard/Mage/Rogue/Zerk? Definitely a diverse crowd, but looks like it'll cover the bases and then some!
you said "from scratch"

keep in mind shm is a tough group healer until 110+ish

having the sk helps, but it is a tough go as their toolkit doesn't really shime until much later

I think you're not gonna get much out of your mage in that group other than CoH. A non-standard idea, but since ToV is your goal and you mention easing pressure from your tank.. if you wanted, you could run a pally in that spot. He'll eventually do solid dps in the post-TBL undeadland, and can fill in spot and group heals too to help your shaman out since Sic is totally right, they're kinda tough as main healer until higher levels. I think the combination of sk taps + sk epic + paladin spot heals + shm heals should be decent. I might be wrong, but I think I've heard of pallies being effective main healers on their own around 110ish.

Or you could swap a beastlord in the same spot and get less healing, but still pet offtank if needed and better synergy with the rest of your group.

Population can be pretty scarce....not necessarily a bad thing - Everything is instanced anyway.

I think GM's will ban on test just as much - but I have also seen groups in the same spot for days and days so its about as effective as on Live Servers.

Sidenote > How important do you all consider Buff coverage in a 6 box team? Running w/o a cleric seems like it may be a bad idea now that Im thinking about it (and the helpful info from Sic on SHM not really coming online till 110+ for solo healing) for the AC buffs & aura benefits

Do you all prioritize having certain buffing classes in your setup and what would you consider "Must Haves"?

Last edited:
Sidenote > How important do you all consider Buff coverage in a 6 box team? Running w/o a cleric seems like it may be a bad idea now that Im thinking about it (and the helpful info from Sic on SHM not really coming online till 110+ for solo healing) for the AC buffs & aura benefits

Do you all prioritize having certain buffing classes in your setup and what would you consider "Must Haves"?
I think it is important if pushing content, but I have a pocket cleric account so...

Question - Returning for ToV unlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back