- Joined
- Sep 12, 2022
- RedCents
- 291¢
I don't understand, the computer hasn't udpated - the only difference is I logged a few toons out to raid. Now I can't do anything. Literally nothing changed. I'll check antivirus.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

your pc does a lot of stuff without you "changing anything".Literally nothing changed.
redfetch doesn't do anything other than update macroquest (mq). it doesn't do the MQing portion of it at all.So far - deleted old install after system reboot - made new reinstall - updated - it loaded fine, on my first character only, same as before. It's not loading on any character after the first I log in.

Redfetch asks me if I want to update (but only if I run it in admin) - it says its updating, then completely closes.
If I try and run MQ2.exe from folder nothing happens.
If I run redfetch regularly without admin I get this:
---------------------------
redfetch
---------------------------
Tip: Press Ctrl+C to copy this error report.
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\settings.local.toml.tmp'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\main.py", line 1073, in main
run_tui()
~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\main.py", line 393, in run_tui
_initialize_auth()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\main.py", line 113, in _initialize_auth
config.initialize_config()
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\config.py", line 183, in initialize_config
_migrate_local_settings(config_dir)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\config.py", line 525, in _migrate_local_settings
save_config(config_file, data)
~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\config.py", line 499, in save_config
atomic_write_text(file_path, toml_text)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\charl\AppData\Local\pyapp\data\redfetch\4791037221231039064\1.6.0\Lib\site-packages\redfetch\config.py", line 278, in atomic_write_text
with open(tmp_path, "w", encoding="utf-8") as f:
~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\settings.local.toml.tmp'
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------
Also MQ2 is loaded on my first toon but no others. It seems to function fine even with no MQ2 process going. I'm at a loss.
%LOCALAPPDATA%\RedGuides\redfetch\first_run_completeC:\.env, C:\settings.local.toml, and the C:\.cache folderAdded
- Navmeshes for emu RoF2, if you like them thank derple for making the repo
- New (to redfetch) emu servers: EQMight, E9 Profusion, and Clumsy's World
Fixed
- The wizards no longer accept a drive root for the configuration directory.
- If a drive root was already saved as the configuration directory, setup asks for a new one.
I don't plan to add a list of to-be-updated files that's user-facing, but you can add this to yourIs there a way (or maybe small feature request?) to see what resources its planning to update are before they get updated? It's probably a pretty narrow use case but I was tweaking a lua that I had originally downloaded here but couldn't remember whether I unwatched it so it wouldn't download updates or not and having a quick view of what was about to update would have saved me a smidge of time.
settings.local.toml (you can open this file from your shortcuts tab)[LIVE.SPECIAL_RESOURCES.<id>]
opt_in = false
redfetch config SPECIAL_RESOURCES.<id>.opt_in falseI tried to run redfetch and during the installation my computer locked up and I had to reboot. I tried to run again and it just opened a command prompt window briefly and closed (less then half a second). I saw another thread saying to delete the %LOCALAPPDATA% which I did. Got rid of the old install, rebooted and re downloaded. It is still doing the same thing of opening for a split second and closing. Unsure what to try to do next.
I am not running any antivirus software and have deleted any old EQ files I am not currently using.
.\redfetch self restore%LOCALAPPDATA% and seek out the pyapp folder. You can delete that entire pyapp folder if you like, but apps other than redfetch may depend on it. Look in %LOCALAPPDATA%/pyapp/data first to see if you have any other apps, and if so, we'll try something more surgical.Deleting the pyapp file worked. Thanks from the prompt response.My guess is that your PC locked up while python was being installed, which would explain why our self restore script isn't being triggered.
you can try,
.\redfetch self restore
but I don't think that'll work if it's python itself, so you'll likely need to delete pyapp. Here's how:
Point your file explorer to%LOCALAPPDATA%and seek out thepyappfolder. You can delete that entire pyapp folder if you like, but apps other than redfetch may depend on it. Look in%LOCALAPPDATA%/pyapp/datafirst to see if you have any other apps, and if so, we'll try something more surgical.
edit: When you install again, give it a few minutes to finish. redfetch is about 9k files, so if you're installing on old hardware or a cloud-linked folder it can appear as a lockup.